[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

Apr 26, 2011
Is there any particular reason that using this rom would cause my wifi to quit after a few hours? I have the bestbuy s7.... Everything worked great at first then all of a sudden my wifi greys out. turn it back on, watch it scan for about 30 seconds and then shuts itself off again?

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Is there any particular reason that using this rom would cause my wifi to quit after a few hours? I have the bestbuy s7.... Everything worked great at first then all of a sudden my wifi greys out. turn it back on, watch it scan for about 30 seconds and then shuts itself off again?

Not that I've heard of yet. Very weird... anyone else having the same problem?

I also have the best buy s7 and haven't had any wifi problems yet.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Its mainly for themers and people that edit apks
Odexed - each system apk file has an .odex file that it uses to store things to speed up the processing.

Deodexed - removes the .odex file and combines them into the apk making it editable not much of a performance difference.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

boatpc

Apr 23, 2011
I did a similar thing to mine. the s7 attached to win7 lappy didnt read the card, nor did the s7, i removed the sim , place into usb card reader and used easeus to reformat
Thank you very much for your help!
Right now, I can't get anything to recognize that it exists so that I can format it. File manager reports that there is no card present and there is no option to mount it. When connected to Win7, it reports that there is no disk in the removable drive. When I ask CWM recovery to format the internal card it indicates that it works successfully but that does not help. I (obviously) have CWM installed and it has been rooted.

detriod

Apr 20, 2011
joenilan, i cant seems to be able to download de files u provided. can u upload to other server ? thnx :) and thnx for ur work too :)

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I can say that flash player works great, I was watching a few things last night in the browser. However I don't think the pinch to zoom is working (I didn't think it could on the restive screen) as when I touch the screen in the browser it will give me a plus and minus icon to zoom in and out with.

Also to the Wifi issue earlier I have not seen that issue at all.

DodgeBullets

Apr 23, 2011
I can say that flash player works great, I was watching a few things last night in the browser. However I don't think the pinch to zoom is working (I didn't think it could on the restive screen) as when I touch the screen in the browser it will give me a plus and minus icon to zoom in and out with.

There is also a version with capacitive screen!

Anyone with a capacitive screen can confirm if the pinch too zoom is working!!??

Apr 26, 2011
I have the wifi working after I reflashed everything. I may have done something wrong, but I was a bit concerned as my s7 seems to run a bit warmer after the update. Will update further if I have any more issues.

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
Installation Instructions:
Flash First!
Located here: Froyo Android 2.2.2 Indonesian Updata

then you flash this!
New Recovery: CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane

1. Copy to INTERNAL sd card
2. Wipe/Data Factory Reset
3. flash with Clockworkmod

ROM REBOOTS AFTER FIRST BOOT

Having some trouble getting this going - downloaded the 2.2.2 update, flashed it, up and running, did the recovery.img using the tri_zet tool, downloaded the 1.0 stable Apps2Sd, and copied zip file to internal card, booted into CWM, did the wipes, and selected zip from SD card, pointed to your zip, and got errors and installation aborted. Should I have unzipped and moved the resulting file to internal SD or another error on my part. Sorry, serious noob here with my familiarity in flashing being with the g tab ROMs. Thanks for any suggestions.

detriod

Apr 20, 2011
joenilan, thnx for de hard work :D . ok, i reporting something now :

PROS:
-Downloading on some 3rd party Market was fast
-CPU was set Extra 000.4MHZ more :D

CONS:
- Quadrant Standard doesnt working well on it anymore after install this rom. Used to work well b4 tat
- de battery area more hot than usual

Model : S7-104 ( Singapore M1 Telecom )

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
joenilan, thnx for de hard work :D . ok, i reporting something now :

PROS:
-Downloading on some 3rd party Market was fast
-CPU was set Extra 000.4MHZ more :D

CONS:
- Quadrant Standard doesnt working well on it anymore after install this rom. Used to work well b4 tat
- de battery area more hot than usual

Model : S7-104 ( Singapore M1 Telecom )

for quadrant i noticed this too, it's something with quadrant and the accelerometer, before opening quadrant make sure u hold the phone in portrait mode, then load quadrant and keep with that way until it's finished... this solved any quadrant errors. as for the battery i've been running at 998mhz since 12:15pm and it's now 2:13... music playing, wifi on, data enabled, Live Wallpaper, and WIDGETS that continuously refresh... it's at... 68% and it's now 2:14pm. as for your battery getting hot, try closing some programs that run in the background, i noticed alot of processes stay open on the S7, just close unneeded things with the notification task killer

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Installation Instructions:
Flash First!
Located here: Froyo Android 2.2.2 Indonesian Updata

then you flash this!
New Recovery: CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane

1. Copy to INTERNAL sd card
2. Wipe/Data Factory Reset
3. flash with Clockworkmod

ROM REBOOTS AFTER FIRST BOOT

Having some trouble getting this going - downloaded the 2.2.2 update, flashed it, up and running, did the recovery.img using the tri_zet tool, downloaded the 1.0 stable Apps2Sd, and copied zip file to internal card, booted into CWM, did the wipes, and selected zip from SD card, pointed to your zip, and got errors and installation aborted. Should I have unzipped and moved the resulting file to internal SD or another error on my part. Sorry, serious noob here with my familiarity in flashing being with the g tab ROMs. Thanks for any suggestions.

sounds like a corrupt download to me or it copied to the Internal SD bad, try re-downloading and copying to your sd card.