ROM Manager and CM7 - Stable and Available

BrianHanifin

Mar 24, 2011
7.0.2 is out! It appears the cpu had been more fully utilized! Benchmark scores are kicking butt now.

I have heard pershoot's over clocked kernel is the default now.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
2174 overclocked to 1200 running 7.0.2. Really nice changes and updates on performance.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

mus

Mar 7, 2011
i installed this app and it worked pretty good but the gapps zip caused my gtab to stay on the boot screen so I installed the harmony zip to try out. I will retry this on the next build.

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
Still has issues with bluetooth and the amazon cloud music app. Still curious if its a hardware or kernal issue I just don't feel like going back to stock to find out.

rgc6789

Apr 8, 2011
Still has issues with bluetooth and the amazon cloud music app. Still curious if its a hardware or kernal issue I just don't feel like going back to stock to find out.

I haven't had the need for the bluetooth, but my amazon mp3 cloud app seems to work fine. What issues are you having with it?

jdavis1779

Dec 9, 2010
The music stutters every few seconds when I am listening through bluetooth. Tried it with several android devices and only the GTab has the issue.

Androo

Feb 9, 2011
Just got this working on my tablet, but the Market App is missing. I've been looking around and people are saying to install gapp. Do I put that in my ROMs folder and run it through clockwork?

Edit: Went through with it and did what I thought I had to do. Now I got full Market access. Thanks a lot for this

Last edited:

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
if you are going to install cm7 on your gtab, you can install clockwork recovery thru rom manager and install cm7, buy if you are going to install anyother rom you want bekits cwr.

cheerful

Feb 19, 2011
I am more confused. I have ClockworldMod installed. What's the step to install CM7 Harmony?

Thanks!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Make sure you have version .08 of CW installed (i think it is 2.5.1.2-.08). download the ROM you want, copy it to your internal SD card, reboot into CW, select install from zip and you should be good to go. don't confuse Clockwork (CW) with CyanogenMod (CM).

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Rom Manager is a software by the same developer as Clockwork mod.. it is a centralized source to get SOME of the available roms for your device.... not all are listed... but you can use the app to directly download the rom and then use it inconjuction with clockwork mod... it's a little hinky at times becuase it will act differntly with different roms... I personally use it to just download the roms then manually go into clockwork and "flash" the rom.. when you use it that way though you need to note which developer you downloaded the rom from becuase it wont just be in the sdcard's root directory... you'll have to find it in the clockwork folder in a sub folder called downloads... and the rom you just downloaded in rom manager will be in a sub folder with the delevopers name...

and with rom manager acting differntly with certian roms.. you'll need to either flash clockwork recovery(aka clockwork mod).. with most of the roms you'll want the one with the version that ends in .bekit (i think)... there's only 2 the ones at the top of the page when you open it and the other is in the "alternative recoveries" option... the one at the top of the page is for uising when your file system is set that the internal mem is an emmc sector and the actual SD card is used as the SDCARD sector... this one works best with the Cyanogenmod roms as they have the memory structure set this way...

the .bekit recovery works better with the other roms like Vegan.. they have the memory sectored out the same way as the default tablet does.. the internal mem is labeled as SDCARD and the actuall SD card is labeled SDCARD2

when i say "works better" i mean that you'll actually be able to find and load the rom from the default spot that Clockwork loads to when you go into recovery... a big help when you're using ROM manager or downloading the rom directly from the internet.. if you use the incorrect version of clockwork you'll need to use a file manager to transfer the rom zip file over to the proper location... internal mem or the actuall sd card...

hope i haven't confused you more...lol.... realy no simple explination...

PS .... someone please correct me if i'm wrong...

Last edited: