[ROM] Paranoid Android Grouper Nexus 7 Port 2.54 Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
Well here's, another port from Nexus 7 grouper Paranoid Android 2.54 which was the last update for jb 4.1.2
So what works and what's the advantage over my previous port?
Well paranoid preferences works 100 %, phone , tablet and phablet mode works
Storage settings is fixed, so the header says internal sdcard:D
Camera works, sound works and injected a mod version of libsurfaceflinger.so to improve overall performance ( lag reduction)
Before flashing do a nandroid back up, wipe dalvik and factory reset, you may also try advance restore for data only after you flash the ROM but no guarantee if problems will arise

UPDATE; APRIL 21/13
ROM:http://d-h.st/X1p
Change log:
DPI set at 160 now
Combo of our cm10, nexus 7and asus
Maps and music no longer fc
Graphical glitches gone
I would suggest playing with scheduler and governor to see what suites you best,
Lag free and deadline are the combination I am using

APRIL /14/13
ROM:http://d-h.st/Nmc
New inverted gapps , Google search removedhttp://d-h.st/VGN

View attachment 10581
Tablet mode

Phablet mode picture below with top status bar and bottom navigation buttons

What's included email,exchange, contacts, superSu root apk, ROM toolbox also updated Google search, holo launcher, so those who want to use nova launcher prime may do so.
Default browser works
Rotation of lock screen available
Performance settings, change scheduler and governor and looks like we can oc our CPU to 1500 MHz also
If you want inverted gapps, flash my new inverted gapps pack as Google search will not be inverted, having issues with fc's , I believe it due to the signature
New camera app
Music player ,DSP and fx music enhancers
As for my performance settings, I am using lag free with deadline and our standard frequencies fr CPU
Antutu score was 12911
Init.d support ,zipalign on boot, seeder script and more
DPI is set at 213 otherwise all 3 modes will not work correct

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD
Hi,

I tried your Paranoid v.2.54 on my S9714/S2110 aka A2109A - except my Tablet has 3G/SIM Mobil-Function build in and 10" Display.

It work's about the last 10 day's without any Problems. Wireless, CAM still and video, Youtube, Sound, USB-Stick/OTG. I use CWM 6.0.3.0 from superhansi.

Add. Info: I have a 64GB MicroSD, Sandisk, Class10 build in - it works!

Only the 3G doesn't work. Do I somthing wrong or I must use special settings?

Many thanks for your great Work.

Louis777 - from Germany

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Nexus grouper is wifi only, so saying that you'll never have working 3G mobile data. You can try porting a nexus 7 3G rom

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
Nexus grouper is wifi only, so saying that you'll never have working 3G mobile data. You can try porting a nexus 7 3G rom

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

Hi,

I'm never have do this - ported ROM. I dont't know, how to do and how many work it is.

Is this very difficult - a lot work?

Or better - you have do this - it is not possible to change the basis to the nexus 3G and ported the ROM with 3G,
then again a new compiling- with the changed ROM from 3G.

Louis777

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Its not that hard to port a ROM if you know what needs to be replaced and it must be the same version of jb, I will not port it for you , firstly I need the same tablet that you have otherwise I am guessing if it boots and 3g works, there's some good threads on xda on how to port a ROM but it's trial and error. Above all I don't have the time, sorry

schufti

Apr 9, 2013
Hi,
I installed your rom and so far no issue, ...

just one question: should glowball work on this image/kernel combo?
In one thread vampirefo stated that it is only a matter of a lib that is not ok in lenovos original, but CM10 builds do work. As I understand your rom is a compilation of different Tegra3 device firmwares, the chance of a good lib would be high?

rgds,
schufti

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,
I installed your rom and so far no issue, ...

just one question: should glowball work on this image/kernel combo?
In one thread vampirefo stated that it is only a matter of a lib that is not ok in lenovos original, but CM10 builds do work. As I understand your rom is a compilation of different Tegra3 device firmwares, the chance of a good lib would be high?

rgds,
schufti

About 98 % of the libs are from our cm10 ROM, the only libs that are from nexus are runtime. so, surfaceflinger.so and 2 libs from our lenovo 4.1.1 ROM for jpeg and camera operation, framework are a combination of our cm10 ROM, nexus 7 and Asus tf700

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
so what are the main bugs on this rom?
thanks !!

Some people say location access doesn't work, other than that everything works perfectly

Glow ball doesn't work nor will it ever, the libs can not be changed otherwise the rom will not boot

Last edited:

brom25

Mar 9, 2013
Some people say location access doesn't work, other than that everything works perfectly

Glow ball doesn't work nor will it ever, the libs can not be changed otherwise the rom will not boot

thanks, i've tried and i like it but location access is a global issue to me, do you have a solution..?
thanks

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
flashallthetime I realise its been a while since you worked on this but is there any chance you could release the default lenovo kernel for this? My only issue with this ROM is that vampirefo kernel seems to kill my sdvard and I have to reboot. The lenovo kernel doesnt have this issue for me and this ROM would be perfect with it.

ownjoouk

Feb 24, 2013
Tried the standard lenovo kernel and it just boot loops. Couldn't find the other kernel you spoke of. Gone back to slim bean now with standard kernel.

Just a shame the cm 10.1 dropped off the radar for this tablet. Thanks anyway.