[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

Icara

Apr 21, 2011
Did the upgrade this morning on a s7 105 in the Netherlands Everything is working fine.:) So Dutch users don't have to be afraid...
Thxs 2 all the guys wo made this happen.... My first impression is 'perfect'

tuffigirl

Dec 17, 2010
I would just like to say a huge THANK YOU again !!! My S7 is not only much faster but it takes a SIM card (that uses AT&T towers) it wouldn't take before and my data speeds are blazing !! Instead of that nasty little E (for Edge obviously) on the top bar it now sports a happy little H. :) I'm using my laptop right now tethered to my tablet and the speed is better than my usual WiMax !! Just 2 days ago I was chomping at the bit to get my hands on the S7 Slim but no more.... in the 15 minutes it took me to upgrade and root I got everything I need. Cheers!

jjnagy

Dec 2, 2010
I had the same problem with wifi tethering with my Droid X, it made it real annoying when I was listen to say Pandora or Slacker Radio in my truck with the S7 and it would drop the wifi. Well I switched to Barnacle Wifi Tether and I had to replace the Wpa Supplicant file in system/bin to see ad-hoc networks and it doesnt dropped at all and its actually stronger than before and it still connects to my home wifi too

Are you using wifi tethering with the updated 2.2? If so, where did you get the Wpa Supplicant file that works for ADhoc networks?

Thanks,
Jeff

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
I upgraded 2.1 to 2.2 on a Telstra T-Touch and all seems to work apart from the email program which stops without being able to fetch mail from the Internet provider.
It says "The email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Try again"

I upgraded 3 times, once with another download but the problem persists.
Gmail works as does retrieving the same mail over the web.

Google suggests it is a common Android problem solved by clearing the email data cache, but that does not work for me.
One user suggested clearing all mail from all machines, particularly Australian mail, as the solution.
Being an Australian makes that a tall order.

PS Can you unlock this tablet and what does "rooting" do for you?

I bought the tablet cheap in BigW 2 daqys ago as a customer return not knowing it was completely locked to the previous customer and he had pilfered the sd card and usb cable.
I have ordered a micro usb cable hoping that will fit.
Google research suggested it was a "Dog" but I disagree.
I find it a bit chunky but considering it is Chinese home grown gear it runs really well especially with this new firmware.

I'm not having problems with the POP account(either 2.1 or 2.2). Your error looks more like a device issue rather than an email account issue(but not well enough versed in android OS).
I take that your WiFI router isn't blocking the port?
The Telstra device is prepaid so I think that it's carrier locked for a year or you have to pay for the network unlock code.
Rooting the device gives you system access, so removing the carrier apps, running apps that require system level access nothing to do with the network lock.
any micro usb cable should be OK, I don't recall whether or not mine had one in the box or not to begin with?
I would probably have described it as solid rather than chunky as the dimensions aren't disimilar to other 7" devices but it is quite heavy in comparison.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
OK, now that the initial flush of success has faded a bit...
I thought it might help to add some comments about my install experience, to add to the behavioral database.
I have a Best Buy unit, and when I started the S7 up after installing the SD card with the update folder, it just booted up totally normally. Hmmmm... checksum was good... Finally, I decided to remove the battery and charger cable, and try again. This time, I got the progress bar once I had re-installed the battery & charger, and re-started the S7. I was waiting for the "OK" as the progress bar reached the end, but then the screen blanked momentarily, and the progress bar appeared again. I waited more anxious minutes, then got the "OK" indication. I pulled out the battery & charger, re-installed, started up again, got the progress bar, then the beautiful "IDEOS" screen.
So, I think that we need to make clear that the all sources of power must be removed before the initial boot with the SD update card.
At this point, I have it rooted with SOC, I re-installed Titanium & restored my apps, and it's working very well. I had an odd situation last night where the menu button would not work in the home screen until I had started Titanium, but that seems to have fixed itself this morning. I installed the Flash 10.1 apk, and have had some good success with some sites, but Netflix and Hulu are still no-go. I have Playon, and that does seem to work OK, but it requires a desktop running the Playon software, so it's not the ideal solution.
Please Hulu and Netflix - figure out a way to give us a native Android app!

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
OK, now that the initial flush of success has faded a bit...
I thought it might help to add some comments about my install experience, to add to the behavioral database.
I have a Best Buy unit, and when I started the S7 up after installing the SD card with the update folder, it just booted up totally normally. Hmmmm... checksum was good... Finally, I decided to remove the battery and charger cable, and try again. This time, I got the progress bar once I had re-installed the battery & charger, and re-started the S7. I was waiting for the "OK" as the progress bar reached the end, but then the screen blanked momentarily, and the progress bar appeared again. I waited more anxious minutes, then got the "OK" indication. I pulled out the battery & charger, re-installed, started up again, got the progress bar, then the beautiful "IDEOS" screen.
So, I think that we need to make clear that the all sources of power must be removed before the initial boot with the SD update card.
At this point, I have it rooted with SOC, I re-installed Titanium & restored my apps, and it's working very well. I had an odd situation last night where the menu button would not work in the home screen until I had started Titanium, but that seems to have fixed itself this morning. I installed the Flash 10.1 apk, and have had some good success with some sites, but Netflix and Hulu are still no-go. I have Playon, and that does seem to work OK, but it requires a desktop running the Playon software, so it's not the ideal solution.
Please Hulu and Netflix - figure out a way to give us a native Android app!

