[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

thinkbusiness

Sep 20, 2012
hi legionnaire.i have a problem can you pls. help. after rebooting the tablet,it keeps loading the "jellypad by legionnaire" i dont know what to do.. btw,i didn't do the format the sd card part.

purche

Jan 22, 2012
[QUOTRom age ad;239281]Thanks Legionnaire for the guidance, i got it working following your updated guide, i have a few observations to share

1. Generally version 1.2 seems slower than 1.1, perhaps my SD is slow, hence the slow down
4. Wifi doesn't seem to remember its password, perhaps it has something to do with google's tablet backup capability ?.
5. Wifi doesn't connect immediately once you give the proper credentials, again this can be an issue at my end, i am still investigating this one[/QUOTE]

Same here - password is gone after some hours of inactivity

Tablet lags with some Apps . Perhaps SD card

Nice rom so far - good job

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Generally version 1.2 seems slower than 1.1, perhaps my SD is slow, hence the slow down

Tablet lags with some Apps . Perhaps SD card

MLC card is suitable for storing multimedia files.
SLC card is much better for loading apps.
So... Lower class of SLC card will work pretty faster than class 10 MLC card.
It's up to you what type of flash card that will be used in your tablet.

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Great ROM, just installed on my 360MN10U 10S. Work fine except wifi and skype. Improve them if you can.

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
With skype camera now works fine. I don't know why the first try was not.
I remain only the wifi problem: it scan wifi correctly, I choose mine wifi, write password,... don't connect and does not appare wifi symbol in toolbar.

majzoob

Sep 22, 2012
Nice rom legionnaire, I've been using it for a few days now with some lag (I'm assuming from my generic 8gb microsd) and with no major issues. I had the wifi errors that others are mentioning. When I flashed it it would forget the password when I put it to sleep, but since then it only forgets it if I log onto another network.

I was also wondering if you could make a version of the rom without the int2ext+ script for people with sucky microsds.

dirkko

Nov 3, 2011
Hello!

Thank you Legionnaire, for creating this very nice rom.
I was a great fan of your ViewComb 3.2 rom and happy that you work on with the JellyBean rom.
In the installation all works fine, the rom is after installing working properly. Only the Wlan forgets its password for the network to which it is connected. Could that be solved?

Bye!

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
I remain only the wifi problem: it scan wifi correctly, I choose mine wifi, write password,... don't connect and does not appare wifi symbol in toolbar.

I had the wifi errors that others are mentioning. When I flashed it it would forget the password when I put it to sleep, but since then it only forgets it if I log onto another network.

Only the Wlan forgets its password for the network to which it is connected. Could that be solved?!

WiFi issue has been fixed in version 1.3.

Download: [ROM]_JellyPad_v1.3.exe (140.67 MB)

Last edited:

l3rd

Sep 24, 2012
i have updated to 1.3 but now my home button at the bottom of the screen does not work...everything else seems great. Has anyone else had this problem
Thanks for the great work

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Flash with 1.3.
- Solved issue of BT (when put it on, 3G collapse)
- WiFi does not respond correctly (scan OK, password setted and show "SAVED, WPA2 protected" but no connection. On toolbar wifi icon is empty-black).
Good rom. It remain only wifi bug for me... different wifi card? Mine tab is a SURFER 360 MN10U (in description is showed like viewpad 10S). Anyone has it?

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
WiFi does not respond correctly (scan OK, password setted and show "SAVED, WPA2 protected" but no connection. On toolbar wifi icon is empty-black).
Good rom. It remain only wifi bug for me... different wifi card?
If this happens again just reboot your device. For some unknown reason sometimes it does not enable wifi during system startup.