Rom Manager broke my S7-104

netof_100

Sep 20, 2011
I was trying to get to work the link2sd but i was not able to create the second partition, I installed Rom Manager (clockwork) and found option to partition the SD, I clicked on it and a list of tablets came up, I didn't find the Huawei S7 so I selected the Huawei Ascend 2 (since it has the same android version) but the tablet restarted and now is on a loop in the IDEOS logo and then keeps rebooting.
I tried to turn it on with Volume up + Send button and power buton, and got a mesage "Enter into fastboot mode you can press HOME + BACK to reboot device" so I did pres home and back button and it restarted and keeps the same loop with the IDEOS logo... please help!!! I was just trying to install my apps into the sd instead of the system memory with 175mb... I tried pressing menu + send button and power but it doesn't get to the recovery... the only screen I can get to is the Fastboot... please help, I bought 2 days ago!!!

Last edited:

Jota

May 25, 2011
PS:
if you flash your S7 "the normal way" (via external sdcard), everything will be back to normal.

ere95588

Apr 17, 2011
You can try keep pressing the navigation key, press the power button to enter Safe Mode, then delete the Rom Manager

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
You can try keep pressing the navigation key, press the power button to enter Safe Mode, then delete the Rom Manager

*He need to flash boot.img and recovery.Img from his original rom with fastboot. What are you say is working on a functional tablet, he just put a wrong recovery.img on his tablet. And thats why his tablent wont boot and enter only in fastboot.

Last edited:

netof_100

Sep 20, 2011
Can anyone help me and tell me where I can find the original Rom for my S7-104 (boot.img and recovery.img) ????

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Once i will have access to my laptop i can help you. Tell me what version do you have on your tablet 2.1 Or 2.2.?

netof_100

Sep 20, 2011
I'm sorry, Mine came with froyo 2.2.2 S7-104
Do you have the Original Rom and Recovery for that???

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Last edited:

pedrojb

Sep 18, 2011
I had the same problem, when was installing some app´s(!!!), and this solved.

Thanks Goodone, keep the excelent work and the valious share.

regards
pedro

MaPT0_T

Aug 2, 2011
I have some kind of solution :)
If u can use ADB and Fastboot u can connect ur S7 with ur PC using Micro USB , open cmd , then write fastboot , and then "fastboot continue" , then when u have access to ur device deliete ROM Manager . This methood will only work if u have instaled Huawei Ideos S7 drivers and ADB on ur computer :) If it doesn't work your only solution is installing a new ROM :/