Hulu has Android blocked for some strange reason, there use to be a hack that was done on my Droid X, but they patched that as well, I am not sure what their issue is. Netfilx is working on getting this up and going, there was a leaked copy of a apk a few weeks ago that some people had working and then Netflix turned off something on their end to kill it. I tried it on my Droid X when it was working and could not get pass the log in screen. Last night I thought what the heck and tried it on my S7, and I was able to log in, see the movie titles, hit play and then it would say then it would error out, something like the server to play this was not avaliable. I am sure once the apk for netflix comes out we will be able to get it ported over.

angelsgroup

Jan 12, 2011
Why I can't execute .sh files under RootExplorer on 2.2? Later, on 2.1 RootExplorer run all scripts. WTF?
For example in 2.1 we make a2sd (install-recovery), but now 2.2 can't autorun .sh form system/etc......

Apr 18, 2011
I have a SIM card from centennial wireless (a regional carrier bought out by ATT) with unlimited data. Like I said...A-GPS isn't working (unless it's now automated and you can't access it as a user), EDGE data is spotty and won't keep a connection (it's the OS not the network...I could stream pandora on the previous firmware...can't on 2.2), won't root with SOC (either method), GPS takes at least 10 minutes to get going without A-GPS, and the bluetooth/wifi will randomly re-enable after being disabled. I'm going to try and re-flash and format both the internal and external SD cards. Hopefully it will fix the problems. Here's hoping.

**UPDATE**

Rolled back to 2.1 Singapore. EDGE data connection problems compounded by missing apps in app market (AIM messenger!), GPS issues (no a-gps), and haven't been able to root even with SOC. However I hope that soon when they release the 2.2 upgrade for the BB models that these issues will be fixed. Meanwhile I'll be chilling on 2.1 ROM's.

A side note: SMS also seems buggy for me. Not sure why.

bustabob454

Apr 19, 2011
Are you using wifi tethering with the updated 2.2? If so, where did you get the Wpa Supplicant file that works for ADhoc networks?

Thanks,
Jeff
Im talking about my droid x tethering to the s7, it was dropping the wifi tether under the normal wifi tethering (I guess its a problem with the Droid X or Android Motorla PHones for that matter) so I switched to barnacle tether to use ad hoc instead... if you look at post #53 thats the one I used even though its for a samsung phone it works perfect for the s7 I havent had any problems and it still connects to my home wifi network fine.....
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2290-huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips-6.html

Last edited:

madbob00

Dec 10, 2010
This is sweet,so far everythng works, boots perfectly, automatically added att server.thank you for all your hard work.

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
Power button - Short press wants to shut down the device & after a shutdown device automatically reboots. On battery removal & reinstallation device automatically reboots.
Don't know it this is a hardware or software issue but I have only noticed it since the 2.2.2 upgrade(normally I let the device hibernate). Just thought that if anyone else has experienced this issue they maybe able to assist in a resolution.

kevcol

Apr 20, 2011
I'm not having problems with the POP account(either 2.1 or 2.2). Your error looks more like a device issue rather than an email account issue(but not well enough versed in android OS).
I take that your WiFI router isn't blocking the port?
The Telstra device is prepaid so I think that it's carrier locked for a year or you have to pay for the network unlock code.
Rooting the device gives you system access, so removing the carrier apps, running apps that require system level access nothing to do with the network lock.
any micro usb cable should be OK, I don't recall whether or not mine had one in the box or not to begin with?
I would probably have described it as solid rather than chunky as the dimensions aren't disimilar to other 7" devices but it is quite heavy in comparison.

Thanks for the response.
No modem blockages as was working fine with 2.1.
I think it is IMAP connections on many devices that cause this Android fault that annoys a lot as it can arise from nowhere and does not have a simple solution. (It is a programming bug and anyone can get it)

I think I used to use POP so maybe I could change things around but you need plenty of enthusiasm to repeatedly input all the mumbo jumbo. I could get suggestions from the Provider (Iinet) but it is rare to get someone who knows anything.

It is more efficient to just click on an icon to get mail rather than put in passwords.
Other than that, the "Ideos S7" is fine.
Only cost $A100 and I see Dick Smith and Target have them for $199 with extra incentives, as if they are in run-out mode.

Run-out mode for most stuff suits me fine especially when you end up with drawer fulls of it.
I am waiting to score an iPad from a family enthusiast who wants an iPad2.
I like Apple IPS screens but hate the Apple manipulation and mechanical hobbling aimed at draining your finances.
It would be good if these Pads could connect to a camera to proof or edit shots in the camera when out and about. Apple have not seen this as a use.