[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Got it and it is super sweet. So far so good, no bootloop and nothing else negative to report. Thanks again!!

FSKT

May 17, 2011
Hello,

I've installed the 1.2 version. Until now, everything work fine except one thing : after i sent a message (SMS) my tablet display to me : "Fermeture soudaine de l'application SMS/MMS(du processus com.android.mms). Merci de réessayer".
In english ~ "The SMS/MMS application closed(com.android.mms process). Thanks to retry"
Can you fix this?
I don't have this problem with the Indonesian releases 2.2. I retry install twice but always the same.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Hello,

I've installed the 1.2 version. Until now, everything work fine except one thing : after i sent a message (SMS) my tablet display to me : "Fermeture soudaine de l'application SMS/MMS(du processus com.android.mms). Merci de réessayer".
In english ~ "The SMS/MMS application closed(com.android.mms process). Thanks to retry"
Can you fix this?
I don't have this problem with the Indonesian releases 2.2. I retry install twice but always the same.

Stock MMS.apk is in the main post in the downloads section just flash the .zip like you did the rom!

sorry about that i haven't tested the Messaging yet.

FSKT

May 17, 2011
Thanks joenilan ! I will test this tomorow !

EDIT : Thx for the fix ! I really prefer the new interface especially the new battery icon with percentage.

Last edited:

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Framework Mod is great! I had no problem loading this up yesterday. Between 2.2, your work on this Rom and theming that has been added I could not be happier with my $250 tablet (a fraction of the cost as the higher end ones and does just about as much). Keep up the good work!

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
One thing I've noticed is a small notification sound even though I have all sounds turned off. I noticed it mostly while playing Words with friends. Anyone else hearing sounds while on mute?

Other than that one small thing, I'm very pleased with this rom.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
One thing I've noticed is a small notification sound even though I have all sounds turned off. I noticed it mostly while playing Words with friends. Anyone else hearing sounds while on mute?

Other than that one small thing, I'm very pleased with this rom.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

lol thank you, and i know exactly what your talking about. mine does it too, i believe it has something to do with the kernel... its a custom built kernel from razor950 with no mods as of yet. not sure why it does that though.

edit: btw everyone, you guys should joing us on irc
http://webchat.freenode.net/ channel: #androidtablets

for questions, comments, cm7 progress, or just to hang with us.
it's a good time

Last edited:

gmelfi

Nov 21, 2010
hi joenilan,

if i flash this over my my huawei s7-104, will i loose my 3g connection or will it still works?

regards

rwissink

May 22, 2011
HI GUYS.. PLEASE HELP!!

I got wm8650 tablet running froyo 2.2.
Tried to get Ad hoc... I replaced my original wpa_supplicant file in sytem/bin directory> Now my Wifi wont work (Im a fool for not backing it up)

I have tried every wpa_supplicant file on the internet , but they are all patched versions... I need the original unchanged file

Please can someone be so kind to send me the original: wpa_supplicant
I will greatly appreciate it

Thank You in advance

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
HI GUYS.. PLEASE HELP!!

I got wm8650 tablet running froyo 2.2.
Tried to get Ad hoc... I replaced my original wpa_supplicant file in sytem/bin directory> Now my Wifi wont work (Im a fool for not backing it up)

I have tried every wpa_supplicant file on the internet , but they are all patched versions... I need the original unchanged file

Please can someone be so kind to send me the original: wpa_supplicant
I will greatly appreciate it

Thank You in advance

I think you are in the wrong section/forums. That device is made by VIA and hot Huawei. So, I doubt anyone here would have the info you need. Check here ^_^

cryl2020

May 25, 2011
Hello everyone! I updated my ideos s7-105 in indonesia Froyo v1.0 without problems (with DLOAD installation folder on the external sd)! Currently I am not clear as to the Update on version 1.2 stable! exactly where I put the file "ideos s7 Froyo v1.2.1 stable" and how to upgrade! the procedure is not very clear for me, since I do not speak English. Google translator is not the best! thanks!

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
place the 1.2.1 update on your internal sd card, then power down, now hold Menu, Send & Power all at once to get to Clockwork Recovery, goto install update from sd card, choose the 1.2.1 update and your good to go.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
hi joenilan,

if i flash this over my my huawei s7-104, will i loose my 3g connection or will it still works?

regards

if your running 2.1 and flash this it will not work, if you've upgraded to 2.2 already, flashing this overtop should still work, but you should always wipe before installing new roms

cryl2020

May 25, 2011
place the 1.2.1 update on your internal sd card, then power down, now hold Menu, Send & Power all at once to get to Clockwork Recovery, goto install update from sd card, choose the 1.2.1 update and your good to go.
many thanks! I made it!

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Does ROM Manager work with this mod ? I really like the way this program works on my HTC.