S7 from Globe Telecoms Philippines dual cam dual sdcard

rooted via SOC! but it has issues need to verify and validate full root
Titanium backup is giving errors
edit 1:
***working - updated busybox via problems menu
edit 2:
lcd density changer doesnt work
***working - fixed by updating busybox

again, thanks a lot tri_zet , please send our regards to odienas and all the guys at android-indonesia!

cant thank you enough! here comes the custom roms!!

good to hear it worked on our tablet version... i just received mine back from the service center due to "touch screen issue" since globe only has like 7 days warranty... just finished downloading and will try to update after I backed up my files.... thanks to everyone on this forum...

cruzzmz

Apr 2, 2011
worked fine on my s7-105 except that the wifi drops out occasionally and has to be turned on and off again to work. Everything else works fine. Many thanks to the guys from Indonesia for the rom. Wonder if Malaysia might get an official update? :D oh, btw, i had to flash it twice to make it work.

so urs is s7-105 .... btw u copy the whole folder to the sdcard or just the files inside to the sdcard?

i have asked one of the huawei guy in Malaysia and he said he never heard of any 2.2 update for s7 ....

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Woot this is sweet.... ok so here is what i did on my BB 104 :

1: connected usb and mounted external SDcard via the "I" icon in the top right
2: made a back up folder on my PC , and copied everything from my SDcard to the backup folder
3: used easus partition magic to format my SDcard to default FAT32.......(leave name blank)
4: copied the dload folder to my formated SDcard
5: turned off tablet and turned back on............ progress bar comes up and installs new firmware............OK message comes up and i took the battery out
6: turned on tablet and progress bar comes up again to install firmware.................OK message comes up and i took battery AND my SDcard out
7: turned on tablet and woooooot IDEOS splash screen comes up, then comes up again, then an animated splash screen comes up ..... loads into desktop with the calibration screen ( will also show you the system upgrade is completed)
8: DONT TOUCH ANYTHING....... tablet will say "shutting down" ..... let it shutdown and hit the power button
9: Loaded into desktop with no problems !!!!!! Woot Houston we have 2.2 !!!

went into settings and clicked Display...... changed option for 4 way orientation...... tested by turning tablet 4 times...... each time successfully rotated ! woot

now to mess with the other settings and restore my Titanium backup

THANK YOU ALL involved in getting this to us, we have patiently waited for our upgrade. Please relay our big thanks to the originator of the download. Great work all !!!

oishiboy

Mar 8, 2011
successfully flashed my s7 and WOW! my s7 seems to be running faster than when it was on 2.1...

i have:
s7-105 from globe telecom philippines
capacitive - multi-touch screen
dual cam
internal/external memory

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for this, everything appears to be working fine on my tablet so far. Just letting it charge now.

~ivy

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
I flashed mine last night and it's been running perfectly since then. Absolutely no complaints. Lets see if there's is an improved battery performance.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
S7-105 Telstra S7V100R001C13B021 now IDEOS S7, BB 504030, Kernel 2.6.32.9-ideos Build S7V100R001C98B021.
GPS - OK
Cameras - OK
Root - OK
Titanium restore - OK
Others - ?

One thing I have noticed is that multi-touch(pinch to zoom) doesn't appear to have been implemented?

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
try:
your-path-to-adb\adb devices

see if your devices listed, then try again SOC.
if your devices not listed, probably you dont have adb driver installed correctly.

or you may try :
adb kill-server
adb start-server
then repeat SOC
I'd try then all if I knew what they were!!!!!!!!!!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I may be a noob in many respects, but I have a bit of experience with SOC. Here is what has worked for me numerous times:

You definitely need the USB drivers from Huawei installed (see below) before you start using SOC.

If you have already hooked your device to your Windows computer, you may want to connect via USB, then go the Device Manager and find any instances of "Ideos Tablet" or similar and uninstall those (they will most likely be displayed with a problem icon/not working properly).

Then, disconnect the USB cable from the tablet, wait a few seconds and reconnect. You will likely get a message stating that some drivers installed properly, but some didn't.

Go back to the Device Manager, find the ones that didn't (most likely "Ideos Tablet" or similar), right click and update the drivers - select the directory on your computer where you unzipped the Huawei USB Drivers.

Then go ahead with the SOC process - make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on your tablet from the Applications/Development menus, and run SOC as an administrator (right click the SOC application file and select run as administrator). Also, some firewalls may get in the way - be sure to allow access to anything that looks related to this process.

You may have to run the SOC process 2-3 times for it to fully work. A quick way of checking to see if things are looking good is to look in the app drawers for Superuser. You must reboot the tablet for root privileges to activate fully.

Well what do I know?
New ROM
Seen as new device
Removal of old and fresh driver install!
I should have been able to work that out but thank goodness for the forum and
THANK YOU MOCHAS for the little tutorial which should be a STICKY!!

tuffigirl

Dec 17, 2010
It's working perfectly on my S7-104..... SO worth the wait !!! I'm glad I didn't break down and sell it... I was really considering it. :) I love the new camera settings... I may actually use the thing now! (the camera I mean LOL) It seems to run much faster now too. I am a very happy girl this morning!

5105c32c-1.jpg

Last edited:

fdeutsch

Jan 1, 2011
Everything worked fine on the Best Buy S7 too. The only thing I see is not fixed are the accelerometer axis, still wacked.

kensikora

Apr 7, 2011
Try with the huawei update tool... I used it and it worked just fine.

Check your dload folder inside you should have just 2 file unlmt.cfg and updata.app.
Original archive has upg.log that need to be deleted.

I have no idea what the Huawei update tool is.

And I deleted the upg.log file, no luck. I then backed up and reformatted the SD card (fat32), put the updata.app and unlmt.cfg file on it, and am still getting nowhere. Every reboot is just a normal reboot.

Anything else I might be missing?