[ROM] Imito iM7 Market Restore/Firmware Update

vertago1

Feb 6, 2011
your backup images seem to be broken... no data in boot.img/recovery.img and no oob data in system.img.
can you make backup by clockworkmod recovery?

I can verify this.

I have a friend who I am helping a friend try to un-brick their im7 2.1. They did a back up according the instructions using cat. There is probably some kind of protection or a problem with cat because their backup is all 0xFF just like the one posted by MICHA3LALL3N.

Unfortunately the 1.2 ROMs don't boot so until we can find a working set of ROMs the 2.1 tablet.

abpp

Feb 9, 2011
I just got a Telechips TCC8902 and I connect it to my PC via USB and make sure USB Debugging is ON and still when I do Privacy -> Factory Reset - Reset the thing just powers off (not factory reset)! What is wrong??

The Factory reset is under settings/privacy and on mine I can do it and I get one download from the market then it just hangs on the next try.

aztimmay

Mar 26, 2011
seems as though if I use the imito boot and recovery images with any of these system images, I can get it up and running, but none of them will let me put in my account info! This is getting frustrating. When I first bought this thing I could at least do that and download market apps, but now it's useless...

zdaddy3609

Jul 29, 2011
For those of you having trouble with your firmware updates you need to root your imito tablet first i suggest using z4root i did this with mine I actually have the imito im7s and it worked great for it. im sure it would work for you too i am posting the link for the download of the .apk file Download z4root 1.3.0 for Android Free - z4root will root your device and enable you to supply system level access to applications that request it. - Softpedia hope this works for you guys let me know. Also if you guys find any custom roms that work for the imito im7 let me know too i just flahed my htc desire to cyanogenmod7.0.3bravoc so anything like that would be awsome just let me know if you tested it or not. dont want to brick my stuff lol

zdaddy3609

Jul 29, 2011
if you installed a diffrent firmware you also need to reinstall google apps back onto your device this goes for any rom flashing you do i dont know exactly were to get one for imito im7 but im sure you can google it. also to install the googles app pack you have to do it the same way you flashed your rom buy booting into recovery and selecting choose .zip from sdcard then selecting the google app zip file and selecting it then when its done installing you select reboot system and you should be good that should allow you to get your google account and back onto the market.

sonygoup

Aug 27, 2011
Hi guys any word on fully working 2.2 or 2.3 update for the iMito iM7s because Lightake has what they clame to be the 2.3 version of it

sonygoup

Aug 27, 2011
Hi guys i got this from a salesman that sell this tablet its relfashing instruction for it with Android 2.3 enjoy...:D
Reflash instruction for iMito (A391). « Wholesale Electronics Help Center

DaveS

Aug 25, 2011
I think that it is Android 2.1 version, just look in build.prop
Still need firmware with Android 2.3 from Dawa D7 or iMito

DaveS

Aug 25, 2011
I can't get firmware update to Android 2.3 for iMito from lightake. Maybe someone else, who bought device from lightake ask for this firmware update?

mmd

Oct 16, 2011
Hi guys i got this from a salesman that sell this tablet its relfashing instruction for it with Android 2.3 enjoy...:D
Reflash instruction for iMito (A391). « Wholesale Electronics Help Center

After downloading the link above and followed the instruction, all i got is blank screen:mad: (enjoy???... grrrrr) though i can still detect it when plug to usb. PLEASE HELP!!! - step by step instruction please :) noob.

DaveS

Aug 25, 2011
Well done!
After a lot of time I spent to search firmware update for iMito I've got it!
ANDROID 2.3.3
Yesterday I found instruction on this blog (unavailable) (at that time there was no English), then I tried out firmware from this link (after this I bricked my device).
Then I joined group QQ 144638829 where guys from iMito gave me right firmware!
Special thanks to "lelel akrio" and "bill"!
There are several versions of iMito IM7 devices: Single touch (ST), Dual Touch (DT) , UOD and UOE (I don't know what it means)
I have 2 ver. of single touch firmwares: iMito+iM7+-ST-ROM-2.3.3_UOD.zip (this one was unbricked my device) and iMito+iM7+-ST-ROM-2.3.3_UOE.zip
Dual touch firmware UOE iMitoiM7-2.3-DT-UOE-2011.6.8.rar
This all firmwares are for 2Gb of internal memory.
If this firmware brick your device ask guys from QQ group 144638829 for another one.
They sad that I was first foreigner who asked firmware.

Important things:

This firmware will work on iMito IM7 devices!
The same looking devices may not be an iMito IM7
There is no guarantee that this firmware will work on other devices!
ROLLING BACK to the original firmware (Android 2.1) LIKELY TO BE IMPOSSIBLE!

At the first start after flashing wait for CALIBRATION SCREEN! Don't press anything until it will start!

Tweaks:

AC3 sound in movies for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel

slow-work.ko and cifs.ko (from MalaRom for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel) to mount SAMBA shares for CifsManager

LOOKING FOR nls_utf8.ko for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel!!!

ENJOY!

Last edited: