[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

Black_ID

Nov 12, 2011
Hi Legionnaire

I have VP 10S 3G just for internet and playing games.
I have try almost all Custom ROMs for my VP (including Jellypad v.2) but now i'm back to Vegacomb 3.2.7 because the accelerometer on vegacomb is very stable. But when i use Vegacream, Vegabean, CM 10.1 and Jellypad the accelerometer become unstable. I use sensor tester.apk to check the accelerometer and i saw that the accelerometer move up and down continuosely. I try to calibrate but nothing.

I try to play F18 Carrier Landing. But when i start the game, the aircraft moving up and down, uncontrol. This is not happen when i use Vegacom 3.2.7 ROM. With Sensor tester.apk i see that vegacomb use tegra accelerometer driver and vegacream, vegabean and CM 10.1 use bma150 accelerometer driver.

If you don't mind and have several times, please help to fix the accelerometer issue

Sorry for my bad English

Thanks

huss2seine

May 12, 2013
hi,

I followed the tutorial from beginning to end, but the 2nd reboot I get stuck
slapshscreen of the boot (JellyPad) and it stays like this for hours.

I have to try to reflash, re partitioned my sdcard to 4GB (2GB fat32, 2GB Ext4) but always the same.

It's been two days I fight with.

Think you ca come from the SD that is too small? Or you had an idea to help me

thank you

Jun 19, 2013
big noob here :)
whats the difference between the viewpad 10 and 10s?
i saw this rom is designed for 10s

would it also work on a viewpad 10 (dualbooting android and windows)
if so.. please advise installation instructions
thanks

si

petruccci

Nov 14, 2011
ROM is working great, my suggestion will be, to buy a class 10 sd card to see full performance. (SandDisk ULTRA is doing a great job,in my case)

Jefgrry

Jul 8, 2013
tried flashing it again and same results. Not sure what am i missing

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

n3n0

Aug 23, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful Rom Update.
previously installed with viewcomb now updated to Jellypad. Works faster imo.
However there is one issue. my baseband is unknown.
IS there a way to flash the correct radio for this tablet ?
Not able to use 3G :(

Appreciate the help

rowalazul

Nov 16, 2011
Thank you for this wonderful Rom Update.
previously installed with viewcomb now updated to Jellypad. Works faster imo.
However there is one issue. my baseband is unknown.
IS there a way to flash the correct radio for this tablet ?
Not able to use 3G :(

Appreciate the help

Sorry my english. try intall "PPP Widget" from the play store, if it doesn't work, download from the web an old version of PPP Widget. I have 2 3G usb modems Huawei and works perfect.

Last edited:

DANIEL1337

Oct 10, 2013
German:Hallo, ich habe einen fehler mit meinem tablet immer wenn ich es restarte will es nicht mehr angehn dann muss ich neu machen. Was kann ich tun? PM.ME

English: Hello, I have an error with my tablet whenever I rest arte it no longer wants angehn then I have to make new. What can I do? PM.ME

Last edited:

Tabnoob

Jan 8, 2015
Hi Community,

I'm new here and I need help do install/update my revived Viewpad 10s to Jellybean.
I have my tablet already modified for a long time ago.

Current state of my tablet is:
Vegacomb 3.2
Kernel-Version: 2.6.36.3 VegaComb-Release-by-TeamNewCo+rebel1@linux-36c8#7
Build: VC 3.2 Build 9n Update 3.1 Edited by Areo

I have a MicroSD 16 GB Class 6 for the partition.
(Partition 1 - Fat32 Primary
Partition 2 - Ext4 Primary)

But I have no idea what must exactly do.
The connection to the PC isn't the problem, but....

After the download of the ROM Jellybean 2.0 exe, what must I do exactly?
Must I wipe the tablet?
Can I start the .exe file from the PC or must I copy to the SD?
Quote: If you correctly create partitions, download the file [ROM]_JellyPad_v2.0.exe (159.19 MB)
Wait a few minutes to finish installation process.

Which part of the SD Card I must be used?

Last edited:

Palko

Aug 21, 2015
Hi,
Just went through the whole process for updating my 10s to Jelly Bean. I bought this tablet 3 years back but never used it. When I wanted to use it, it had Android 2.2 on it. With lot of searches on google and you tube. I bumped to this site. I was very excited when I saw the posts here. So I went ahead and bought the SD card and male to male USB cable. After trying few times I was able to get the device into flash mode and was able to install the JellyBean. But just like others. I also have the same problem. When I reboot it just get stuck at JellyBean screen at the boot time. I said to my self ok I will never reboot to get going. But the tablet is still useless as I can not download any games for my little one. Its complaining about the insufficient space. Its not able to use the space from SD card.
Can some one help please

Note : I used DiskUtility on mac to partition the SD card. Is that OK?

When rebooting, even though usb debugging was enable. I could not see that device in adb. But when I reboot when it got stuck at JellyBean Screen. I could see the device in adb and was able to access shell. So is there way for me to use the shell and execute any command to fox this problem. Please help...

thanks
Pal

Last edited:

darqo

Nov 26, 2015
Wow... still alive..
Firstly Palko, reparations your sdcard in two different formats.
First is FAT32 and set at Primary and the second is EXT4 primary formats.
Then flash the tab using the boot loader key combinations.
Press hold back/home key 2sec then press power key once and release back/home key. If the display turns on press power for 6 secs and repeat the steps until no display and tab is on boot loader status. Or a faster way is insert usb at power off and press power and back/home key together and wait for the computer device connected sound and its in boot loader status. Then flash your tab. Be sure to reboot tab when language selection starts one reason you have that problem or wrong partitioning of your sdcard. Just partition it properly.

Still have no fixes on WiFi and gsensor problems... he he he... accelerometer modules loaded are wrong that conflicts with gsensor to be disabled by default of not even loaded.