[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Has anyone had any success with rooting the new ROM?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Rooted with SuperOneClick (psneuter) on the first try, just remember you need to reboot after rooting. You need the Huawei usb driver installed. If you've used ADB before you already have it, if not it is available on Huaweis site IDEOS S7 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Last edited:

EddieS7

Dec 3, 2010
Everything is better with new ROM except the light sensor does not work. But now 3G settings persist on reboot and connection is rock solid on ATT.

boatpc

Apr 23, 2011
Im having trouble rooting my device. Telstra 104 model have tried several times all the ways mentioned in this forum . flashed new rom but seem not to be installing drivers on my win7 laptop. done all normal device manager tricks. uninstall/reinstall drivers, pointed to the driver folder still not working. my previous 2.1 singapore rom rooted no worries. 2.2 is working a treat except for the documented light senser. any extra tips from anyone. next step reinstall 2.1 then try again.
Big thanks to the team that made this update possible, have been following a long time. Cheers

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
What about bigger space now that we are all upgrading to 2.2.2? What method to use to expand the internal SD?

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Wifi tether with wpa2 is now standard.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Im having trouble rooting my device. Telstra 104 model have tried several times all the ways mentioned in this forum . flashed new rom but seem not to be installing drivers on my win7 laptop. done all normal device manager tricks. uninstall/reinstall drivers, pointed to the driver folder still not working. my previous 2.1 singapore rom rooted no worries. 2.2 is working a treat except for the documented light senser. any extra tips from anyone. next step reinstall 2.1 then try again.
Big thanks to the team that made this update possible, have been following a long time. Cheers

You need to install the Huawei USB drivers on your PC, which you can get here IDEOS S7 - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..
Just make sure you have USB debugging enabled on the S7 and run SuperOneClick (psneuter) on your pc. Works great, rooted on first try for me. Be sure and reboot after you root (Hey, that rhymes!). If you need help with a particular part of this the info is definitely available in this forum. I can't see any reason to reinstall 2.1 unless you simple want to go back to using it instead of 2.2

boatpc

Apr 23, 2011
Thanks for the comment Tom T but i tried several time to install drivers.
Fixed
tried my misses s7 and same thing, wouldn't install drivers.
so i used her laptop, now im happy.
3 days trying for 5 min install, someone shoot me now!

DodgeBullets

Apr 23, 2011
Hey there,

can someone post a video on yout*ube with 2.2.2 runing and a demosntration of flash in use??

post the link here

many tanks

cruzzmz

Apr 2, 2011
this is what i get using quadrant adv

s7quadrantadv.png

cansat

Apr 23, 2011
Hola, cansat. Puedes confirmar todo ok con orange?. Es dificil el flasheo?. Gracias.

Hi cansat. Can you confirm everything ok with spain orange?. Is it dificult to flash?. Thanks.

Se como mínimo tres conocidos que ya lo han echo sin problema , sigue la instrucciones y no hay problema.
Saludos

As minimum three acquaintances that already it is I begin without problem, continues the instrucciones and there is no problem.
Regards

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Thanks for the comment Tom T but i tried several time to install drivers.
Fixed
tried my misses s7 and same thing, wouldn't install drivers.
so i used her laptop, now im happy.
3 days trying for 5 min install, someone shoot me now!

Boy do I know that feeling! Glad it finally cooperated though.

Tom