[ROM] Nook Color V1.1.0 Pre-Rooted

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Just found this on google with "how to confirm md5 info": MD5 Calculator

$dialog.png

Looks like there might also be an online calculator: md5sum: calculate hash functions for a file, but I don't know if I would upload 170-something megabytes just to check!

-Matt

Last edited:

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Okiedokie, I installed the calculator, downloaded the 1.1 zip (took about 10 minutes), right-clicked and ran the MD5 checksum. Got a match! Am I gonna try and install it?

...nah, I'll pass. ;)

-Matt

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
OMG! I have been trying to upgrade my rooted nook color to v1.1 for hours. I have the zip downloaded, i put it on the root of my sd card. when i get into rom manager i get as far as updating....then says aborted! what am i doing wrong? any ideas?

Hmm just read this. Are you trying to install NookColor_v1.1.0_r2.zip from Rom manager? If so this is incorrect. You install the rom from ClockworkMod Recovery. In Rom manager, press reboot to recovery. Once your NC reboots into CWR, do a full backup, then navagate to "install from sd card", then press "n" to enter next menu, use volume keys to scroll up or down, find NookColor_v1.1.0_r2.zip and press "n", scroll down to "Yes- install blah blah blah, press "n"

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
Sorry so confusing, yes im doing it exactly as you stated with no luck. I get clockwork to find zip, says installing then aborted.. Im downloading the rom for third time this morning and gonna try again. Thanks for the help. I just thought of something, Im on a mac and when i dl the zip, my mac automatically unzips the file so i have to re zip it to put on sd card. Could that be doing something to the file?

angelkissez

Jan 31, 2011
I finally have success!! My mac was automatically un-zipping the file when downloaded and i was re-zipping it. That was causing the problem. I wasnt aware my mac was putting the original in my trash so i just pulled it out, put it on my sd card and BAM! everything went perfect!!! Thanks to all who helped.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
I finally have success!! My mac was automatically un-zipping the file when downloaded and i was re-zipping it. That was causing the problem. I wasnt aware my mac was putting the original in my trash so i just pulled it out, put it on my sd card and BAM! everything went perfect!!! Thanks to all who helped.

Glad you got it straightened out and the weird unzipping is definitely something you don't hear everyday. :)

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
OK Got thru this one too! Yea! But now I'm at the end where it gives me 4 choices. Do I chose 'Apply update' and hit the N button?

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I got brave and rebooted. Every thing seems fine.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

btreu1

Jan 31, 2011
I have reflashed multiple times, at least twice from true factory reset. In my last attempt, I downloaded Titanium Backup from the market as soon as I logged in, to backup youtube, and as soon as I had downloaded it (Titanium), I was no longer able to connect to youtube.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution?

Additionally, is there a simpler method to sideload apps, besides using the SDK?

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
I have reflashed multiple times, at least twice from true factory reset. In my last attempt, I downloaded Titanium Backup from the market as soon as I logged in, to backup youtube, and as soon as I had downloaded it (Titanium), I was no longer able to connect to youtube.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there a solution?

Additionally, is there a simpler method to sideload apps, besides using the SDK?

Yes to sideload apps....

-Install Astro File Manager from the market
-Go into Nook Color Tools>Uncheck and Recheck "Allow Non-Market Apps" a couple times> Reboot
-Find and apk file for the app you are trying to install
-In Astro Fille Manager navigate to where the apk file for the app is installed>click on it>select "open app manager">install

Stelv

Jan 12, 2011
OK Got thru this one too! Yea! But now I'm at the end where it gives me 4 choices. Do I chose 'Apply update' and hit the N button?

You are selecting "Install zip from sdcard" and then selecting rom file right? After it installs successfully use power button to go back and select reboot from original clockwork recovery menu

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
Long time lurker. Just wanted to say thank you to rico and everyone else working on the NC The directions for everything that have been posted have been so easy to follow. I have had no issues installing the firmware or any of the programs.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Long time lurker. Just wanted to say thank you to rico and everyone else working on the NC The directions for everything that have been posted have been so easy to follow. I have had no issues installing the firmware or any of the programs.

Glad to hear...and welcome to the insanity!

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
If I were a new owner and forum-member, I'd probably be feeling just a teensy bit...just a little...light-headed right now! There's a lot to digest.

-Matt