S7 from Globe Telecoms Philippines dual cam dual sdcard

rooted via SOC! but it has issues need to verify and validate full root
Titanium backup is giving errors
edit 1:
***working - updated busybox via problems menu
edit 2:
lcd density changer doesnt work
***working - fixed by updating busybox

again, thanks a lot tri_zet , please send our regards to odienas and all the guys at android-indonesia!

cant thank you enough! here comes the custom roms!!

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
BB 104- 2 camera and external micro sd- updated with froyo 2.2.2 and rooted with super oneclick- Undid the 2nd partition on the internal sd card since link2sd will no longer be required. Worked great for 2.1- Thanks Bakpinar!

Now to restore! This is very cool! Hope I can put back everything with TB. :)
Seems I spoke too soon. SOC says on computer that I am rooted, but the hs7 doesn't seem to be.
Just needed to reboot. All's fine now!

Last edited:

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@ ramcharger- mine did the same thing and I realized I took out the old micro sd without unmounting it. I put in the dl folder card and remounted it to the tablet. Then it loaded right away with the load bar. Don't forget to do the process twice. (I promptly lost my 16 gb card. Looking all over for it.)

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
Worked like a charm... Now i just gotta root this thing... Thanks to all who made this possible!!!

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
BB-104 (dual, 8GB int)

Flashed, rooted via super one click. Everything appears to be working fine here.

Noticed there's only about 113MB left for user data. I know a lot of apps can be moved to the sd card, but that still doesn't seem like much left. I didn't like link2sd (having to reboot to see updated apps). I recently got a Vibrant which has a large partition for apps (part of the 16GB internal card). So, being a glutton for punishment, I revisited the app2sd thread.

Pleased to report everything went smoothly, and I now have almost 1GB for installing apps. Internal tablet storage now reports 142MB free (not that it will get used anyway). On the plus side, Huawei seems to have sorted out the internal/sd card designations on boot. The internal card is loaded as 179:1 and 179:2 whether or not a sd card is present at boot. SD card is loaded as 179:17 whether present at boot or inserted later.

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
So can I or can I not flash if I have the singapore rom? Do I need to go back to one of the earlier roms first?

bustabob454

Apr 19, 2011
So can I or can I not flash if I have the singapore rom? Do I need to go back to one of the earlier roms first?
Yes I had the Singapore rom on mine (BB S7-104)...along with it being rooted I got rid of alot of bloatware probaly like 6 apps or so. I just followed the instructions and it worked fine. Although I had to root and rid my s7 of bloatware again haha

efidol

Dec 30, 2010
is there an alternate way to root this d@mn thing...? windows wont recognize the tablets int. or ext. SD cards when i plug it in... never has, ive tried to install the drivers but to no avail... doesn't even show up in the device manager... help

nigelh

Apr 1, 2011
I followed the instructions and upgraded my "Telstra T-Touch Tablet" (aka S7-104) without any problems.

Everything works - WiFi, GPS, Camera, Bluetooth, Cellular, Market.

Thankyou so much to everyone who has helped with this.