[ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted

RBRJimmy

Jan 31, 2011
More info please, what do you mean? How did they wipe the rom? The NC has a hidden partition so almost impossible to wipe out everything. If running CWR, just restore from backup. If not, will have to do a factory reset to restore you NC back to 1.0.0

Did a wipe before installing the ROM (habit from the way I do through roms on the Droid I guess). Everything is working great, but when I go to sign into Google it seems to only want to use a Cell phone signal to do it. Is there a way to get around that? I tried signing in through Youtube, syncing gmail, and going into market, but it just asked to sign into Google again. Thanks in advance!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Did a wipe before installing the ROM (habit from the way I do through roms on the Droid I guess). Everything is working great, but when I go to sign into Google it seems to only want to use a Cell phone signal to do it. Is there a way to get around that? I tried signing in through Youtube, syncing gmail, and going into market, but it just asked to sign into Google again. Thanks in advance!
Jimmy, I've got a pretty dumb question, but have you rebooted? It's been known once or twice that after signing into Google, you get a fail message, but after rebooting, it in fact was successful. I'm sure you've rebooted a few times since, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

-Matt

RBRJimmy

Jan 31, 2011
Took me a while to think to do that, but did try a couple times now. It allows me to get WIFI, register with B&N, browse online, etc, but keeps going back to wanting a cell signal to make the first connect with Google. Tried doing the Google sign in first instead of B&N registration process, but have the same issues.

btreu1

Jan 31, 2011
More info please, what do you mean? How did they wipe the rom? The NC has a hidden partition so almost impossible to wipe out everything. If running CWR, just restore from backup. If not, will have to do a factory reset to restore you NC back to 1.0.0

Hi rico. I recently got a nook color, and rooted it using autonooter. I installed the NookColor_v1.1.0_r1 ROM. I was overly excited, and in my rush to flash said rom, I didn't make a backup. I am wondering if the hidden partition will allow one to still return nook color to factory settings in such a situation. Is there any way I could obtain a factory image? Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone can provide.

Also, I am not able to run youtube. Since I didn't make a titanium backup of my apps I can't use the youtube fix you listed above. Any other option there? Thanks.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
I am wondering if the hidden partition will allow one to still return nook color to factory settings in such a situation. Is there any way I could obtain a factory image? Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone can provide.

It SHOULD...I do believe that the hidden ROM is totally unaffected by any updating you do. That is why its a ROM (Read Only Memory)

You should be performing a backup NOW though.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010

Still not telling me what you are wiping, data wipe, cache wipe, or davik cache wipe. Anyway, sounds like you did a data wipe, which was not needed for the 1.1 rom and how have the popular “auto-nooter android welcome screen sign in” problem. Just hit skip at android welcome screen and then once fully booted into home screen, open gmail app and sign in there. It will do the rest for all other Google apps.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi rico. I recently got a nook color, and rooted it using autonooter. I installed the NookColor_v1.1.0_r1 ROM. I was overly excited, and in my rush to flash said rom, I didn't make a backup. I am wondering if the hidden partition will allow one to still return nook color to factory settings in such a situation. Is there any way I could obtain a factory image? Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone can provide.

Also, I am not able to run youtube. Since I didn't make a titanium backup of my apps I can't use the youtube fix you listed above. Any other option there? Thanks.

Yes, you will always be able to restore the stock recovery. The CWR backup doesn’t backup the stock recovery, it’s always there and isn’t touched by CWR. CWR only takes over the stock recoveries functions. The hidden 3gb partition which holds the stock recovery and stock images is not touched and you can get a zip to remove CWR and restore the stock recovery. There is really nothing to fear, the NC is really hard to brick or mess up.

About youtube, if the wipe data didn’t work, you could try to uninstall and reinstall it.

btreu1

Jan 31, 2011
Thanks Rico and Darmeen! This comes as a great relief! I'm using a spare MicroSD that's only 1GB. I need to get a larger one, and keep up the good practice of backing up. I should know better after flashing my Droid so many times. Shame on me... tsk. tsk. I look forward to good times flashing my nook. You all seem like a great crowd!

I'll probably do a backup, data wipe, and upgrade to 1.1.0r2 tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again!

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
Throwing this out there in this thread as well, I am running the original B&N 1.0.0 ROM rooted with the kernel-1100mhz-omap3630. I am wondering what the benefits of the B&N 1.1.0 rom are besides pinch and zoom in the browser... any info would be great.

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
OMG! I have been trying to upgrade my rooted nook color to v1.1 for hours. I have the zip downloaded, i put it on the root of my sd card. when i get into rom manager i get as far as updating....then says aborted! what am i doing wrong? any ideas?

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
OMG! I have been trying to upgrade my rooted nook color to v1.1 for hours. I have the zip downloaded, i put it on the root of my sd card. when i get into rom manager i get as far as updating....then says aborted! what am i doing wrong? any ideas?

confirm the metadata (MD5) info... this is what I have been told a hundred times when I had trouble rooting my G1. to this day, I don't know how to check it though. :O