[ROM] Jelly Bean Stock Lite for MID8127 -- Rooted + Gapps

yarik1111

Oct 19, 2012
Good day, Kiiv! Can you describe in detail how to install Android 4 on the tablet MID8127. And how to make a backup of android 2.3? thanks

xsycox

Dec 23, 2012
Hi Kiiv,

I am totally lost here after wasting 5,5 hours on how to flash your ROM (or CWM) on my new Coby MID8127 (first Android 2.3, then Android 4 with official update).

Well, I know that I have to get CWM on the tablet first, in order to flash your ROM (6.1 lite), but I could not find any information where/how to do this.

So, I tried to do it by the stock recovery and renaming your ROM to "update.zip". The problem is: I can not access the recovery. Power with vol - or vol + both bring me to the blue typing with FWD..., telling me to plug the tablet in (which does not do anything) or to reset it (which makes a restart).

Then I tried to connect it with ADB or Fastboot to flash a CWM 5 img, I have found somewhere, but it did not find the tablet either.

So, I am pretty ****ed up now, because this tablet should have been a christmas present tomorrow and I have been awake half the night to update it.

Can you or somewhere else write/show me a step-by-step tutorial (with needes files) on how to get CWM on an 8127 based on the problems named above?

Thank you a lot in advance and merry christmas. =)

xsycox

Dec 23, 2012
Hi Kiiv,

I am totally lost here after wasting 5,5 hours on how to flash your ROM (or CWM) on my new Coby MID8127 (first Android 2.3, then Android 4 with official update).

Well, I know that I have to get CWM on the tablet first, in order to flash your ROM (6.1 lite), but I could not find any information where/how to do this.

So, I tried to do it by the stock recovery and renaming your ROM to "update.zip". The problem is: I can not access the recovery. Power with vol - or vol + both bring me to the blue typing with FWD..., telling me to plug the tablet in (which does not do anything) or to reset it (which makes a restart).

Then I tried to connect it with ADB or Fastboot to flash a CWM 5 img, I have found somewhere, but it did not find the tablet either.

So, I am pretty ****ed up now, because this tablet should have been a christmas present tomorrow and I have been awake half the night to update it.

Can you or somewhere else write/show me a step-by-step tutorial (with needes files) on how to get CWM on an 8127 based on the problems named above?

Thank you a lot in advance and merry christmas. =)

Well, two hours later or so I still could not get CWM into the MID8127. Still Power and vol - or vol + bring me to that FWD... thing.

At least, I could connect with Fastboot and tried to flash the recovery image from there. Flashing worked, but still I can not reboot into CWM with those two shortcuts. That is really crazy and I do not understand it at all.

But with Fastboot I could boot the tablet into CWM and then flash your ROM (6.1 lite). The next problem came up: Something is wrong with the installation wizard right at the beginning. It crashes all the time, so that I cannot end it and use the tablet for installation or whatever. I am choosing a language, then entering wi-fi question and saying "skip" and then it crashes. If I enter the wi-fi data, it crashes, too.

What the heck is going on with that tablet? It does not accept CWM, it does not accept the ROM, ... crazy, crazy, crazy.

Any help?

cjmsdroid

Jan 1, 2013
Well, two hours later or so I still could not get CWM into the MID8127. Still Power and vol - or vol + bring me to that FWD... thing.

At least, I could connect with Fastboot and tried to flash the recovery image from there. Flashing worked, but still I can not reboot into CWM with those two shortcuts. That is really crazy and I do not understand it at all.

But with Fastboot I could boot the tablet into CWM and then flash your ROM (6.1 lite). The next problem came up: Something is wrong with the installation wizard right at the beginning. It crashes all the time, so that I cannot end it and use the tablet for installation or whatever. I am choosing a language, then entering wi-fi question and saying "skip" and then it crashes. If I enter the wi-fi data, it crashes, too.

What the heck is going on with that tablet? It does not accept CWM, it does not accept the ROM, ... crazy, crazy, crazy.

Any help?

@xsycox
I feel your pain. I spent hours and days trying to get into clockworkmod with my Coby Kyros. I finally found a way and this should work for you as long as you can get into fastboot.

