[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Still not a lot to report, except that the sensors are fully working, but not in the latest test build (I forgot to rename /vendor/lib/hw/gps.tegra.so to gps.tegra3.so). Other than that, I'm cleaning up my code.

I'm seeing some nice nougat activity for other tegra3 devices ;-) Am not yet there myself, but it seems within reach!

Phil24701

Nov 22, 2014
Thanks for all your work on this ROM. It's just awesome. It really breathed new life into my old tablet!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hey all, just a quick question - can anyone check autobrightness on the 2017-03-04 build (not the later test build)?

I've noticed that on all my recent builds, autobrightness doesn't work until the light sensor registers some light...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hmm... Okay. Well, at least that means that my latest private builds don't cause any regressions. I've made some quite structural kernel changes, hence my question.

Thanks for testing!

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
I find strange bug - after use tablet a couple days, no free RAM (lag and freeze). Help only reboot. Cash and dalvic wiped, no result.
Can anybody confirm?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I find strange bug - after use tablet a couple days, no free RAM (lag and freeze). Help only reboot. Cash and dalvic wiped, no result.
Can anybody confirm?
Do you have something in /proc/last_kmsg ? If so, please share!

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Hmmm... Indeed, that's a very long kernel log saying that it's trying kill tasks. But it isn't working, then there's a whole slew of messages indicating that suspend is failing, and finally some messages suggesting a failure in disk journalling. Unfortunately, this is not something that I can help with... Anyone else get the same thing?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
In all probability, this is the definitive lineageos marshmallow build:

lineage-13.0-20170528-UNOFFICIAL-a2109.zip

MD5: 5d099c4c783d480c43dc52f3b16a7ee6
Autobrightness bug is mostly fixed, it does still need some exposure to light after boot, but after that it just seems to work. Other than that, I don't think we've lost any features compared to stock, and we gained many as well. This build is on feature parity with grouper lollipop / marshmallow.

Please give it a whirl, and I'll update the first page later. If no problems, then nougat is the next step.

In the meantime, I am still working on AOSP (UnlegacyAndroid), and I think I'm almost there as well. In fact, I've been using loads of their work for this lineageos build, and they've gone to great lengths to help me out with improving my kernel patches, selinux rules, and device tree. It's never been cleaner than this. In fact, I currently can use the unlegacy android kernel repo instead of my own one!

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
In all probability, this is the definitive lineageos marshmallow build:

MD5: 5d099c4c783d480c43dc52f3b16a7ee6
Autobrightness bug is mostly fixed, it does still need some exposure to light after boot, but after that it just seems to work. Other than that, I don't think we've lost any features compared to stock, and we gained many as well. This build is on feature parity with grouper lollipop / marshmallow.

Please give it a whirl, and I'll update the first page later. If no problems, then nougat is the next step.

In the meantime, I am still working on AOSP (UnlegacyAndroid), and I think I'm almost there as well. In fact, I've been using loads of their work for this lineageos build, and they've gone to great lengths to help me out with improving my kernel patches, selinux rules, and device tree. It's never been cleaner than this. In fact, I currently can use the unlegacy android kernel repo instead of my own one!
Thanks.
I don't know what's new but all4 app has started working.

Early days but no problems ATM.

joebine

Jan 14, 2015

I install this build over the last one. It update without problem but I had to reboot after installation because no apps was working and I didn't have deep sleep.

after the reboot, everything was OK.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
OK!!! Those interested in nigh unadultered AOSP should find a nice treat over here:

Unlegacy Android - Downloads

This is unlegacy android. My sources are now included in their repositories, and marshmallow is included in their weekly build. Too much work to elaborate right now. Install as usual, but be sure to do a fully clean install if you upgrade from cyanogen / lineage or stock.

@scissors99 thanks for the coffee!