[ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted

lifeisfun

Jan 1, 2011
[ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted - xda-developers
great job by Decad3nce on XDA - THANKS!

Prerequisites:
  • Rooted Nook Color (Autonooter, etc)
  • Clockwork Recovery
  • SD Card with >2GB storage. For backup/nandroid.
How-To
  • IMPORTANT! Create a Backup/Nandroid!
  • Download the Sideload ROM
  • Place it on the root of your sdcard
  • Go into ROM Manager. Select "Reboot into recovery"
  • When in recovery. Choose "Install zip from sdcard" -> "Choose Zip from sdcard"
  • Find it, Flash it!
  • Enjoy!
NOTE: There's no need to wipe, regardless from what firmware you come from! This should overwrite all of /system and clear dalvik for you. If you do have issues, try wiping the /cache partition in clockwork.

Changelog

• 01/29/2011:
  • Fixed problems with Busybox (my error, didn't set proper permissions for xbin).
  • Included Youtube(for google sign in) and ROM Manager. Both in /system/app
  • Included the stock kernel from the actual update, forgot to include last time. (thanks rajendra82)
  • Included sqlite3 binary. Mostly to help me debug why xda app doesn't cache login credentials properly.
Download!
Download NookColor_v1.1.0_r2.zip
md5: 5b2e14170a319b2329e954f4ad89a422

Last edited:

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I like the part in the xda write up where it says it can lead to multiple custom roms!

Sent from my Droid

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
tried this - instaled smoothly, titanium backup had a little problem (it said not rooted) but solved by clicking n hte 'problems' button - checking all my other apps
looks like i lost the 1.1GHz kernel- its back to 800mhz

MannyPR

Jan 15, 2011
tried this - instaled smoothly, titanium backup had a little problem (it said not rooted) but solved by clicking n hte 'problems' button - checking all my other apps

Just reinstall the 1.1ghz kernel, I have it running and works great.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011

I am sure you checked this...but did you look in setcpu to see if it was just a settings issue?

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Cool, now you're talking. :)

Wish this came out one day before I messed my NC up. lol

I'm back to 1.0.0 unrooted.

Last edited:

McBain01

Dec 29, 2010
Just reinstall the 1.1ghz kernel, I have it running and works great.

Yep, same here. Quadrant scores are around 1186 fwiw. Hopefully an optimized kernel to come soon for this update to get back above 1200. But overall, this update is very snappy which makes me happy :)

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Yep, same here. Quadrant scores are around 1186 fwiw. Hopefully an optimized kernel to come soon for this update to get back above 1200. But overall, this update is very snappy which makes me happy :)

I'm only averaging around 1200-1210. Some people are running "performance" instead of "on-demand" in setcpu. You are in range so it's all good. Still really quick compared to stock. :)

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
New problem now youtube does not work- uninstalled then re installed same problem. Widget is there thumbnails showing but black screen only when playing

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
New problem now youtube does not work- uninstalled then re installed same problem. Widget is there thumbnails showing but black screen only when playing

You preformed a full backup with CWR I hope. The good thing is, since it's a custom rom, the author can make the fixes and release a revised version.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
I am curious about the real-world advantage of running 1.1 for root users. I have 1.0.1 rooted, with 1.1ghz kernel, and frankly it's doing everything I'm asking of it, with aplomb. In fact, I went out of my way to avoid this update (editing build.prop). Is there anything about 1.1 that might be appealing to someone like me? I don't do anything with the B&N stuff (don't buy their books, use their launcher or browser).

I'm usually all for the latest fixes etc, but I keep hearing about minor niggles for root users (like the lcd density thing above), and I think I'll hold out. Unless I'm missing something.