1. You need SDK installed with the platform tools. Download here if not. Android SDK | Android Developers
2. You need a copy of CWM which I'm guessing you do already but if not get it here. Coby-CWM-V5.img
3. Now you need to copy your cwm .img file to platform-tools folder in your SDK folder. Mine is C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
4. Rename the .img file to "recovery.img". (Not sure if its required but it makes it easier to type then "Coby-CWM-V5.img")
5. Now go to your command prompt and change directory to your SDK platform-tools folder where your "adb.exe" and "fastboot.exe" are located. (mine is "cd\C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools")
6. Now with your Tablet, get to fastboot mode and plug in your usb. (Make sure you press vol- button for Fastboot. vol+ gets you into FWDN mode which you don't want.)
7. from command prompt type in the following command: fastboot boot recovery.img
the "recovery.img" is what I renamed my CWM file to but just type in whatever you used.

Your command prompt will say:

downloading 'boot.img' ...
OKAY [1.000s]
booting...
OKAY [ 0.250s]
finished. total time: 1.230s

Your tablet will boot into cwm. It took me days of trial and error to finally find this solution. I hope it will work but as long as you can get into Fastboot, you should have no problem. This solution will work with any phone or tablet that can enter fastboot and as long as you have downloaded the right recovery. Good Luck.

andyberlin

Jan 8, 2012
Hi there!

I've been trying this too, but I can't get fastboot to work properly. I can get into fastboot mode, but it's only the coby screen with a little message in blue at the bottom, not the skating droids. I think my drivers are OK, as fastboot will reboot my tablet. But when I try "fastboot devices", it outputs "? fastboot". I tried some other command and it output "..." and hung.

Can I ask what Android version you have installed and which driver?

Andy

andyberlin

Jan 8, 2012
As you were. The fastboot implementation is just very limited. The devices command doesn't work, but the getvar command returns version-bootloader, serialno and product (but nothing else, e.g. no all). I followed your instructions and managed to boot into cwm. Thanks very much for the clear instructions and the link to the CWM file!

durgashras

Jan 17, 2013
http://www.*************/products/ramos-w41-9-4-inch-1280x800-ips-tablet-pc-with-act-atm7029-quad-core-chipset-1gb-ddr3-ram-16gb-nand-flash-dual-camera-m-r-p-399-99-on-sale-now-219-99

durgashras

Jan 17, 2013
There are many tablet manufacturer that announced tablets powered by ACT-ATM7029. Such as Ainol,Ramos and AMPE. I spent much time comparing them. Any one know which one is best? Ramos W41? Ainol Novo 7 Venus? Or Ainol Novo 10 Hero II?

Jan 17, 2013
Help need.

Ich flashed the Verison 0.6lite from page 1 on my coby Kyros MID8127. Actually i flashed the full Version and my tablet takes tooooooooo long for everything than i have a look on the difference between the full and lite and so i just have a MID8127 with the small Data partion i guess. So now my Coby does nothing because after the Language Choice the Assisstant breaks and its a loop and there s nothing i can do.

I spent many hours to look for an image for the fu....ing coby and i dont find anything. Is there anybody who can help me?

drama

Jan 22, 2013
Hi everyone...i have some questions and if somebody can help me that would be very nice!Few days ago I won a COBY KYROS 8'' MID8127 (android 2.3.3)at some game show on tv So last few days i was exploring this 'thing'...and I saw some updates on web(jelly bean 4.1 for example),and I saw on you tube how it looks like when its updated and i liked it,and I want to update mine...but i have to admit that i am a bit stupid when it comes to this So is there someone who can help me about this?I'll be grateful....

vmc

Apr 16, 2014
Here is some ROMs I've cooked for mid8127. This is stock ROMs with some little modifications, principally root and tweaks to install gapps properly.
Flash ROM via CWM.

Kiiv, I know it's been a LONG time since you've posted this information. But I tried applying the JB 0.6.1 rom to my Coby Kyros MID1125 tablet. Actually everything works well other than an issue with the touchscreen. I've checked the messages and found out that the touch screen is set for 800x600. The /sys/goodix_debug/resolution and messages indicate Goodix-TS 1-0055: X_MAX = 800,Y_MAX = 600,MAX_TOUCH_NUM = 5. Problem is that my tablets resolution is 1024x800. I've tried to see how I could set this, but it appears to be hard coded in the goodix kernel settings. Also would appear that it is flipped 180 degrees vertically. Up goes down and down goes up.

Do you happen to still have the kernel source for this rom? I'd like to make a modification to the kernel goodix driver and re-compile.