[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

co0led

Aug 20, 2011
how do i update via USB?

btw.. do this have the multitouch issue on 105 ver fixed (the issue is that the Y coordinate is beeing applied to the wrong finger when the left finger is at a lower position then the right finger (it is NOT the same problem of Nexus one....)

thanks!

Cocobean

May 5, 2011
Did that...

Went:
Stock.
Indonesian
Froyofusion
Singapore
Indonesian
Current joenilan. Rom.

Looks like flash eclair..indo etc from scratch?

The things we do for free mhz..lol

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

XpiderMX

Jul 22, 2011
I'm having some issues with some apps becoming unresponsive for a second or two. Is this normal? And battery life is too short.

Nada

Aug 22, 2011
Thanks for the rom Joe
can we delete etc/cd.iso? 25mo
and what the difference between the recovery in the archive and the other in the first post.(Download THIS to flash the new recovery for you.)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Thanks for the rom Joe
can we delete etc/cd.iso? 25mo
and what the difference between the recovery in the archive and the other in the first post.(Download THIS to flash the new recovery for you.)

not sure what /etc/cd.iso is, it was something that came with the s7 slim rom, i'll look into it.

and the differrence between the recoveries is that, the one packed with the rom supports ext4, if you flash the other one and continue using my rom, you won't be able to format your sd-ext from within CWM

Last edited:

Nada

Aug 22, 2011
cd.iso is a cd image for installing Hisuite and s7 drivers
For recovery, upgrade.cmd dont work on my computer i use the link in the post(*Now using ext4, Format your ext2 partition to ext4 also, you need to flash a new CWM Recovery that tri_zet modded for ext4 Download THIS to flash the new recovery for you.).
it seems to work.

Ty

Last edited:

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
I´ve Flashed the Rom Ideos S7 Froyo v1.3-EXT4 Stable - Data2emmc/Data2ext4 on my S7-101 (A1) model.
It looks good and fast, i don´t need the Cam Fix it works from beginning and the g-sensor works also good in all my testet Games who dosn´t work befor (Raging Thunder2 Lite, Tom Clancy Hawx and some other)
GPS Works Good (Testet with Navigon)
Bluetooth not Testet yet

But some things i found
- upperleft soft back button is invisible
- on some Textfields (to write) can i see only the half text
- Raging Thunder2 lite run now with g-sensor but the GPU Performance is not smooth as befor
- the cell is empty after 2h with wlan
- light sensor no function
- compas no function

I like the Rom and i will try more, hope you can fix some things.

Can i reinstall the Org. Huawei Launcher? is there a .apk aviable?

BR

Last edited:

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
Was playing with the CIFS support this morning. I got the "No Such Device" error and went looking in the system/modules for cifs.ko (only because that's where CIFS manager suggests) - it wasn't there. I had a copy from a while ago and installed it in that folder, rebooted to no avail. I didn't set permissions, however.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Was playing with the CIFS support this morning. I got the "No Such Device" error and went looking in the system/modules for cifs.ko (only because that's where CIFS manager suggests) - it wasn't there. I had a copy from a while ago and installed it in that folder, rebooted to no avail. I didn't set permissions, however.

cifs is enabled into the kernel so no need for cifs.ko, but i haven't been able to run it either, i've also tried cifs.ko, no success there either, not sure why it's not working in my rom, will have to wait until next release.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I´ve Flashed the Rom Ideos S7 Froyo v1.3-EXT4 Stable - Data2emmc/Data2ext4 on my S7-101 (A1) model.
It looks good and fast, i don´t need the Cam Fix it works from beginning and the g-sensor works also good in all my testet Games who dosn´t work befor (Raging Thunder2 Lite, Tom Clancy Hawx and some other)
GPS Works Good (Testet with Navigon)
Bluetooth not Testet yet

But some things i found
- upperleft soft back button is invisible
- on some Textfields (to write) can i see only the half text
- Raging Thunder2 lite run now with g-sensor but the GPU Performance is not smooth as befor
- the cell is empty after 2h with wlan
- light sensor no function
- compas no function

I like the Rom and i will try more, hope you can fix some things.

Can i reinstall the Org. Huawei Launcher? is there a .apk aviable?

BR

Back button invisible, and half font issue is a theme bug, well the invisible arrow is a feature zxhian did to his framework mod, if you want i can make a flashable zip version to fix this for you. or if you want the stock framework i can also do that for anybody that wants it, let me know.

as for the light sensor and compass i'll have to look into, i don't use these much, and i never noticed a light sensor problem.

for the launcher, i'll have to pull it from the stock build and upload it for you, but short answer, yes, you can install the stock launcher.

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
Back button invisible, and half font issue is a theme bug, well the invisible arrow is a feature zxhian did to his framework mod, if you want i can make a flashable zip version to fix this for you. or if you want the stock framework i can also do that for anybody that wants it, let me know.

as for the light sensor and compass i'll have to look into, i don't use these much, and i never noticed a light sensor problem.

for the launcher, i'll have to pull it from the stock build and upload it for you, but short answer, yes, you can install the stock launcher.

I like the stock Framework and Launcher, would be nice if you can do it to make a easy zip file.

At the moment i´ve flashed back to stock indo rom and installed the g-sensor fix. It works good but on your nice rom run more games with g-sensor why?
Raging Thunder2 run with no probs on both roms but Tom Clancy Hawx i can play only on your rom. Have you modded the g-sensor fix?

BR
**edit
Is the Kernel free for Overclocking?
I installed SetCpu and Cpu Master but i can only set it to max. 798mhz.

Last edited:

weewopx

Aug 21, 2011
hi joenilan,

while i was trying to flash the rom IDEOS S7 FROYO V1.3, like you explain in this file :

"Hey everybody, this is the little instruction file so that you don't mess anything up.
BEFORE ANYTHING. FORMAT YOUR ext2 partition to ext4 using gparted or easeus partition manager.
-Copy Ideos_S7_Froyo-v1.3-EXT4-SA.zip (while on android) to your sdcard first! (very important)
-Make sure to backup anything you want to keep! The upgrade.cmd file will help you with that
also when you get to that step.
-Power off your tablet and enter Clockworkmod Recovery my holding Menu+Send+Power
-Wipe Data/Factory Reset
-Wipe Cache
-Advanced>Wipe Dalvik
-Mounts and Storage, Mount & Format everything except /sdcard
(Note: /sd-ext will throw you an error, this is normal)
-Install zip from sd card & select Ideos_S7_Froyo-v1.3-EXT4.zip

-Reboot.

-After 2 Reboots, let the rom load then run Upgrade.cmd and follow instructions for
Flashing ClockworkMOD-EXT4 Recovery.img (This will flash a version of ClockworkMod was repacked
by tri_zet to allow ext4 partitions to be used for sd-ext, if you don't flash this you will be
unable to format your sd-ext partition and it will throw you an error)
-Enjoy
any questions or problems reply in the androidtablets.net forum, or come over to
joenilan.com and leave some comments there.
thanks!"

i had a brain stop, and i format the SDCARD. so now like you can imagine, i don´t have nothing to flash, not even the clockworkmod to enter into recovery.

can you help me???

im stuck in a sreen that says :

Enter into fastboot mode
you can press HOME+BACK to reboot device

if someone else could help me too..

Thanks

Last edited:

nightchild79

Jun 30, 2011
Hope i can Help to reboot your Brain ;)

1. Start your Tablet into Android
2. Enable USB DEBUGGING (in Setting/Apps/Development
3. Connect Your Pad with PC over USB Cable
3. Copy "Ideos_S7_Froyo-v1.3 xxx.zip" to your SD Card
4. Launch the "upgrade.cmd" in the Package
5. now Opens a new Windows with CMD Console, choice a Step what you need (Install Driver, Hi Suite or Flash CWM)
6. when you Chose [C] for CWM follow the steps in CMD
7. is your PAD rebooted, now you can enter in Recovery Mode (CWM) with [Hold Menu + Send and Power Button]
8. now follow the Steps in the ReadMe file

Hope i have help you with my Bad English

BR

weewopx

Aug 21, 2011
Hope i can Help to reboot your Brain ;)

1. Start your Tablet into Android
2. Enable USB DEBUGGING (in Setting/Apps/Development
3. Connect Your Pad with PC over USB Cable
3. Copy "Ideos_S7_Froyo-v1.3 xxx.zip" to your SD Card
4. Launch the "upgrade.cmd" in the Package
5. now Opens a new Windows with CMD Console, choice a Step what you need (Install Driver, Hi Suite or Flash CWM)
6. when you Chose [C] for CWM follow the steps in CMD
7. is your PAD rebooted, now you can enter in Recovery Mode (CWM) with [Hold Menu + Send and Power Button]
8. now follow the Steps in the ReadMe file

Hope i have help you with my Bad English

BR

the thing is i can´t start my tablet on android... i´m stuck on this screen:

Enter into fastboot mode
you can press HOME + BACK to reboot device.

and i can´t get out of it.

by the way ( sorry about this question :) ) which one is the "send button"???

and i format my SDCARD so i don´t have the CWM instaled...

Last edited: