[ROM]Huawei Ideos S7 official firmware (2.2.2)

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
Netflix works on my Brazilian BB S7 - also Hulu, using the tips I found in another thread (requires Dolphin browser & a patched Flash install).

nelsonekos

Jun 16, 2011
Sorry for asking in so many places, i really want a build.prop for the Nigeria firmware. Thanks

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

rob1n

Jun 29, 2011
Help a NOOB ?

I have an Australian Telstra T-Tab Touch (which is a Huawei S7) running Android 2.1.

Q.1. Is this the same thing as the "Huawei *Ideos* S7"?

I'd like to get rid of the bloatware, and not have the "Telstra" splash screens on startup. I'd also like to increase battery life. And I'd like to get Android 2.2.x, as promised on the Huawei site.

Q.2. Does the language matter, as I need the interface to be in English, not Portuguese or Norwegian, etc.? From the comments, it *seems* like other English-speaking users have successfully installed these versions, but I want to be sure the language is not going to be an issue.

TIA!

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
how about update for S7V100R001C28B010 please please

there is no more update files yet on Huawei server.

usually they push a lot of files on friday, so i scan it on week end.

Help a NOOB ?

I have an Australian Telstra T-Tab Touch (which is a Huawei S7) running Android 2.1.

Q.1. Is this the same thing as the "Huawei *Ideos* S7"?

I'd like to get rid of the bloatware, and not have the "Telstra" splash screens on startup. I'd also like to increase battery life. And I'd like to get Android 2.2.x, as promised on the Huawei site.

Q.2. Does the language matter, as I need the interface to be in English, not Portuguese or Norwegian, etc.? From the comments, it *seems* like other English-speaking users have successfully installed these versions, but I want to be sure the language is not going to be an issue.

TIA!

1. yes it is for Huawei Ideos S7.

2. some of them default language is not english but you can change to english.

chrisk

Jul 6, 2011
I'm new to Android and I'd like to update my S7 to 2.2 in order to watch netflix etc. I also want to make sure I have access to the Android Market.

I bought it from Bestbuy. I'm not sure what ROM to flash it to. Do I have to do it via SD card or can use micro USB?

I've flashed cell phones in the past so I'm not 100% un-savvy at this. I just don't want to risk bricking my unit.

Here is what the About Tablet section says:

Model number: Ideos S7
Firmware: 2.1-update 1
Baseband: 6285
Kernal version: 2.6.29-S7
Build number: S7V100R001C28B010

Thanks for your help.

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
Hey,
now i have the S7-101 and in this thread ive read the brasilian rom work on this model. is that right? And can i falsh back to stock 2.1? where can i find the stock for 101 model?
thanks for anwsers

BG

john339

Mar 10, 2011
NevadaDave You said "Netflix works on my Brazilian BB S7 - also Hulu, using the tips I found in another thread (requires Dolphin browser & a patched Flash install)."
Will you please share where the other thread is? I have the Brazilian 2.2.1 and the Dolphin browser but do not have a patched Flash installed.
Also does the tablet have to be rooted in order for Netflix to work?
Thanks for the help.

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
Ok i flashed the Brasil rom on my s7-101. it works fine and ive install adobe flash player from market and all sites plays flash vid (very nice).
Is there a fix with the unknow provider on the lockscreen aviable?
bg

retrocolector

Jul 11, 2011
I have installed the brazilian ROM, everything works fine... but I CANT MAKE PHONE CALLS... LOL

Mine is the 101 S7 version.

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
On Brasil works GPS with S7-101 but Brasil is slow and not smooth sometimes. I have now the Indo Rom with Cam Fix and SuperOneClick root. Now must i say, all is Faster and more smooth, better Gps (more Sat fixes and coldstart in 2-3min.)

kingcj

Jul 30, 2011
could you tell me where i can find the Indo Rom with Cam Fix and SuperOneClick root for s7 101?thanks!