[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

pogodancer

Mar 15, 2012
Install an app to clear cache by apk.file or go into clockwork to wipe cache and dalvik cache. Did you prepare your external-sd correctly?

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2

ubeeubee

Nov 23, 2012
Install an app to clear cache by apk.file or go into clockwork to wipe cache and dalvik cache. Did you prepare your external-sd correctly?

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 2
Will try both. SDCard is well prepared, consist of fat32 & ext4 formatted with gparted in ubuntu.

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
I did as instructed on the first page. I just used Windows when formatting the sd.

hi liquidcat

dont use windows to partition the sd card it wil partition but not correct. look here Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition. this is a free partition and format tool you can use.
the partition you need to make to a 16 gb sd card is 14 gb fat32 and 2 gb ext4. the 2 gb ext4 is fore use of interal memory and the fat32 fore storing music and vid,
you can do this ONLY to a formatted sd card.

p.s. look here fore info on formating and partitioning
the ext2 and ext4 are created in the same way

if you need more help just ask

greats steel

the problem that you now have is that windows can see and therfore make a fat32 patition but it cant see the ext4 foremate so if you stick it in your viewpad it wil not use the card optimal and wil see the only made ext4 formate that is on your tablet (like 256 mb) its not a nuff fore your app's

Last edited by a moderator:

liquidcat

Dec 16, 2011
hi liquidcat

dont use windows to partition the sd card it wil partition but not correct. look here Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition. this is a free partition and format tool you can use.
the partition you need to make to a 16 gb sd card is 14 gb fat32 and 2 gb ext4. the 2 gb ext4 is fore use of interal memory and the fat32 fore storing music and vid,
you can do this ONLY to a formatted sd card.

p.s. look here fore info on formating and partitioning
the ext2 and ext4 are created in the same way

if you need more help just ask

greats steel

the problem that you now have is that windows can see and therfore make a fat32 patition but it cant see the ext4 foremate so if you stick it in your viewpad it wil not use the card optimal and wil see the only made ext4 formate that is on your tablet (like 256 mb) its not a nuff fore your app's
I also used minitool for partitioning. How can I be sure my tablet sees the ext4 partition?

Last edited by a moderator:

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
I also used minitool for partitioning. How can I be sure my tablet sees the ext4 partition?

hi,

if you reformat the card without the partitioning (clean card).
do the steps over with your sd card and try again, if that is the only problem you have with the tablet it mite do the trick.

good luck with it

PaulE

Jan 9, 2012
Great Rom Legionaire (and other developers working on it).

I came to this rom from the 'other' Jelly Bean rom which I found too unstable. Only found this by accident but it is great.

My only real gripe is battery usage which seems terrible (but also the same with the 'other' rom).

Speed wise it is acceptable. I have used CPU manager as others suggested which really helps improve it. I suppose it is always going to be laggy when relying on a partition on an SD card. I do wonder if this rom now has pushed the device as far as it will go with the resources available.

One question, what settings should I use on zRam config?

This rom needs a bigger audience to see how good it is.

Keep up the hard work.

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
One question, what settings should I use on zRam config? .

hi paulE

the setting i have on it ar:
zram size 40 %
zram device count 2
kernel swappiness with zram on 80
kernel swappiness with zram of 40

but this setting is alredy config'd on the tab bit if its not then there you go

good luck with it

london

Dec 18, 2011
Thank you for your work. Any chance you can tackle the Bluetooth audio issue?
With the old Froyo OS the Bluetooth audio was working perfect (For instance I could go walk up stairs with my tablet and it would still play on stereo crystal clear. it had zero interruptions).
All other ROMS (ViewComb, ViewCream, VegaBean ...) have an issue with the bluetooth working extremely poor with audio. Even 2-3 meters away the audio stars to lag and be disruptive. (If I would take it up stairs it would not work at all).

This is my biggest issue with all ROMs and since you are working on a customization for ViewPad 10s, I would be grateful if you would find a solution for this.

Thanks in advance

liquidcat

Dec 16, 2011
$ForumRunner_20121217_175253.png

I can see my internal memory free but I cannot download anything from market until I clear up some internal space. Anyone have any idea why could this happen?

lsourtzo

Dec 23, 2012
first off all thanks a lot for that rom ...
i had a viewpad 10s and i install your rom that work allmost success full ...
5 problems i have ... if any can help me ...

1st : when i push the power on button my screen light for 1 sec ... stop for another ... start light again for another sec and then nothing ... stop ... i must repeat this 4 to 10 times before my device start up ... (my device did that with combo rom to ... only with the original rom from viewsonic i dont had that problem).

2nd : when i use my cable-hands free in skype ... my microphone dosent work ... in previously version works fine (combo - dosent work on vegacream to).

3rd : some times tablet freeze .. and i must do hardware reboot ...

4th : in combo and vega version my huawei 3g stick works ... i cant do it work with this version ...

and finaly
5th : my battery goes empty even when i left my tablet in standby mode ... so i must shut down my tablet every time i dident use it ... and thats not good because when i want it take me over 5 minutes to power on ....

thanks a lot ...
hope someone help me with my issues ...

ps : sorry for my english ... hope understand me ...

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
View attachment 9458

I can see my internal memory free but I cannot download anything from market until I clear up some internal space. Anyone have any idea why could this happen?

hi liquidcat,

the problem is that internal memory stops working properly when it is over 80% capesaty (this do to android itself)
the only option you have is to try to make the ext4 partition bigger you can do that with al the data in place so you dont have to begin al over again.

p.s. this is the reason i use a 32 gig card with 12 gigs of ext4

goodluck with it