[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Can you direct me to the sticky you used, Ive been reading a few and there all starting to look the same to me,lol. oh...and did you have to use the command (busybox mke2fs /dev/block/vold/179:18)

with new firmware, mount point for second partition on internal SD card now fix /dev/block/vold/179:2, with external sd card inserted or out.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I downloaded the DLOAD folder and uploaded to my external sd card; however, when I boot up my tablet it just loads normally.

try to rename DLOAD folder using PC to other name, the rename it back to DLOAD. (do not rename using android)

i have both dload (eclair + froyo) folder in my sd card, and i rename it eclair-dload and froyo-dload just to play with flashing and rooting using my script, and i found if i rename it back to dload using android it just won't load. i have to rename it back using pc. not sure why.

and make sure you have match MD5 for UPDATA.APP

gujai

Apr 27, 2011
try to rename DLOAD folder using PC to other name, the rename it back to DLOAD. (do not rename using android)

i have both dload (eclair + froyo) folder in my sd card, and i rename it eclair-dload and froyo-dload just to play with flashing and rooting using my script, and i found if i rename it back to dload using android it just won't load. i have to rename it back using pc. not sure why.

and make sure you have match MD5 for UPDATA.APP

Thanks for everyone's help, but I am at a complete loss. Still no luck.

md5check is correct.
deleted log file from the dload folder
tried formatting the sd card with both Fat and FAT32
completely booted down
removed battery
etc.

My machine boots up normally every time.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
is your folder structure like this:
External SD Card:
+dload
--+updata.app
--+unlmt.cfg

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i don't understand what you mean with question mark.
try to rename the files using PC,
updata.app
unlmt.cfg

> make sure you "unthick" the "hide extensions for known files" in your pc folder options.

Arachnoid

Apr 27, 2011
@tri_zet and all. Once again, you people rock. I am leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for other frustrated newbies.

Problem: Unable to flash. S7 boots up in the old 2.1 OS even though .rar is unpacked, md5 hash is okay, and dload folder is at root of sdcard2.

Solution: I formatted the microSD card as FAT32 using DOS and unpacked the .rar file directly to the card using winrar.exe.
I actually put the microSD card in a camera connected by USB to a Win7 pc. That probably wasn't necessary but it took the S7 completely out of the equation. I think the format command in the S7 Settings menu (in 2.1 at least) is worthless; it returns in less than a second. The card could be read / written by the S7 just fine, but it would not flash from there on reboot. Formatting via dos took 15+ minutes (again, it was in my camera hanging off a USB cable). The dos command used was
format <drive letter>: /FS:FAT32
I then unpacked the .rar file directly to root of this drive using winrar.exe. As suggested above, this avoided creating or renaming the dload folder by the S7.

Once this was done, I was able to reboot (twice, as recommended) then removed the microSD card and it started up in 2.2. Sweet. On to rooting, recovering apps, etc.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I reformatted (FAT32) and removed the .log file and still no luck. I have two files in the dload folder one is called unlmt.cfg and the other is UPDATA.APP. Both files have an icon next to them with a question mark. Any ideas? Thanks for everyone's help so far.
I would download the Rom again, the question mark I think means your S7 is not recognizing the files for whatever reason. Unrar the file on your PC, delete the .log file, format your SD in your PC, then drop the DLOAD folder on the SD. Pull the battery on your S7, insert the SD card and try again. Hope you get it soon, it is frustrating I know.

blade111

Jan 14, 2011
link2sd is straightforward
Assuming you have rooted your tablet just create a partition on your internal sd, mine is about 1gig, make sure both your partitions are primary, make the new partition ext2, reboot your S7, install link2sd (latest version 1.6) reboot again and you are good to go. Just run link2sd. There are no scripts involved.

Tom

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That worked...You have to make that the sticky and get rid of the others. I was reading to many other link2sd setups from leaving the second partiton unmounted, scripts and so on. Your hit it right on the head and thanks.

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I used the instruction here--

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2290-huawei-s7-useful-tweaks-tips.html

It's the tweaks and tips sticky.

And no, I didn't use any commands, I am not familiar with Linux to get that techy.
I am planning to take a college class on Linux either in the fall or spring.
I'd love to have one quarter of the Linux knowledge that techies on this forum have!!
Then again, with a little knowledge, I would probably be a danger to my tablet!!

Peace,
Dave

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
@tri_zet and all. Once again, you people rock. I am leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for other frustrated newbies.

Problem: Unable to flash. S7 boots up in the old 2.1 OS even though .rar is unpacked, md5 hash is okay, and dload folder is at root of sdcard2.

Solution: I formatted the microSD card as FAT32 using DOS and unpacked the .rar file directly to the card using winrar.exe.
I actually put the microSD card in a camera connected by USB to a Win7 pc. That probably wasn't necessary but it took the S7 completely out of the equation. I think the format command in the S7 Settings menu (in 2.1 at least) is worthless; it returns in less than a second. The card could be read / written by the S7 just fine, but it would not flash from there on reboot. Formatting via dos took 15+ minutes (again, it was in my camera hanging off a USB cable). The dos command used was
format <drive letter>: /FS:FAT32
I then unpacked the .rar file directly to root of this drive using winrar.exe. As suggested above, this avoided creating or renaming the dload folder by the S7.

Once this was done, I was able to reboot (twice, as recommended) then removed the microSD card and it started up in 2.2. Sweet. On to rooting, recovering apps, etc.

it is not necessary to format it using DOS (i think you mean diskpart commands), you can format directly from windows explorer or disk management.

actually, this is mentioned in Upgrade User Guide.pdf on official firmware from huawei site
c). Why upgrade fails?
The reason of upgrade failure is caused by several aspects:Firstly,when problem
occurs,please make sure UPDATA.APP is in the directory of &#8220;dload&#8221;.Secondly,make
sure if the subarea of present software version is consistent with the version after
upgrade.Thirdly,please check if the package-making script is improper.There are two
instances that must pay special attention to:
1). If SD card is formatted in android system,upgrade procedure may not be able to
read the file correctly,
so you&#8217;d better format the SD card in Windows system and
copy upgrade package to SD card again.

just to reconfirmed, i tried again to rename my dload folder using android, it just won't load.
so you have to rename it using windows again, or extract the file without rename it.

i will put this information on first page.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2011
Can you direct me to the sticky you used, Ive been reading a few and there all starting to look the same to me,lol. oh...and did you have to use the command (busybox mke2fs /dev/block/vold/179:18)
Make sure that when you partition the ext2 part you assign it as a primary drive and not a logical drive. Once you have done that links2sd should recognize and be able to mount it.

Apr 26, 2011
Just quick fyi for all trying this... I believe that gps is not supported and the compass seems wonky. Not a big deal since I don't use gps or compass apps. I'm running the bb s7. This version totally rocks in every other way. Its like having a brand new tablet!

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
The GPS on my BB S7 is working GREAT. I get satellites even when indoors. My dedicated GPS can't even do that.
Also, with AT&T Edge working, I can use it for Geocaching. And it is more precise than the dedicated GPS, too.

As a Trekkie, I installed the tricorder app and it shows 9 satellites accessed from inside my house.
The compass doesn't work well indoors(maybe EMF from appliances) but outdoors that works good also.

Peace,
Dave