[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

gujai

Apr 27, 2011
Awesome! Thanks everyone for your input in helping me get this thing updated. I finally had to switch out to a different SD card and everything worked perfectly. Thanks again.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I have the USA BB version, dual cameras, and have flashed this ROM a couple of times, rooted with SOC, and the app2sd mod. It will run just sweet as honey for a couple of days, then I start having reboot loops. I haven't pinpointed exactly what prompts it, I don't reinstall the exact same set of apps each time. The only thing I can figure as a remote possibility is that my hotmail account throws an error, then the reboot. Anyone else having an issue with reboots?

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have the USA BB version, dual cameras, and have flashed this ROM a couple of times, rooted with SOC, and the app2sd mod. It will run just sweet as honey for a couple of days, then I start having reboot loops. I haven't pinpointed exactly what prompts it, I don't reinstall the exact same set of apps each time. The only thing I can figure as a remote possibility is that my hotmail account throws an error, then the reboot. Anyone else having an issue with reboots?

I had that problem one time doing that you did with app2sd. The next time I tried link2sd and had no problems, except I was running out of app space in the 160MB since parts of each app still went in that directory. I switched over to joenilan's 2.2.2 apps2sd Rom a week ago and it has been running PERFECT not one issue has come up at all. If that happens again you may want to try that.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
I would love to try that, but I've never been able to get clockworkmod working on my tablet and frankly don't understand that whole process (probably because I've never gotten it to work). Would you be available later today to assist?

trust4068

Dec 11, 2010
Quick question it doesnt seem that the 2g or 3g is working and I was wondering if you might could help me figure this out...
ATT is the service i use

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I was having the same problem with my 2G. It was my own confusion that caused it.
I finally realized (dummy me) that the 2G was never available when a wireless network
was available. When I am out of range of a wireless network, my 2G works fine.
I don't have 3G in my local area, but when I get to a place with 3G I will check it
out then.

Try turning off you WIFI. It should transfer to 2G/3G when the WIFI is shut off.

Good Luck,

Peace,
Dave

drdatavault

Apr 30, 2011
I got the same problem

BestBuy S7 will not flash. The unpacked .rar dload folder is sitting at root of sdcard2 with Indonesian 222 UPDATA.APP and unlmt.cfg. When I power down and restart, it comes right back up in 2.1. I do not see a progress bar and OK as expected. The S7 is rooted, AT&T APN works, wifi on, USP Debug mode is on.

I have seen the warning not to allow once.cfg because the S7 can never be upgraded again. I haven't done that, but is there a way to confirm that OEMINFO has not been set to disallow upgrades?

Other weirdness that may be a hint: I am unable to browse files from Win7. Device appears but drives are greyed out.

Free beer for help.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I got the same problem

When you "unpack" I assume you have done this straight unzip to the card?
Check that you haven't got a dload folder inside a dload folder because that won't work.
The two files must be accessible one layer below the root of the SD card.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I got the same problem
> how did you format your sd card?
if it was formatted using android, format it again using windows.

> how did you unpack the rar file?
if it was unpacked using android, try to unpack it again using windows.

teuku

May 3, 2011
helo.. this is my first post.. i already download and install teh froyo 2.2.2... working VERY GREAT..... lovely forums..... VERY SUPER THX ALL....

:) :)

shankdub

May 4, 2011
Not sure what the problem is, but tried each link to download to the dload.rar (and mirrors etc) and EVERY single one has had a CORRUPT updata.app when unRARing....I tried using different comps, different RAR apps, and internet connections...'file updata.app is corrupted' so can someone tell me how they got these files from these links in this post WITHOUT them being corrupted? Any help appreciated. =)

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
Anyone experiencing the s7 unrooting after superoneclick root
For example rooted then after like an hour of use my terminal emulator can't seems to su with permission denied so with everything that requires root.
I'm gonna try to root it again tonight and see.

TheRookiGB

Jan 18, 2011
UK spec 103 s7 with vodafone contract sim broadband 3g.

Seems to work 100% with the 2.2.2 Indonessian flash.

Just incase anybody else had one.

Cheers All

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
As far as I know you need to install from an external sd, although there are ways around this I believe.