[ROM] Paranoid Android Grouper Nexus 7 Port 2.54 Jelly Bean 4.1.2

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
flashallthetime I realise its been a while since you worked on this but is there any chance you could release the default lenovo kernel for this? My only issue with this ROM is that vampirefo kernel seems to kill my sdvard and I have to reboot. The lenovo kernel doesnt have this issue for me and this ROM would be perfect with it.

Is this a known problem for everyone? Or does it just effect some users

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4 Beta

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
No issue for me, the only issue is location

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks (+ for all your hard work)

I'm on the rooted and bloat removed stock at present but sure I'll want to try this one soon :)

XotusBlack

Jul 19, 2013
So how's the battery life on my latest update? I really thought this ROM would fly off the shelf but my slimz beanz ROM still has more uploads per day, I guess most people want a 100 % working rom.

Sent on my Tablet runnning my Paranoid Combo Rom

while we were talking on xda ...and after i switched to this forum i remember a battery-drain ...but only 1-2 days the battery had lost over night from 100% to next morning (~7hrs) 44% (!!) ...one reboot and the drain is gone ... now it loses over 24hrs in idle no more than 1-2% what is a fantastic result!
but i dont know what was the source ..tried to figured it out ...but nothing make sense ...

//edit

seems that i got location bug ... but sitting in my livingroom ..S3 gets location here ... but never used location @ lenovo

Last edited:

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
while we were talking on xda ...and after i switched to this forum i remember a battery-drain ...but only 1-2 days the battery had lost over night from 100% to next morning (~7hrs) 44% (!!) ...one reboot and the drain is gone ... now it loses over 24hrs in idle no more than 1-2% what is a fantastic result!
but i dont know what was the source ..tried to figured it out ...but nothing make sense ...

//edit

seems that i got location bug ... but sitting in my livingroom ..S3 gets location here ... but never used location @ lenovo

Location has a bug, GPS sometimes works, I had my tablet sitting on for 14 days and I had to finally charge the sucker, used it sparingly :D

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

XotusBlack

Jul 19, 2013
mhh bad luck ... gps is not working ... finds 1,2 Satellites but connection is lost immeadiately ...

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Will jellybean 4.3 ever be possible for the a2109 ? Or do lenovo need to release kernel?

docsane

Jul 27, 2013
I just tried flashing this ROM and I'm having a weird issue: when I try flashing Gapps, my Android keyboard stops working. So, I can flash and not be able to sign into my Google account, or have no apps, but a working keyboard. Anyone have any ideas? Am I just flashing the wrong Gapps? I'm using the ones for 4.1.2.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I just tried flashing this ROM and I'm having a weird issue: when I try flashing Gapps, my Android keyboard stops working. So, I can flash and not be able to sign into my Google account, or have no apps, but a working keyboard. Anyone have any ideas? Am I just flashing the wrong Gapps? I'm using the ones for 4.1.2.

Try flashing again without flashing gapps and after you have your tablet up and running do a back up, some gapps are already included in the ROM at which point you can install the missing gapps

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

XotusBlack

Jul 19, 2013
U know the baked roms ? there is also a nexus 7 rom ... iam using baked on my Galaxy S3 over Months and its quiet a good rom!
Maybe theres a chance for porting ...problem is i dont know how much work it is .. sry
if u interested | Home

antiwesley

Aug 13, 2013
Just flashed the ROM, and it's a wonderful thing. The only immediate problem I'm having is that the Google Play store isn't making a connection.
I have connectivity on everything else, it's just not letting me connect in the store.

Ideas?

Thanks.