[Rom][Howto] VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 . . The most popular Rom for gTablet

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Interesting. I understand the the Ginger edition is 1.2, while the non-Ginger is 1.1 (ROM - Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies). It seems as though they are both listed on the same download page. My apologies if I've got it wrong...but which version did you download?

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Yep, looks good. I figured it wasn't that simple. I guess we should back up then...did you flash 4349, or did your gTab come with it already installed?

-Matt

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Matt,
You asked, " did you flash 4349 " yes I did. By the way, when I went to the page via the link you enclosed in your message : ROM - Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies I did see the two different editions..when I clicked on the link I downloaded : VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition , the download is in fact labeled the 'Harmony' edition. On your link..since I have the 1.2 bootloader would this one be the correct one for my gTab : VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1(GB2.3.3, stable build):
VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed-pershoot-bl1.2.zip ?
David

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Dave, you're absolutely correct. I double-checked "dummies" and there's TWO GINGER editions. How confusing. David did indeed install the 1.1 bootloader version.

Thanks for providing the correct link for the 1.2 version!

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Matt,
You asked, " did you flash 4349 " yes I did. By the way, when I went to the page via the link you enclosed in your message : ROM - Viewsonic GTablet For Dummies I did see the two different editions..when I clicked on the link I downloaded : VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition , the download is in fact labeled the 'Harmony' edition. On your link..since I have the 1.2 bootloader would this one be the correct one for my gTab : VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1(GB2.3.3, stable build):
VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed-pershoot-bl1.2.zip ?
David
David, given you want to stay on the 1.2 bootloader you can head over to the xda link and grab that version of VEGAn. Probably best to start there!

-Matt

Davy49

Aug 13, 2011
Dave,
Once upon a time I indeed was on the 'Beasty' ROM, until I flashed it back to the 'stock 4349 TapNTap.
David

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
David, as I recall "Harmony" is the Android device name for the gTab, so no worries there. The link you posted above with pershoot's kernel should work on the 1.2 bootloader, as should the ROM with clemsyn's kernel. Give either a try!

(By the way, if you're already on 4349 I say think about trying Flashback too. :) )

-Matt

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Flashback (latest version is 7.2) is one of the Honeycomb ROMs. If you browse the list of threads in this subforum, I think Dave has posted a video or two!

-Matt

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Flashback (latest version is 7.2) is one of the Honeycomb ROMs. If you browse the list of threads in this subforum, I think Dave has posted a video or two!

-Matt

Try all the others first. If you try flashback first you won't try anything else. Matt, you are getting aggressive with Flashback, ease up bro. I'm sure everyone will get there soon enough. Lol.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk