[ROM] Imito iM7 Market Restore/Firmware Update

cbrbeats

Feb 13, 2012
NAh..., problem withh touchscreen, it calibrates but when typing it's a nightmare i press "a" it types "s", i press backspace it types "M" or "l". calibrated it several times still the same problem. It's very sad because when i installed vod version i got very much more responcive TS than it was before. Any ideas DaveS?

DaveS

Aug 25, 2011
NAh..., problem withh touchscreen, it calibrates but when typing it's a nightmare i press "a" it types "s", i press backspace it types "M" or "l". calibrated it several times still the same problem. It's very sad because when i installed vod version i got very much more responcive TS than it was before. Any ideas DaveS?
Try to calibrate screen with stylus. Maybe this help you to resolve problem.
I think that there is not so good touch screen (I have Single Touch one) in this device.

I UPDATED MY POST WITH FIRMWARES!

slow-work.ko and cifs.ko (from MalaRom for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel) to mount SAMBA shares for CifsManager

Last edited:

cbrbeats

Feb 13, 2012
Tried that and still one half of my screen is calibrated but the other half is not, it has very strange behaviour. Anyway yet another problem :( , i flashed my imito with this firmware "firmware-for-X10-super-sku10427.rar" that i found here Firmware for android 2.1 X10 super sku10427, and now my device won't turn on :) (Guess i realy did it this time). When i press and hold the pwr btn, it does absolutely nothing! When i connect it to my pc, Nothing! But here is the strange part: When its connected to pc and i hold pwr btn for 10 secs approx it connects to pc as mass storage device, and if i let go of pwr btn it dissconnects! I tried holding the pwr even longer and after 15-20 secs pc recognizes it as android phone but still if i let go of pwr it dissconnects. Is there any way i could try to revive this thing or should i just give it up?!? Dave pls help :)
p.s. Iwanted to flash my device to an earlier and sys because when i had dawa installed my TS worked with no errors but it was slow responce and a lot of problems with apps with dawa firm. So to sum it up IS THERE ANY HOPE 4 MY IMITO?

Last edited:

DaveS

Aug 25, 2011
IS THERE ANY HOPE 4 MY IMITO?
Yeah! Several days ago I tried to unbrick my "imito like" (inside) device OPAD M88. It didn't react to any action with it after I flashed wrong lk.rom and doing other things.... :)

First open FWDN and load lk.rom in it
Second open device, find samsung k9gag08uom there
Third insert mini USB cable, circuit with needle 30 and 31 feets on k9gag08uom and press power button
FWDN will react like UBS boot loading - at this time you may take off needle, but power button must be pressed until FWDN will show init device.

Now you may press out power button and load firmware in standard mode.

Sorry for my English! :)

THE TROUBLE - I CAN'T FIND LK.ROM FOR MY DEVICE OPAD M88! :(
IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME - YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!! ;)
I ONLY HAVE : nand data.fai , boot.img, recovery.img from it and system.img from Dawa D7, iMito im7 with Android 2.1
SEARCHING FOR LK.ROM file!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Neon_ri

Mar 6, 2012
My digitizer broke :( :/ and I can't find a store that sales it :(
Does anyone knowes one plz....

bah

Mar 7, 2012
Well done!
After a lot of time I spent to search firmware update for iMito I've got it!
ANDROID 2.3.3
Yesterday I found instruction on this blog (unavailable) (at that time there was no English), then I tried out firmware from this link (after this I bricked my device).
Then I joined group QQ 144638829 where guys from iMito gave me right firmware!
Special thanks to "lelel akrio" and "bill"!
There are several versions of iMito IM7 devices: Single touch (ST), Dual Touch (DT) , UOD and UOE (I don't know what it means)
I have 2 ver. of single touch firmwares: iMito+iM7+-ST-ROM-2.3.3_UOD.zip (this one was unbricked my device) and iMito+iM7+-ST-ROM-2.3.3_UOE.zip
Dual touch firmware UOE iMitoiM7-2.3-DT-UOE-2011.6.8.rar
This all firmwares are for 2Gb of internal memory.
If this firmware brick your device ask guys from QQ group 144638829 for another one.
They sad that I was first foreigner who asked firmware.

Important things:

This firmware will work on iMito IM7 devices!
The same looking devices may not be an iMito IM7
There is no guarantee that this firmware will work on other devices!
ROLLING BACK to the original firmware (Android 2.1) LIKELY TO BE IMPOSSIBLE!

At the first start after flashing wait for CALIBRATION SCREEN! Don't press anything until it will start!

Tweaks:

AC3 sound in movies for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel

slow-work.ko and cifs.ko (from MalaRom for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel) to mount SAMBA shares for CifsManager

LOOKING FOR nls_utf8.ko for telechips 8902 2.6.35.7 kernel!!!

ENJOY!

DaveS,
Your instructions look good, but the links are dead. Anybody have the downloads for the imito IM7? I have several of them (6 of them actually), so if someone gets me the firmware I could give them one or two as a thank you.

bah

Mar 7, 2012
DaveS,
Your instructions look good, but the links are dead. Anybody have the downloads for the imito IM7? I have several of them (6 of them actually), so if someone gets me the firmware I could give them one or two as a thank you.

Of what I have some are not labeled, or labeled by hand, but the ones with printed label say: Part No: M7101202MOO Serial No: M071034xxxx E Multi-touch

THRDStooge

Dec 16, 2011
I tried just about every solution in this forum and others with no Luck. Unfortunately I finally bricked my imito7 by flashing the wrong rom. Is there anyway someone can post a working IMG file? Stock or updated. Doesn't make a difference to me. I just don't want to end up throwing this tablet out.

cbrbeats

Feb 13, 2012
Yeah! Several days ago I tried to unbrick my "imito like" (inside) device OPAD M88. It didn't react to any action with it after I flashed wrong lk.rom and doing other things.... :)

First open FWDN and load lk.rom in it
Second open device, find samsung k9gag08uom there
Third insert mini USB cable, circuit with needle 30 and 31 feets on k9gag08uom and press power button
FWDN will react like UBS boot loading - at this time you may take off needle, but power button must be pressed until FWDN will show init device.

Now you may press out power button and load firmware in standard mode.

Sorry for my English! :)

THE TROUBLE - I CAN'T FIND LK.ROM FOR MY DEVICE OPAD M88! :(
IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME - YOU'RE WELCOME!!!!! ;)
I ONLY HAVE : nand data.fai , boot.img, recovery.img from it and system.img from Dawa D7, iMito im7 with Android 2.1
SEARCHING FOR LK.ROM file!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU DAVES!!!
I folowed the procedure you described an after 2 attempts at it i succsessfully revived my imito!!!
Still having problems with scr calibration and also my wifi wont find any networks eve thou i have several wifi spots in my close surroundings(about 5 to 10 meters away), so if there is a newer firmware(or some other that u know of) that is fully compatible (scr calibration possible and wifi usable) let me know! Thanx a lot m8!!! Cheers!

Last edited:

samuelzarief

Feb 3, 2013
Hi, I have imito im7 firmware, as accidentally I plugged a Memory card infected with virus which destroyed the boot process, as now I can't access the desktop also the reset button takes me no where, only a loading screen, also I connected it to the computer and the IPAD partitions shows virtual and no way to um-mount them, as it usually done from the IPAD itself.

Please help!

landjalan

Dec 11, 2013
hi there,

i have smartbook surfer 7(which should be similar to gentouch78 afaik).and i am having lots of trouble with it.
at the beginning android would just load when the tablet was connectet to usb ?!?!?!?!

when unplugged from usb, the tablett stopped with a green symbol in the upper corner.

so i decided to flash it, i used FWDN7 to write one lk.rom(for imoto). after that the tablet completly failed to load anything (just a blank screen).

one time after that i could get FWDN to work and write another lk.rom. but still the tablet does not start (blank screen).

i cannot get FWDN to work again, i have some error (in red) that tell my : "No boot file error" and "open boot error".

i bet someone here can provide me with information if i can fix that or not. thanks a lot in advance

markus