[ROM] Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
thats a pretty impressive tablet.
man handled one at best buy for an hr or so but said no thanks.

Feb 23, 2011
thats a pretty impressive tablet.
man handled one at best buy for an hr or so but said no thanks.

Impressive, what, the iPad??

I'm thinking of getting the iPad 2 but wondering whether I should get the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 instead? In fact, I'm liking this FTii more each time I use it and thinking I may just stick with this...

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
galaxy and ipad
all the ipad 2 will have is a better processor and camera and ipad will drop in price by 100 or so (ipad2 not worth buying)

has anyone used my package i put up on the bottom of my instructions yet? probably not lol

Feb 23, 2011
galaxy and ipad
all the ipad 2 will have is a better processor and camera and ipad will drop in price by 100 or so (ipad2 not worth buying)

has anyone used my package i put up on the bottom of my instructions yet? probably not lol

I was looking at the Ipad 2 because girlfriend has facetime on her iPod so it would be good. I like Android how you can customize etc though. Tough choice.

Regarding that package... I downloaded it but never got chance to have a look because was trying to update the firmware. What does it have to offer??

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Yes? I'm not sure what your asking but there's an update software option in settings if that's what your asking.

The package ihas a readme in it. Itl tell yah

Theres some boot animations in there for u guys to install. Busybox. Terminal. Quick boot- easy shutdown restart apk. The rooting apk for those who don't have it and other good stuff. I'll be adding to it later, things I was planning in my custom rom I am planning to test.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

testfeek

Mar 3, 2011
Been testing it all day works great! best ever! Going to spain on hollyday next week will see what it can do for me there. trying to conect my 3G dongle, now it knows it a 3G dongle and not a broken usb drive when i put it in. Have to work on that, but am getting there.

sarulezzz

Jan 25, 2011
Hi,

I've managed to prepare boot sd from linux. You need to get the files mkbootsd and android_setup.scr from the 1170 update and android.rar (3245 or maybe other firmware).
1. Put the files in any temporary directory (for example /home/user/firmware) and run the command
cd /home/user/firmware
2. Run the command
./mkbootsd /dev/sdc ./android_setup.scr
where /dev/sdc is a path to your sd card
3. Next command
mkdosfs -F 32 /dev/sdc1 -n "SDCARD"
where SDCARD is any name of the sd card
4. After that you need to mount sd card, create directory "android" on sd card and extract files from the android.rar into the "android" directory.

About this firmware update 3245: I don't like this firmware because now I can't get list of application pressing hardware button "Home" for a couple of seconds. Am I only one with this problem?

Last edited:

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
I know what you mean about the icons,but if you press home again it should take you back home.
It is just displaying a list of your running programs so you can switch if you want to.

Trig

Mar 5, 2011
Just a quick note, a few apps (sketcher and magicprints) which I couldn't get the menu to appear on 1623 now work on 3245. All round it seems smoother and more usable.

jeffh

Feb 8, 2011
And the original Angry Birds!!! ...................................................................................weeeh!!!!!

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Sounds like the update is goen good. Truth is I loaded my tablet and havnt used it yet :( not enough time in a day.
Glad to here everythings goen good.

Android Tablet Forum App via LG Ally/rooted, Velocity rom

Status
Not open for further replies.