[ROM]Huawei Ideos S7 official firmware (2.2.2)

cdsaustria

May 16, 2011
the norwegian, sweden and indonesian firmware dont serve the cam and light-sensor, temperature and compass
so the brazilian one is much better than the indonesian for the S7-101

With the brazilian one the single frontcamera and light-sensor works... (the second one slow but better than not working)
gsm (wrote in the standby-screen "simcard invalid" an need much time to register but works clean), 3g, wifi, gps (need long time for first sat-fix), bluetooth, gyro, ... make no problems....
the two sensors who doesnt work are temperature and compass / magnetfield... (i dont remind if they work in 2.1)

768mhz are enough... thats a smartphone/tablet-mixture... not a server or gaming-pc ;)

Last edited:

fredobyone

May 13, 2011
there are new firmwares for Ideos S7 on Huawei website.

i didn't download the files to see build prop, but from firmware numbering, i assume these are froyo firmware.
some of them are android 2.2.2 and some are 2.2.1
if someone downloaded and found these are eclair firmware, i will move the link to eclair firmware thread.

S7V100R001C57B113(Norway Telenor)

S7V100R001C68B111(Brazil Commex)

S7V100R001C63B110(Sweden Expert)

Hi can you tell me what i can do to french S7 ?

Snake eater

Apr 10, 2011
Does anyone know when to or if a official update will come from huawei for the USA s7 who don't want to have risk brick ing their unit

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Does anyone know when to or if a official update will come from huawei for the USA s7 who don't want to have risk brick ing their unit

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

I have a feeling we might not get one. My guess is that the 2.2 we are getting is just the OS from the S7 slim. The US' Slim doesn't have a SIM card so it has different hardware.

Guesses aside, the indo 2.2.2 works fine on the Best Buy S7. The only thing I had to do was root it and make a change to build.prop in order to get the android market to think I was in the US.

I am about to flash Brazil on it soon (since posters say that Netflix runs on Brazil).

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I have a feeling we might not get one. My guess is that the 2.2 we are getting is just the OS from the S7 slim. The US' Slim doesn't have a SIM card so it has different hardware.

Guesses aside, the indo 2.2.2 works fine on the Best Buy S7. The only thing I had to do was root it and make a change to build.prop in order to get the android market to think I was in the US.

I am about to flash Brazil on it soon (since posters say that Netflix runs on Brazil).
The S7 Slim version of 2.2.2 (I'm using the South African release) includes radio image and so no problem on US Best Buy 104.
It works really well!!!!