[ROM][6.0.1] Unlegacy Android 6.0.1/Lineage-13.0 For A2109 [2017-05-28]

scissors99

Jun 25, 2016
thought i'd give it a try. Firstly all my apps were left intact!
:)
second, at the moment this is about 10 times less clunky/freezy than the version 5!!!

One bug spotted (but might be already known), screen lock button. Locked in portrait. but coming out of sleep screen reverts to landscape (during PIN input) but then jumps to portrait.

FANTASTIC WORK!

question. I put the zip and the gaapps pico zip on my sd card. If I was to adopt this, then re-add the files, would CWM see the adopted memory, should it be needed for re-install? Or would taking the card our and formatting it FAT32 and reinstalling be required?

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
HERE WE GO! This is not a test build :cool:

I install the new build (lineage-13.0-20170302-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip) after wiping dalvik cache and format system with openGapps pico (The Open GApps Project) and superSU 2.79 (Recovery Flashable.zip).

Everything install without problem and it run smoothly and fast. Bluetooth audio is working OK.

The only problem I had is when the battery when below 15%, I try to plug my charger and the tablet had shut down. I had to hold power button for 20 seconds to made the tablet start again.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I install the new build (lineage-13.0-20170302-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip) after wiping dalvik cache and format system with openGapps pico (The Open GApps Project) and superSU 2.79 (Recovery Flashable.zip).

Everything install without problem and it run smoothly and fast. Bluetooth audio is working OK.

The only problem I had is when the battery when below 15%, I try to plug my charger and the tablet had shut down. I had to hold power button for 20 seconds to made the tablet start again.

Did you get the contents of /proc/last_kmsg? Would possibly help. I thought I had fixed the USB issues...

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
thought i'd give it a try. Firstly all my apps were left intact!
:)
second, at the moment this is about 10 times less clunky/freezy than the version 5!!!

One bug spotted (but might be already known), screen lock button. Locked in portrait. but coming out of sleep screen reverts to landscape (during PIN input) but then jumps to portrait.

FANTASTIC WORK!

question. I put the zip and the gaapps pico zip on my sd card. If I was to adopt this, then re-add the files, would CWM see the adopted memory, should it be needed for re-install? Or would taking the card our and formatting it FAT32 and reinstalling be required?
First, thanks!!! I upgraded my second tablet straight from Lollipop too, today. No more frustrations using chrome!

Regarding adopted storage - neither cwm nor twrp will know about, we really need a newer recovery for that.

D

Deleted member 217101

PJBrs, I'd be glad to buy you a couple cups of coffee for the hard work, if I can get paypal to stop asking for a province (which I don't have) even though it doesn't give me a place to enter one. Do you use bitcoin or gridcoin at all?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
PJBrs, I'd be glad to buy you a couple cups of coffee for the hard work, if I can get paypal to stop asking for a province (which I don't have) even though it doesn't give me a place to enter one. Do you use bitcoin or gridcoin at all?
Dear @kastuu, that would of course be appreciated! I have a page with a paypal donation button. I hope it won't ask for your province. Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to do without some prime coffee ;)

D

Deleted member 217101

That's the link I tried to use. When I enter all the info, click "donatie controleren en doorgaan", and answer the captcha, Paypal says, "Provincie: voer een geldige waarde in voor Provincie". There are only places for
Land:
Voornaam:
Achternaam:
Kaartnummer:
Betaaltype:
Vervaldatum:
CSC:
Factuuradres regel 1:
Factuuradres regel 2: (optioneel)
Postcode:
E-mail:
Maybe it is expecting to find a valid province in the Netherlands, perhaps in the Woonplaats field. If anyone has donated successfully from the states and has some tips, please share. Otherwise, I would have to create a paypal account to donate by email address :(

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
Did you get the contents of /proc/last_kmsg? Would possibly help. I thought I had fixed the USB issues...

There is no last_kmsg in proc...

By the way, deepsleep seams working well now. Good work

Last edited:

medipy5

Mar 6, 2017
hello, are you still working on roms for this tablet, i just buy one, and tried on my tablet, works, well but some times, get freeze, there is going to be more new rooms? thanks for your job

Reidless

Nov 14, 2016
hello, are you still working on roms for this tablet, i just buy one, and tried on my tablet, works, well but some times, get freeze, there is going to be more new rooms? thanks for your job

If you check this thread you will see updated Marshmallow roms built by PJBrs and instructions on how to install them. I believe the stock rom that came with the tablet was KitKat, so Marshmallow is a big upgrade.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014

Welcome to the forum! Did you just upgrade to Marshmallow? If so, did you wipe cache and dalvik cache first? If not, then please try that first. If you did, then you might want to try a factory reset and a reinstall (watch out, you will lose your data).

I'm currently working on refining Marshmallow - I've backported many kernel security patches (still have a lot to go as well) and I'm considering to build twrp. After that, well, Nougat might be feasible as well, I never thought we'd come this far anyway :)

If you check this thread you will see updated Marshmallow roms built by PJBrs and instructions on how to install them. I believe the stock rom that came with the tablet was KitKat, so Marshmallow is a big upgrade.

Initial stock was a lot older still - Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4, and only one update, to JellyBean 4.1.1. The builds I did were JB-4.1.2, JB 4.2.2, KitKat 4.4.4, Lollipop 5.1.1 and now Marshmallow 6.0.1.

There is no last_kmsg in proc...

By the way, deepsleep seams working well now. Good work

That seems good. And thanks :) However, i do have a deep sleep issue right now, as we speak, on one of my tablets... So, all is quite well but not completely well. I hope it's some app misbehaving, i fear it's the kernel.

madlac

Mar 7, 2017
Thank you for your had work! Just updated to your latest release and I'm missing root for apps, only have Disabled and ADB, any ideas? I need root to install Teamviewer Host into /system/app.Thx

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Thank you for your had work! Just updated to your latest release and I'm missing root for apps, only have Disabled and ADB, any ideas? I need root to install Teamviewer Host into /system/app.Thx

I don't know how to root LineageOs, but I'm sure you can Google it somewhere. I know some of the forum members here root their tablets, perhaps someone else can help you out.

If it's only one app you need to install, I think it might work if you install it as a system app. To do so, first install it as a regular app, and then move it from the data partition to the system partition. Using adb, it would be something like:

Code:
adb root
adb remount
adb shell
mv /data/app/[installfolder of the app you want to mv] /system/priv-app
reboot

See here: How do I properly install a system app given its .apk?

Reidless

Nov 14, 2016
I was able to obtain Root with the SU that Joe Bine posted. I was unable to obtain it with a previous "newer version" of SU (SU 3.1?) that I had from the last thread.

I do still have issues with apps accessing the camera. I was using MacroDroid with root and set a macro to take a picture with both cameras if someone failed to login after 3 attempts. When using this automation script the MacroDroid app plays a sound then the app fails as it is trying to take a picture. PhotoMath app still states there is an unsupported camera because it is not auto focus. And lastly the built in camera app has been having some issues. The app errors out when switching from front to back or back to front (but will start up the next time with the camera selected before failing). After testing this a couple of times, the camera app wont start up. It has a green screen and gives an error (Camera Error: Can't connect to the camera.)