[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
@ Legionnaire
Sometime I've an issue: when I put device on sleep mode 3G won't re start.
Is possible to leave it always on also when tap is in sleep mode? (example with an app like AdvancWifiLockv1.3.6.apk for wifi)

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi all,
Thank you for support!

PS: have you try also to reformat SD and reflash all? sometimes something goes wrong.
Totally agree! If you experience some unaccountably issue try to reformat the SD and reflash the ROM.

Sometime I've an issue: when I put device on sleep mode 3G won't re start.
Already fixed in the new version (v2.0 coming soon). Right now experimenting with it.

Schnubbel71

Oct 1, 2012
I've the same tablet.

I've tryed HDMI just yesterday and it works fine. Don't you see nothing or images aren't good? Have you select right input on tv? (I've got Samsung 50" with 3 HDMI)
The sound of the phone app isn't so good, yes. I use earphone also with game and video 'couse audio level is not much higher.
No GPS? Which kind of nav you use? I've Sygic and works fine (had not much precision, but it works).

PS: have you try also to reformat SD and reflash all? sometimes something goes wrong.

PP.SS: RE-THANK to Legionnaire. Every day with this tab is wonderful!

I bought last week 2 Smartbooks. I tryed before JellyPad , Vegacream and Vegabeam and Vegacomb.
On both books the HDMI doesn´t work.Screen is black , i take the right Input , maybe a bad cable ? Will try this. Is there something to activate in the book ?
GPS tested with Copilot (but copilot crashes on startup , GoogleMaps cant find sattelites and the weather App cant find sattelites.

I had formatted on both books two sdcards in Fat32 and Ext4 , instalation was no problem and works fine.
The sound is not so good , not so loud , but with the phone call I get bad noises , such like that the speakers are crazy , sounds like defect , in German we would say "knarzen,rauschen" don´t know an english word for these , speaker rushing maybe

This is on both books , on Vegacream the phone App crashes on call and on Vegabeam I had the same problem with the phone sound like in Jellypad.

when I make a photo with the camera the little picture right is shaking and when I click on it the big picture is shaking another click the picture in the Galery is ok

I miss a FM Radio App in the apps. Is there any app for this smartbook that i can use to hear radio without to be online ?

but otherwise Jellypad runs great :D

Last edited:

w84night

Oct 1, 2012
thank you Legionnaire (and also scanno) for making this awesome rom...
i recently had found vegabean and it was great... but this one is super great...
just one great problem! i think my A-Data 16GB Class 4 is useless for this rom, it's running quiet slow... everything is just look great... but loading apps and browsing internet (opera mobile) is not good as vegabean..
could everybody share their info of their sdcard and maybe a speed test by SD Tools?
mine is :
write : 3.4
read : 4.6
i've changed the cache size bye this but it wasn't good enough...

aldoc

Oct 27, 2011
Firstly, thanks for the ROM nice cook!
Installed doing the sd partitions from windows, and works really good!
I don't have any snags :)

could everybody share their info of their sdcard and maybe a speed test by SD Tools?
mine is :
write : 3.4
read : 4.6
i've changed the cache size bye this but it wasn't good enough...

write : 4.6
read : 5.6
(viewpad 10s)

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
I bought last week 2 Smartbooks. I tryed before JellyPad , Vegacream and Vegabeam and Vegacomb.
On both books the HDMI doesn´t work.Screen is black , i take the right Input , maybe a bad cable ? Will try this. Is there something to activate in the book ?
GPS tested with Copilot (but copilot crashes on startup , GoogleMaps cant find sattelites and the weather App cant find sattelites.
I had formatted on both books two sdcards in Fat32 and Ext4 , instalation was no problem and works fine.
The sound is not so good , not so loud , but with the phone call I get bad noises , such like that the speakers are crazy , sounds like defect , in German we would say "knarzen,rauschen" don´t know an english word for these , speaker rushing maybe
This is on both books , on Vegacream the phone App crashes on call and on Vegabeam I had the same problem with the phone sound like in Jellypad.
when I make a photo with the camera the little picture right is shaking and when I click on it the big picture is shaking another click the picture in the Galery is ok
I miss a FM Radio App in the apps. Is there any app for this smartbook that i can use to hear radio without to be online ?
but otherwise Jellypad runs great :D

