[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

phyxs

Jun 1, 2011
Hey guys,

I have a S7-105 with dual cameras, internal and external sd and capacative screen. I tried flashing the indonesian rom. First flash progress bar completed and it said OK. So i pulled the battery and then restarted for the second flash. But whatever i try, i can't get it to flash again. It just hangs on the IDEOS logo. I'm afraid i now have an expensive brick :(. Can anybody help me out?

DikkieDick

Jun 21, 2011
I'm trying to flash the Indonesian ROM on my S7 but I'm looking at the white progress bar now for over 30 minutes. Is this OK? Shouldn't take that long, should it?
I had placed the dload-folder on the 'internal sd-card'.

Later: Read in one of the first posts that it should be put on the external sd-card, so did that and after 30 minutes looking at the bar again put the battery out and upon the next boot it started updating.
Afte doing so I finally installed the ROM for the Slim-version. Seems to work quite OK up till now. Not having checked the wifi as it's not working here at the office.

Last edited:

john339

Mar 10, 2011
I have Netflix and can watch with my Roku. After flashing to the Indonesian ROM would the Huawei tablet be able to view Netflix movies?

Last edited:

dakto74

Jul 2, 2011
UBUNTU users download the rom, move to documents folder, install unrar from software center, right click on the rar file and open archive manager and extract here. Open a terminal ctrl+alt+f2 type in md5sum /home/user/documents/dload/updata.app wait a few mins checksum will appear. compare with the one by the download link. ctrl+alt+f7 to exit terminal. Prepare a microSD, supposed to be Fat32, easiest on a windows computer, insert into an adapter, plug into windows, right click then format....now move it back to Ubuntu delete the log file. copy the dload folder to the microSD card. unmount and insert microSd into the Huawei S7, power on watch progress bar till it says Ok, remove battery, replace battery turn on watch progress bar till Ok , remove battery , remove the microSD chip. Power on the S7 and in a few mins your at the Home page. Go to the android market and install Go Launcher ex.

Last edited:

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I have Netflix and can watch with my Roku. After flashing to the Indonesian ROM would the Huawei tablet be able to view Netflix movies?
The indonesian does not work as far as I know. I have heard that the brazilian one does work.

dfj

Jul 2, 2011
I have just bought an s7-104 in Australia (Telstra , twin cameras external sd). I flashed with the indonesian 2.2.2 . First pass white bar filed and got OK message,disconnected battery , reconnected , white bar started to fill 2nd time then turned off , , now dead , cannot get any power anywhere, . I have a spare battery fully charged , fitted that still nothing, have tried external AC power adaptor and USB , but cannot even get a flicker. Any ideas.... would be appreciated. Great forum by the way, heaps of info in here.

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I have just bought an s7-104 in Australia (Telstra , twin cameras external sd). I flashed with the indonesian 2.2.2 . First pass white bar filed and got OK message,disconnected battery , reconnected , white bar started to fill 2nd time then turned off , , now dead , cannot get any power anywhere, . I have a spare battery fully charged , fitted that still nothing, have tried external AC power adaptor and USB , but cannot even get a flicker. Any ideas.... would be appreciated. Great forum by the way, heaps of info in here.

this is the 2nd report S7-104 Telstra bricked caused by flashing Indonesian ROM.

i don't know if it is just coincidence or incompatibilty ROM, because first report says
Yes it is totally "OFF".

I was able to see the progress bar, for few minutes, and after that screen become blank, I have not seen the "OK" message.

for Telstra user please use S7V100R001C13B115 (thanks to the goodoane for providing link) , until someone reported succesfully flash indonesian rom.

bluemoon

Jul 3, 2011
Whilst not completely bricked mine seems to not want to go past the initial boot screen anymore after trying several roms now. The first being the indonesian rom

xanderclone

Jul 6, 2011
I have a telsra 104 and I have used Indonesia Rom, Norwegian rom and tri-zet slim mod with no problem.

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Dougk50

Jul 5, 2011
Brilliant, could not have been easier for a really non tech bozo!! Thx Guys, the update is awesome, makes the T-Touch worth having now!
I don't understand why Telstra couldn't release their update? Would have been easier than having so many upset customers!

jtonius

Jul 7, 2011
Has anyone noticed issues with using BlueAnt Bluetooth devices and the Indonesian ROM running on the BB S7-104? I am able to play media through the (BlueAnt) bluetooth device however the telephone feature of the tablet does not work with the bluetooth on the Indonesian ROM.. Help any ideas

The BlueAnt bluetooth device model is the T1 BlueAnt T1 Review - Headsets - CNET Reviews

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
format uSDHC as FAT (full format not quick) in windows 7
use a good card adapter for pc! Also good quality flash! it really does matter!
when using a cheap adapter: 80-90% flash fail (flash blinking lights - not completing flash)
when using a good quality usdhc usb adaptor and card : flashes perfect every time!

xsam6611

Jul 21, 2011
Instead of windows7, can XP with Service Pac 3 be used to install the latest Indo ROM onto the AU Telstra S7 _ 104 ?and could you point me to a link where the complete proceedure is set out for an absolute noob .. & btw this is a great site with brilliant experts ...Thanks.