ROM Manager Problem

vizo

Jun 8, 2011
Hi,

I have ROM Manager Premium 4.3.2.4, and my Current ROM is 7-07142011-NIGHTLY-encore.

I wanted to download and install the latest nightly 177, but ROM Manager refused to download the latest ROM saying that I should upgrade my ROM Manager to the latest version.

However there is no ROM Manager in the market when I search.

The reason I want to upgrade is to be able to use USB GPS and see if I can use the tablet also as a navigator.

Thanks for any help.

Vizo

frodo

Feb 5, 2011
Is there not an update button in rom manager? Haven't got nook with me, but i'm pretty sure there's an option there.

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Hi,

I have ROM Manager Premium 4.3.2.4, and my Current ROM is 7-07142011-NIGHTLY-encore.

I wanted to download and install the latest nightly 177, but ROM Manager refused to download the latest ROM saying that I should upgrade my ROM Manager to the latest version.

The reason I want to upgrade is to be able to use USB GPS and see if I can use the tablet also as a navigator.

Thanks for any help.

Vizo

Yes you need to upgrade to 4.4.0.7. It sounds like you are having market issues, (and who isn't?). Are you seeing your "my apps" when you go into the Market? If not you need to go into manage apps and select the Market, then clear the data then go back and see if your apps show up because that is where the "update" button is going to be for the Rom Manager. If that doesn't work you need to change the LCD density to 160 then go back and clear the data again. One way to change the density is to install a app called LCD Density, but there are other methods also.

RASTAVIPER

Feb 21, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for any help.

Vizo
You can always download the nightly from here, put it at the sd card and flash it through Recovery.
Concerning GPS use, U dont need the nightly to test this function.U can either use gps through wi-fi from an android mobile or through BT with a gps receiver.

vizo

Jun 8, 2011
Yes you need to upgrade to 4.4.0.7. It sounds like you are having market issues, (and who isn't?). Are you seeing your "my apps" when you go into the Market? If not you need to go into manage apps and select the Market, then clear the data then go back and see if your apps show up because that is where the "update" button is going to be for the Rom Manager. If that doesn't work you need to change the LCD density to 160 then go back and clear the data again. One way to change the density is to install a app called LCD Density, but there are other methods also.

Update: I had to go the long way: download the nightly to the SDCard, use clockwork to install it. But then the new market came, and the problems with it. I had to set the lcd to 160 which took nearly whole day, at last asking to my nook colors circle in G+. (I did not what that 160 or lcd meant, I did not know how to edit a system file, and on top of that I could not get applications that needed from the market-vicious circle).

Now, NC is functional again, but I can not upgrade ROM Manager (Cannot find the update button, and market says I can not use ROM Manager in my country-Turkey-)

It seems with all these silly restrictions of the market everybody will be an expert on sideloading.

Is there a link somebody can give to the ROM Manager 4.4.0.7 apk?

vizo

Jun 8, 2011

2nd update: I cleared the cache of the market, but "my apps" is empty there. I found the ROM Manager 4.4.0.7.apk but I cannot install it using ADB as I cannot uninstall it first.