[ROM] Honeycomb v4 eMMC 2nd ed. - Flashable ZIP {02/21/11}

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Finally able to create v2 image on sd card. Turns out my card reader, although appears to be fine, was going bad. Time to boot android 3.0. :)

Sucks about the reader...EXCELLENT about everything else...I figured out a way to use my 8gb card for HC and my 1gb card for normal use, so now I will be able to keep the HC image (until tomorrow when he releases v3 lol...this is a joke, i don't know his time table for anything)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
First impressions, quick, fast and pretty smooth. Some of the programs transition are faster than my 2.1 at 1.1G. I really like the interface, nicely spaced for us tabs.

newellj79

Jan 4, 2011
This is not a version people should use for everyday day use right?

sent from my rooted nook color

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
This is not a version people should use for everyday day use right?

sent from my rooted nook color

Definitely not ready for primetime. It is just fun to play with and gives a great glimpse of our future

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
i'm counting the days till it's a packaged rom with kernel built in and it's a simple flash away... (i am thinking within the month...)

alexadroog

Feb 2, 2011
ok so this is just to kinda demo Honeycomb on NC it seems. I'm looking for something to flash my NC until honeycomb is primetme, what would be best to use until until Honeycomb is ready? I found auto-nooter but not sure what all it is. froyo? gingerbread? Is there a ""quality standard" combination [rom+kernel..ect] that most of you guys use? I have only had experience with rooting my G1 and that was a while back.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
ok so this is just to kinda demo Honeycomb on NC it seems. I'm looking for something to flash my NC until honeycomb is primetme, what would be best to use until until Honeycomb is ready? I found auto-nooter but not sure what all it is. froyo? gingerbread? Is there a ""quality standard" combination [rom+kernel..ect] that most of you guys use? I have only had experience with rooting my G1 and that was a while back.

Most of us here are running a autorooted (some didn't autoroot, but accomplished the same effect) version 1.0.1 or 1.1. There is no hardbaked Froyo or Gingerbread yet either...

What is the current version of your NC?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011

My only rooting experience was with my G1 as well (CM6.1) and I have found that the NC is a LOT easier to get into. I am running the auto-nooter with customer kernel allowing me to overclock to 1.1ghz. Just follow the auto-nooter directions over at nookDevs, and then setup Clockwork for backup/recovery & ROM installation here, and finally you can toss in the kernel with these directions (specifically post #13's kernel file here). So far, it's flawless for me while I wait to make jump straight to Honeycomb. :)

alexadroog

Feb 2, 2011
My only rooting experience was with my G1 as well (CM6.1) and I have found that the NC is a LOT easier to get into. I am running the auto-nooter with customer kernel allowing me to overclock to 1.1ghz. Just follow the auto-nooter directions over at nookDevs, and then setup Clockwork for backup/recovery & ROM installation here, and finally you can toss in the kernel with these directions (specifically post #13's kernel file here). So far, it's flawless for me while I wait to make jump straight to Honeycomb. :)

Great! :) Thanks for the help.

Most of us here are running a autorooted (some didn't autoroot, but accomplished the same effect) version 1.0.1 or 1.1. There is no hardbaked Froyo or Gingerbread yet either...

What is the current version of your NC?

version 1.1.0

Last edited:

seankalub

Dec 31, 2010
Just installed Honeycomb. Google market did not appear. Anyone know how to install? Also is Honeycomb only running off my SD card, can I remove and still run it? Lost all my apks so not sure about the above post.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
version 1.1.0

From your previous post, I gather that is stock 1.1.0 since you asked about autonooter.

If you want to move away from stock, you have two choices...reset back to default 1.0.0 and follow the path to autonooter 1.0.1 OR wait for an autonooter to come out for 1.1.0