[ROM] KKMod GB ROM for 8" IMX515 - v2.3.4

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
Used Rom kit 1 did "adb shell wipe data" restarted and it's working fine now my wireless isnt working here at work going to try the WPA_fix later to try and get the adhoc connection to work. Thanks for your help!!!

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
sorry becaus not telling my laest information... i also done a wipe shell data and my tablet is ok now.... however killerkink do you have updated newer ssytem.img yesterday?

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
but killerkink, i have tried edit the build prop file to correct g sensor problem... but the display not turn correctly when i turned the tablet downwards(which is the back button at the left side of the tablet)... the other display turn correctly when i turn the tablet left inverted or right inverted... i hope you understand what i mentioned to you about my problem i hope you can correct it....

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
Used Rom kit 1 did "adb shell wipe data" restarted and it's working fine now my wireless isnt working here at work going to try the WPA_fix later to try and get the adhoc connection to work. Thanks for your help!!!

No luck with ad hoc connection. Probably something Im doing wrong Im sure.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
BETA 3 release.

but killerkink, i have tried edit the build prop file to correct g sensor problem... but the display not turn correctly when i turned the tablet downwards(which is the back button at the left side of the tablet)... the other display turn correctly when i turn the tablet left inverted or right inverted... i hope you understand what i mentioned to you about my problem i hope you can correct it....
fixed in Beta 3.

No luck with ad hoc connection. Probably something Im doing wrong Im sure.

Will check out wifi adhoc when I have the chance. my notebook hung when setting up ad-hoc.

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
BETA 3 release.

fixed in Beta 3.

Will check out wifi adhoc when I have the chance. my notebook hung when setting up ad-hoc.

I'm going to get on my wi-fi get my apps back back up then flash beta 3 I'm just glad somebody is working on this tablet wish I knew more about writing roms and bug fixes. Thanks again for the work!!!!

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
( Beta 3 )Well for some reason the date and time aren't sticking on my tab I have to reset them on reboot. Facebook and twitter arent showing up in market that may be a market issue. I'll dig into that one here when I can.Boottime is super fast screen seems to react probably as well as it can. I'll mess with it more as time permits and give you feed back.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
( Beta 3 )Well for some reason the date and time aren't sticking on my tab I have to reset them on reboot. Facebook and twitter arent showing up in market that may be a market issue. I'll dig into that one here when I can.Boottime is super fast screen seems to react probably as well as it can. I'll mess with it more as time permits and give you feed back.

You should not have an issue after the initial time set. This is actually necessary due to kernel issue which unfortunately, no available properly working kernel source codes to work on.

Actually, the new market has a tighter restriction in which application that is not 'compatible' does not get listed. This need to be fixed by presenting the 'correct' tablet capabilities to google checkin. Another solution is to put back the old market.

There is a couple of tweaks for faster boot and also the less applications that you have, the faster that it will boot up.

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
My usb Bluetooth Adapter no longer works Bluetooth won't even turn on. I was running [h=2][ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)[/h] before I flashed this rom. It would connect to ad hoc blue tooth worked not sure if its any help.

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
My usb Bluetooth Adapter no longer works Bluetooth won't even turn on. I was running [ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)

before I flashed this rom. It would connect to ad hoc blue tooth worked not sure if its any help.

That's kind of weird as Bluetooth is the thing that I tried fixing. It definitely should be able to turn on.

use OS Monitor and take a snapshot(export) of the logcat.

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
That's kind of weird as Bluetooth is the thing that I tried fixing. It definitely should be able to turn on.

use OS Monitor and take a snapshot(export) of the logcat.

I put my tablet away right now ( I'm at work Lol) I will look at os monitor and try to send you what you need asap.
Thanks.

mmcqueary70

Mar 15, 2011
I just tried for the heck of it to send a picture via Blue tooth just to see if it would turn on it said can't use bluetooth while in airplane mode I'm not in airplane mode ? Wi-fi is on ( not connected as wi-fi at my work is down) Still trying to figure out what you need from OS monitor. I took an export of the log cat file will try to post it here probably tonight sometime.

Last edited:

afadli99

Aug 17, 2011
market need to be fixed....however i really sastisfied because i can download all application in the market without stuck at "downloading" in older rom.... however new market just lack same apps like facebook... and i have one question... is all bluetooth dongle works with the tablet?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I just tried for the heck of it to send a picture via Blue tooth just to see if it would turn on it said can't use bluetooth while in airplane mode I'm not in airplane mode ? Wi-fi is on ( not connected as wi-fi at my work is down) Still trying to figure out what you need from OS monitor. I took an export of the log cat file will try to post it here probably tonight sometime.

Go to settings->Wireless and network to make sure that Airplane mode is not turn on.

I just realised that I did not put in the date correction tweak in by default. You need to add kkmod.datecorrection.enable=1 into the build.prop

Last edited: