[ROM] ivyvisors custom rom based on S7V100R001C61B011

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi!
I`m testing Your rom for 2 days now and there are some issues with it.
First of all, the strangest problem is that power on button doesn`t powers OFF the device. Though it works ok for bringing s7 to life, it doesn`t work otherwise.
Then I recieve some times crash notification from Cell-Phone app. The problem is that i don`t even have a sim card inserted. I`ll give a try deleting it by SystemApp Remover and write again.
And the last issue is the "low memory" notification. It appeared only for one time and gone with reset, so imho it is just a problem of my device.
Apropos, my device is 104 (resistive display, bought in Germany) with 8Gb flash memory and a me mory slot.
What would I see in Your next release, is the "lite" version of the firmware: there is only ca. 110 memory avaidable in Your ROM, and there is an official russian firmware from Huawei with 140 mb App-Memory. For me it was a perfect Rom without any software except Market, so user can install what he wants (maybe filemanager and gallery, but nothing more).
But aufter all Your firmware rules :) Thank You for working on it!

Interesting regarding the power button. I've not noticed this but as Xaueious mentioned it could be due to me using the .sg firmware previously.

I've found using the default android launcher doesn't play nice with the default notification bar, so I'm still trying to find a workaround there, as the top row of applications are hard to click on as they're hiding below the notification bar.

I've just had a busy no development weekend so this evening I will try and work something out over the next few days.

~Ivy

INFERNO66

Jan 10, 2011
IP tables for a tablet? or am I missing a possible use for it?

~Ivy
Im dont understand this ...

netfilter/Iptables for use with Droidwall(control all app-traffic,mobile internet is expensive), and proxy for WIFI

Last edited:

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Ahh I see, hadn't even thought of using ip-tables for these uses on a mobile device.

I might see if I can compile a new kernel for this purpose, but to be honest, until I work out how to create a decent vendor tree, It's going to be difficult.

This is the one thing holding me back with developing stuff for this tablet, is that trying to work out how to do this eludes me at the present moment.

~Ivy

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hmm net filter would be nice, If I could get a kernel going I will try and include it.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

INFERNO66

Jan 10, 2011
Yes, its will be good thing.

Im not like google when I show log Droidwall:(, many google services and app use Internet in silent mode. Im not sure what this app sent to google from my device:mad:

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I'd love froyo. Though cyangenmod gingerbread would be even better.

I'm going to see if I can build something for the tablet, now that rictech has something almost going =) (it boots, but doesn't see my sdcard, nor does usb or radio stuff works)

~Ivy

kensikora

Apr 7, 2011
I have a funny feeling I'm the only one with this issue, but I loaded up version 1.0 yesterday, and whenever I plug in a set of headphones, the music application starts and continuously, uncontrollably plays the Facebook pop sound on repeat. I used Titanium Backup to freeze the music app and install Songbird instead, and it did the exact same thing whenever I plug in headphones. Obviously, I uninstalled Songbird, and now have no music player.

I have never seen anything like it before. I checked Autostarts to try to determine if there was some startup event I was missing, and found nothing.

Is my tablet demon possessed? Or is there some logical explanation I'm missing?

dethanjl

Mar 15, 2011
I'm using a bb s7-104
I installed the 1.0 rom yesterday. So far everything is running great! No audio loop and the power button acts as it should! Not sure yet if I like the zeam launcher tho! LOL

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
Just installed the 1.0 and it seems to run fine! So there isn't any way to get flash until froyo right? Kinda frustrating. ..

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum

kensikora

Apr 7, 2011
You can indeed get flash on your tablet. Just do a Google search for "flash for 2.1." I have it on mine, and it works pretty well. I will see if I can find a link for you as soon as I'm fully awake.

Edit: nevermind. Here it is http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/how-to-install-flash-10-1-on-android-2-1-eclair-devices/

Sent from my S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited: