[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

clutch1222

Apr 18, 2011
Looks like mac address not registering. No mac, no wifi :( any ideas on why its not registering

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Android Tablet Forum

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Hey thanks that makes sense but even editing normal .pngs still make it boot loop. By the way the rom is looking nice keep up the good work.
And just a suggestion you should try VTL launcher for the default launcher. its like ADW but in landscape for tablets.

i've tried it, i'm not really a fan. and thanks for the comments.

for the bootloops are you using the deodexed version?

anybody know about adding Apps2sd with this? an app? written script?
the apps2sd that is on froyo does a good job until your /data/ partition gets filled because of dalvik....
kind of a problem if you have a bunch of apps. if anybody could help! thank you!

Last edited:

chan143

Dec 30, 2010
ok i am also having the problems with wifi. what type of network do you have, is it secure with what? wep, wep2. is it open. is it hidden? these all may be something the developers need to know. mine is hidden and is protected by WEP.

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
Looks like mac address not registering. No mac, no wifi :( any ideas on why its not registering

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Android Tablet Forum

Exactly! I noticed there was no Mac address to. I don't know why I didn't mention that before.

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Android Tablet Forum

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
just got my wifi working on this! im loving it! thanks you guys, lets stay together and make more improvements on this rom! looks amazing!

chan143

Dec 30, 2010
How did you do it?

i would also love to figure out how you did it? did you get an app that changes your mac address, then send it to the SD card, install it and, chance the mac address. or what. because im stuck. im going to try to find an app that gives me a random mac address and replaces it. thanks. one thing we could do, which may be a little hard. would be having the devolopers give every rom the same Mac address. then we would have to try to figure out our old one and replace it in terminal. does anyone know any codes to changing the mac address on terminal emulator? if so please to say, or PM me.

Who Dat

Dec 2, 2010
well you might want to enlighten everyone as to how/what you did to make it work, if it is indeed working.

just got my wifi working on this! im loving it! thanks you guys, lets stay together and make more improvements on this rom! looks amazing!

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
right now wifi is work very fine, i dont have to change anything, i can make a video to show you guys, i will make more tests and post the results...

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
right now wifi is work very fine, i dont have to change anything, i can make a video to show you guys, i will make more tests and post the results...

exactly, mine works right out the door, no changes... we need an error output for you guys not being able to get wifi