Ok man, sound of phone is not good (unusable also with earphone) but sound of video (avi, youtube, etc...) are fine, only quietly.
HDMI not work on both tab? Mmnnn... try another cable pleaz... ;)
GPS: have you try Sygic? Signal is loud but not perfect on map. Sometime, on between way, it took me in another way!!
Have a try with photo. Don't use tab and leave it with screen off (display must be cold). Then try to make a photo... I've an idea fot this issue. Try it.
I don't remember exactly if this tab has radio module but I think no. So, if you want to listen radio, only web can give you satifaction (like Jagger).

EDIT: For photo... is an issue due to g-sensor.

Last edited:

Schnubbel71

Oct 1, 2012
Ok man, sound of phone is not good (unusable also with earphone) but sound of video (avi, youtube, etc...) are fine, only quietly.

HDMI not work on both tab? Mmnnn... try another cable pleaz... ;)
GPS: have you try Sygic? Signal is loud but not perfect on map. Sometime, on between way, it took me in another way!!
Have a try with photo. Don't use tab and leave it with screen off (display must be cold). Then try to make a photo... I've an idea fot this issue. Try it.
I don't remember exactly if this tab has radio module but I think no. So, if you want to listen radio, only web can give you satifaction (like Jagger).

EDIT: For photo... is an issue due to g-sensor.

Hello,

the photo problem is not so bad , is ok when i look the photo in galery.

The problem with the HDMI is solved , it works fine on my other TV (Samsung)

But i can´t use the phone , the sound is OK in MX Player , Music Player , all OK , but when I use the Phone i got bad sounds :confused:
The Phone sound is like an damaged Speaker
yesterday I tryed Vegabeam Beta5 and still the same problem wit the Phone sound , cant use it , very bad sounds . All other sounds are ok.

????

Thx for help

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Also for me phone has bad audio. I don't know if is an harware problem or a software ones.

Last edited:

Schnubbel71

Oct 1, 2012
Also for me phone has bad audio. I don't know if is an harware problem or a software ones.

Ok , then we have to live with that problem
But its amazing what the device now is with JellyPad . A very very nice good Tablet that work smooth.
Great work from the developers. ;)
Bought the Smartbook for 160€ and now its a great Tablet for this price
Many thanks to Legionnaire and the others who worked for it.
It`s amazing :D;)

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Cool, how stable is the rom would you suggest daily usage?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ottoman

Oct 4, 2012
Legionnaire,
Is it possible to have a CWM version of you jellypad 1.3 ?
Indeed, my viewpad 10s can just have moddedstock v1 and then after CWM rom. If I do a NVFlash, of any kind of roms, it would do blacklight but not boot....

Thanks in advance.

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
LeoP wrote:

The aim is to speed up access to the SDcard, which is much more important with INT2EXT than it was. Since I can only test with my own POV mobii and only with 2 different cards (ofcourse I own more cards, but most are from the same batch and have identical speed behaviour), i need as widespread as possible input on this.

In a terminal please run these commands:

su
echo 2048 > '/sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0/read_ahead_kb'
for FILE in /sys/devices/platform/sdhci-tegra.3/mmc_host/mmc3/mmc3\:*/block/mmcblk0/queue/nr_requests; do echo 256 > $FILE; done
(In one line)

This will be implemented in the new release (v2.1).

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Legionnaire,
Is it possible to have a CWM version of you jellypad 1.3 ?
Indeed, my viewpad 10s can just have moddedstock v1 and then after CWM rom. If I do a NVFlash, of any kind of roms, it would do blacklight but not boot....

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately I don't provide the CVM version. But from this version will be available OTA (Over-the-air) updates.

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Hi Legionnaire,
In this new rom 2.0, UMTS signal issue is solved? (when I put tab on sleep, UMTS is auto turned off)