[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Think I have spotted a "room for error" type error. The update files are inside a folder called Android, which is then inside another folder called Android.

Bit like a russian doll type arrangement
you just copy the inner folder to the card

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2011
Just a quick one...

I've followed everything, it seemed t work (Card done successfully using WinHex) but when I take the card out and put it back in, I format it FAT32 and it still says that its 1.8GB after formatting (2GB card). I understand it should read 700mb?

I've tried both quick format and normal, Fat(default) and Fat32.

Any help would be appreciated.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
Yes mine shows 705mb so it looks like something wrong writing the loader with winhex

tcmixx

Mar 6, 2011
Think I have spotted a "room for error" type error. The update files are inside a folder called Android, which is then inside another folder called Android.

Bit like a russian doll type arrangement
you just copy the inner folder to the card

Okey I tried that. Nothing. But I got two micro slots on the tablet to I have to use a specific one of them? Becuase the one I have between the usb port are broke.
So I only got the one next to the hdmi.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
The only way you can update without the top slot is burntool in the top USB. But I don't think you can use these files.
Bummer as even update.zip files need to be loaded from the top slot,sorry m8

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
More and more problems arrise o.o
Yah the top slot on the flytouch 2 is your only updating port on the tablet and these files cant be installed through usb. Using a usb sd card adapter is recomended when doen the winhex. Idk were th problem is. I have a gut feeling it could be the tablet in some cases. If you cant upate. Dont stress just take a break and try again.
Again i stress the area were u burn new partition.

Feb 23, 2011
I finally cracked it!!

My problem was that I was that when I was selecting 'target disk' in WinHex programme, I was choosing my SD card from the 'Logical drive' column instead of the 'Physical Media' column.

Chose Physical and it worked!! Thanks for the help guys.

1 question... Can I get the SD card back to its full capacity? 2gb?

Cheers Chris
:D

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Good to here:) I think that was were I messed up during my process.

Yes^ someone posted a link on here somwhere for the sd card partition repair. Search this post. Might be on page 3,4?
As for 3g? Idk. I use 3g but its a hot spot adapter for all our wireless devices like my archos101 and ftii

Android Tablet Forum App on Flytouch 2

Feb 23, 2011
Cheers Rgocal

If anyone is wondering about 3g, I've found out a great way to use your tab out and about... Mobile phone tethering.

On my Samsung Galaxy S, you can turn the phone into an Internet AP (Access point) in settings > Mobile AP.

This allows other devices such as your FT2 to connect to it via Wi-Fi. What it does is share your phone's 3G network. (on Vodafone uk, it just uses your monthly allowance).

It's a god send.

Hope this helps people interested in 3G dongles.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Carefull with wifi tethering on android phones...most android devices cant detect each other in tethering applications

Status
Not open for further replies.