[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

coolboy33

Jul 10, 2011
anyone plz help
when i am trying to install 1.2.1 indo rom.zip an error occured in clockworkmod E:can't mount/sdcard) help me friends..................!!!

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Ideos S7 Froyo v1.3-EXT4 Stable - Apps2sd - AVAILABLE NOWNon Apps2sd version coming soon.as for data2ext i haven't figured that part out yet, going to need to ask tri_zet for help :p
for data2emmc/data2ext:- on the boot.img side you need everything from slim boot.img (init, init.rc etc). and repack with kernel supporting ext4 file system.or you can simply use my latest boot.img, i have added cifs and ntfs support built in to the kernel.- on the system side you need /system/bin/data2emmc and /system/bin/mkfs.ext4 from slim system. if using slim system as base, the files already there, so you need boot.img only.notes: data2emmc initialize on first boot, so you will need to erase cache and userdata to make it work.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
for data2emmc/data2ext:- on the boot.img side you need everything from slim boot.img (init, init.rc etc). and repack with kernel supporting ext4 file system.or you can simply use my latest boot.img, i have added cifs and ntfs support built in to the kernel.- on the system side you need /system/bin/data2emmc and /system/bin/mkfs.ext4 from slim system. if using slim system as base, the files already there, so you need boot.img only.notes: data2emmc initialize on first boot, so you will need to erase cache and userdata to make it work.

thank you! the 2 files in /system/bin/ was the only thing i was missing haha, i knew there was something else i was missing, i'll try it and report back.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
thank you! the 2 files in /system/bin/ was the only thing i was missing haha, i knew there was something else i was missing, i'll try it and report back.

Well, used your boot.img (your kernel), your recovery.img and the data2emmc & mkfs.ex4 file from your rom

it's still not showing up, and i've noticed, i included netflix.apk in my rom and it's gone, so i'm assuming it moved to ext4 but it's not being mounted, i also don't see my sd-ext when i type "mount" or "df" in terminal.

i also may try re-basing it off the south african rom.

any clues?

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
did you take kernel only or complete boot.img?

for mounting data2emmc partition is done by some files inside ramdisk.

for initializing data2emmc is done by some files inside ramdisk and some files in system partition.

if you are using my complete my boot.img and still not working, then it still missing some files for system partition. perhaps some binary or script.
also other possibilities, perhaps data2emmc binary didn't work for s7-classic system.

i will take a look the files if i have some times.

edit: try to execute data2emmc using terminal emulator as root
# /system/bin/data2emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

in my case it will not executed because mmcblk0p2 already mounted. but it starts mke2fs.

i guess you need mke2fs and mkfs.ext2 from /system/xbin/

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Tapatalk

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
did you take kernel only or complete boot.img?

for mounting data2emmc partition is done by some files inside ramdisk.

for initializing data2emmc is done by some files inside ramdisk and some files in system partition.

if you are using my complete my boot.img and still not working, then it still missing some files for system partition. perhaps some binary or script.
also other possibilities, perhaps data2emmc binary didn't work for s7-classic system.

i will take a look the files if i have some times.

edit: try to execute data2emmc using terminal emulator as root
# /system/bin/data2emmc /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

in my case it will not executed because mmcblk0p2 already mounted. but it starts mke2fs.

i guess you need mke2fs and mkfs.ext2 from /system/xbin/

i took complete boot image, but no worries, i just re-based my rom from the south african one and everything works, showing 0.99GB free in my info.
thanks for all the help!

Ideos S7 Froyo v1.3-EXT4-SA Data2ext Released

kevinchg

Aug 14, 2011
joenilan, this's a great rom to help our S7 work well,
I've done it and everything runs well in these days,
but however ,one left , I cannot make CIFS mount work,
use CIFS manager to mount share always fail ,
look into module folder, no cifs.ko , ???
could you tell me how do you make CIFS mount work ?
appreciate....

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
there is no cifs.ko module, i compile cifs built in to kernel.

take a look my thread (see my signature below) how to use cifs.

kevinchg

Aug 14, 2011
there is no cifs.ko module, i compile cifs built in to kernel.

take a look my thread (see my signature below) how to use cifs.

bump....:confused:

I've seen your instruction before I try already, and get fail,
I used to be successful on my another HTC HD2 with MOD ROM,
anyway, I'll reinstall and try again the report ,
thanks again , both...
:)

kevinchg

Aug 14, 2011
After reinstall and try , I still got fail, and my HD2 always successful, same APP version, same setting,
except my HD2 not built-in cifs.ko,
Very Strange...

$RIMG0036.JPG$RIMG0034.JPG

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Hey joenilan.another great rom
Thanks.

Backed up with titanium all good.
Snappy.fast.smooth.

Love adw.using spb shell as well and it runs great.

Battery life comparable to Indo.

Very low internal memory even with link2SD any tips?
Like 45 MB compared with 100 with same setup and apps on Indonesian.

60 + apps installed and no problems so far..

Love it!!!

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
i am not sure what's the problem because this kernel (cifs) working fine on my ROM. perhaps joe or somebody else using this rom can verify cifs mount. if it is not working then joe has something to do to his rom.

mrkrad

Jul 21, 2011
what do you use to format ext4?

Why don't you check for Ext2 (easeus doesn't support ext4) and then format that as EXT4 - or format the 2nd primary partition as EXT4 for us.

Is there another free app to do this?