[ROM] Huawei Ideos S7 Slim Official Firmware

bmwm5

Apr 25, 2011
I purchased the S7-201w from Best Buy and tried to flash it with this ROM but in the middle of the upgrade it restarts and just keeps upgrading.
It looks like its working until it gets to the middle of the upgrade process then it just resets and starts the upgrade process again.

Now the unit won't load so I need to find a way to flash it without restarting in a loop. Any Android Gurus have some insight on my issue?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I purchased the S7-201w from Best Buy and tried to flash it with this ROM but in the middle of the upgrade it restarts and just keeps upgrading.
It looks like its working until it gets to the middle of the upgrade process then it just resets and starts the upgrade process again.

Now the unit won't load so I need to find a way to flash it without restarting in a loop. Any Android Gurus have some insight on my issue?

sorry to hear that. i can not verify the file because i don't have the slim.

i am downloading the file (just curious what is inside this huge 243MB file), but my download stop at 99% and waiting to resume.

you need a ROM, try to download again the file. if it does the same, i don't know if ideos s7 froyo ROM will work on S7 slim, need expert opinions.

EDIT: finish my download but i have corrupted file. are you sure you have completed download?

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011

Just curious but isn't this the Rom the BB S7 ships with?

bmwm5

Apr 25, 2011
Just curious but isn't this the Rom the BB S7 ships with?

No it's not - the one that Best Buy ships with was different (that's why I flashed it, I had problems logging into GMAIL Account and Market and noticed the version of the Build was S7-201u, the device is the S7-201w)

bmwm5

Apr 25, 2011
My download has finished and I extracted the dload folder with the UPDATA.APP and the unlmt.cfg files inside.
I am thinking it might have to do with the unlmt.cfg file?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i tried download again for 2nd time, and tried to flash to flash to my old S7, (it should be fit because they have the same ROM size), but it FAILED at 40% progress bar with green/red light blinking fast.

it could be DEFECTED UPDATA.APP

@bmwm5
sorry for that.
but you need a ROM now. i don't know if S7 froyo will work on S7 slim.

Last edited:

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
This file has the once.cfg file not unlmt.cfg so if you did the update with once.cfg it will be forever.
My sugestion is to format your card and unzip again the downloaded file and make sure to put the unlmt.cfg file not once.cfg then let the update to be flashed more time.

bmwm5

Apr 25, 2011
Thanks everyone for trying to help.
I re-downloaded the file, formatted the SD Card and it still fails at about 40% and resets (Just like tri_zet's experience)

goodoane: I also tried the unlmt.cfg file directly from the zip package - still same issue.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Thanks everyone for trying to help.
I re-downloaded the file, formatted the SD Card and it still fails at about 40% and resets (Just like tri_zet's experience)

goodoane: I also tried the unlmt.cfg file directly from the zip package - still same issue.

in dload folder there is "once.cfg" file, rename it to "unlmt.cfg". it is empty file, i think just rename it is enough.

check your dload folder in sd card (after failed flashing), open file upg.log
my log says:
no module exists dispatching data: exceeding max retry dload_sd-dload_dispatch failed!

if you have same log, it could be from UPDATA.APP

robdroid

May 4, 2011
I had problems logging into GMAIL Account and Market
Yeah same exact problem here- can't log into Google Market and Gmail account.

Needs FW update ASAP - or back it goes to BB!

Overall nice tablet, GPS works, wireless ok, no problem with Youtube flash, both cameras good, internal speakers good enough, gotta get Market and Gmail working though!

When I try from the settings menu/"accounts & sync" I get "NO Network! Internet services not avilable- please check your internet connection"- meanwhile I'm able to browse any site I like, and watch Youtube video- but Gmail and Market say "no internet connection"?

Zeve

May 4, 2011
what about the web version of the android market? Can it be accessed as a temporary loophole? Can you install non-market apps?

robdroid

May 4, 2011
what about the web version of the android market? Can it be accessed as a temporary loophole? Can you install non-market apps?
Manually navigate to the the Google Market webpage and sign in through web browser (signed in OK- recognizes me) choose app to install, try to install app- dialog box asks "install to another device" and shows my rooted Nook Color. No option to install to S7 from Google Market via the web version of the android market.

Apps from SD card install OK to S7 Slim.
Apps from Amazon Market install OK to S7 Slim.

Gmail login fails- "Can't establish reliable data connection to the server- this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If this continues, call customer care"

Google Market fails- "Can't establish reliable data connection to the server- this could be a temporary problem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services. If this continues, call customer care"