[ROM] ivyvisors custom rom based on S7V100R001C61B011

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for that.

I will double check it anyway. I spent last night cleaning up everything, I've got way to many firmware files on my dev system =)

~Ivy

dethanjl

Mar 15, 2011
sorry, but i'm still real new to android. I've installed the official roms on my s7 using sd method. I downloaded the .05 files, now what do i do with them?

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
sorry, but i'm still real new to android. I've installed the official roms on my s7 using sd method. I downloaded the .05 files, now what do i do with them?

You will need to root your device load the correct version of clockwork recovery mod from here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...0-recovery-s7-clockworkmod-recovery-port.html move the zip file that you have downloaded to your sd card, boot into recover and load the ROM. If you are uncomfortable doing all this I suggest you not try it.

Snyperx

Nov 22, 2010
So to use this ROM do I just create a bootable CWR SD card like I do with my Nook Color? I am totally comfortable messing with ROMs on my Nook Color, but not clear on how to do it with my S7.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Maybe you used the old Singapore ROM as a base instead? The kernel build date is November on your ROM I think, where as it is January on the new Singapore ROM.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Maybe you used the old Singapore ROM as a base instead? The kernel build date is November on your ROM I think, where as it is January on the new Singapore ROM.

Looks like it. I'm going to put a newer version up once I've sorted out something. I hoped to get it online this morning, but I rewired some of my home network and forgot to plug in my build box. So a little stuck there. for now.

~Ivy

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
sorry for my ignorance so are all of these ROM'S flashable through recovery...

That's the idea. It also means once you've got the recovery installed. You can install these roms without having to wipe your data partition.

I'm currently working on a newer version, should have it done sometime this week.

But I've just not had enough time over the last week or two.

Take care and stuff

~Ivy

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I've been having fun creating these. But where to go to from here.

I'm still trying to build android from scratch for this device and not having much luck, to be honest I'm a little out of my depth here, and documentation is pretty sparse.

If I could just get a normal build of 2.1 going I'm pretty sure I could then get 2.2 and so on running. But I'm really lost with how to actually go about doing it.

If only I had all the build stuff from huawei.

~Ivy

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Well I've been playing around with things with my android system building.

This I'm calling v1.0b (b not as in beta but as in b as an alternate.)

I've replaced the Zeam launcher with the default android launcher.

Why because I can =)

Its nothing special to be honest but something to play round with.

It will be up in about 30 mins or so, my upstream at home is slow as.

~Ivy
VK3IVY <- 30 points to who works out how much a geek I am =)

zlotin

Feb 7, 2011
Hi!
I`m testing Your rom for 2 days now and there are some issues with it.
First of all, the strangest problem is that power on button doesn`t powers OFF the device. Though it works ok for bringing s7 to life, it doesn`t work otherwise.
Then I recieve some times crash notification from Cell-Phone app. The problem is that i don`t even have a sim card inserted. I`ll give a try deleting it by SystemApp Remover and write again.
And the last issue is the "low memory" notification. It appeared only for one time and gone with reset, so imho it is just a problem of my device.
Apropos, my device is 104 (resistive display, bought in Germany) with 8Gb flash memory and a me mory slot.
What would I see in Your next release, is the "lite" version of the firmware: there is only ca. 110 memory avaidable in Your ROM, and there is an official russian firmware from Huawei with 140 mb App-Memory. For me it was a perfect Rom without any software except Market, so user can install what he wants (maybe filemanager and gallery, but nothing more).
But aufter all Your firmware rules :) Thank You for working on it!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I think anyone who flashes this ROM should first upgrade their firmware to the newer Singapore firmware to avoid any issues with baseband and partition sizing.