[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
I don't know if I understand your really intent, but:

We know very well that the pad is old. And the original system is old.
But this doesn't mean that we have to install not professionally tested systems.
No one force you to do it

How to issue a rom and then announce that there is a an update will come latter ... Why you issue it without testing it very good .....
You don't have the experience then search for it ....
Every rom (also original ones) has minor bug. Only with intensive testing some issue can be discovered and solved.

We will only lose our time and our money if something happened to our machine ...
With every custom ROM there is a message that there are possible problems during flashing or using it. If you want to try it, it's in you're own risk.

I will not install any of your systems again even if I have to purchase another pad.
Replay: no-one force you to do it

I've flashed all my device from a long time due to several issue of original firmware: Motorola, Samsung, HTC, chinese devices,.... cellphone and tablet.
But only under my own risk.
A person like Legionnaire make a great work, without ask money to no one (I've ask him if has a paypal account to make a donation to improve his job but he replay telling that a thank is enought), using his free time for all of us.
In Italy we say: A caval donato, non guardare in bocca (When someone give you an horse for free, don't look inside it's mouth)

VisitntX

Oct 6, 2012
Legionnaire,

I have to give you the thanks for this ROM. I was testing the 1.3 and I had some issues with my tablet, the touchscreen became crazy all the time and there were a huge lag sometimes between a touch and the action to take place. Then I do all over again with the new 2.0 and the touchscreen is working fine (almost all the time, just recalibrate it like 2 times), no black screens of death as in other ROMs, wifi working correctly. The only problem is a little lag sometimes, but I guess is when accesing to the ext4 partition, but is really nice to have that script to use the partition for the system itself, I really love it. Now I have a really working Tablet thanks to this ROM and what is really awesome is the OTA, now we can forget to start over and over again.

So, thanks again for this huge work of yours, is really wonderful.

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Legionnaire,
I have to give you the thanks for this ROM. I was testing the 1.3 and I had some issues with my tablet, the touchscreen became crazy all the time and there were a huge lag sometimes between a touch and the action to take place. Then I do all over again with the new 2.0 and the touchscreen is working fine (almost all the time, just recalibrate it like 2 times), no black screens of death as in other ROMs, wifi working correctly. The only problem is a little lag sometimes, but I guess is when accesing to the ext4 partition, but is really nice to have that script to use the partition for the system itself, I really love it. Now I have a really working Tablet thanks to this ROM and what is really awesome is the OTA, now we can forget to start over and over again.
So, thanks again for this huge work of yours, is really wonderful.

Hi, just a question. I've 1.3 installed. To use 2.0 must I've to re-format SD and make a new installation or can I procede directly?

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
So, another 2 question :eek:...
... Doing this I'm gonna lose apk installed or not? I'm still a newbee on android.
... wifi and 3G issue solved?

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
So, another 2 question :eek:...
... Doing this I'm gonna lose apk installed or not? I'm still a newbee on android.
Yes. But you can make backup using Titanium Backup app and just restore after fresh installation.
Titanium Backup ★ root

... wifi and 3G issue solved?
3G issue is solved in new release (I forgot to fix it in the current version).
Still working on wifi issue...

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Just installed 2.0 but 3G and wifi issue are still present... minor bug for my use.

EDIT:
Strange thing happen.
The first try I've made is with wifi off: 3G, during sleep, turned off. It turn on when I turn tab on.
In the second try I've wifi on: 3G, during sleep, remain on.
Tomorrow I make other try. I don't want to turn off wifi but I must be out of range.
Good night.

Last edited:

Maximus1

Oct 7, 2012
hi legionaire,
i tested version 1.3 and now version 2.

both versions have here the same problem. the tablet is touching itself (ticking sounds) and when i try to write someting aaaaalllllll iiiiissssssss wwwwwrrrriiiiittttennnn llliiikkkeee ttttttthhhhiiiisssss
this starts after some starts and wont go away.
i have calibrated the device (shuttle tools) several times but allways some parts of the display arent working normal.

weeks ago i had to fix the display with one one the modaco firmware fixes because my tablet had problems on the complete left sie of the display with viewcomb 3.2 and all android 4 firmwares, but not with the stock firmware 1.10 from advent
does it have something to o with the new firmware? do you know what to do?

i have a smartbook surfer 360 mn10u

thanks in advance

Maximus1

Oct 7, 2012
for everyone with 3G anf WIFI problems.....

you can try this:

WiFi Fix for Android 4.x

Description

I recently found out many people in certain countries no matter what kinds of devices they're using, have issues with WiFi when SIM-Card is inserted.

I searched a little bit and realized that changing the Wifi country code in Secure system settings should solve the problem and finally made an APK for doing so automatically on phone boot and network state change events.

[APK] WiFix - Fixes regional Wi-Fi problems in Android 4.x - xda-developers

Maximus1

Oct 7, 2012
android 4 is so ****ing lame.....

so often after a clean install debuggered starts to eat my systemperformane.

after reviewing something with NFC doesnt work.

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Ok, tested.
My thinking was right. If I leave wifi always on, also 3G don't stop working when tablet goes to sleep mode.
My problem is solved. YES!

PS: I use also Advanced WIFI Lock to prevent wifi stop.

VisitntX

Oct 6, 2012
I have a question. My SD card is a Kingston HC class 4, so, shouldn't be this fast enought? Because I'm trying everything and can't speed it up, is just too slow to respond when writing to the SD, sometime really slow. For example, installing an app the pad just stop to respond for some seconds and then it start to go slow, after more seconds of use the tablet just go back to the normal speed. But when using app2sd this never happened.

PD: as I'm a linux user I used gparted to format according to how it was meant to.

eeckul

Oct 9, 2012
Hi and thanks for this rom!

I'm having a problem where the second boot (after reaching the Settings screen on the first boot) will hang forever on the JellyPad logo boot screen. My SDCard was partitioned using GParted under Ubuntu with the partitions that you mentioned, Fat32 and Ext4.

However, I am constantly getting this boot problem. I have tried rebooting in various ways: 1) Open Power menu and select "Reboot". 2) Hold "Power" until the device shuts down. 3) As soon as the Settings screen shows up, IMMEDIATELY power off.

Is there any special way to reboot the device? One time I tried avoiding the second boot and just continued into the Settings. Everything worked fine, except any time if I decide to reboot or power off the device, it doesn't turn on again. It endlessly hangs on the JellyPad boot screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks! :)