[rom] paranoid android jb 4.1.2

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
It is stable except for the camera issue, I have a port from Asus paranoid which is not a customizable as this version and the paranoid properties do not work, I can redo this ROM but the camera will not work and probably never will, unless I know specifically which file needs to be replaced. Porting is a pain

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Another port done, paranoid android from Asus jb 4.1.2

Sent from my a2109a using Tapatalk HD

sambena

Dec 30, 2012
So you can't update gmail in this ROM. It says the package file wasn't signed correctly.
I've tried uninstalling and then installing from the play store and still no go.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Just use gapps package to install gmail, or use any file explorer and manually put gmail in the system apps over riding the existing gmail and change permissions and reboot

Last edited:

sambena

Dec 30, 2012
I just removed the apk and rebooted then I could install the app from the store.
I was hesitant to install your gapps because I didn't want inverted gmail.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
There's also a standard gapps package too, minor update coming up soon, I have also browser working now, minor fixes . By far this is the best paranoid ROM I have ported, I have 2 ported ROM from Asus but paranoid settings do not work. The customization on this ROM is amazing compared to the other two also. This ROM is faster than mmy slimz beanz ROM according to antutu benchmark:D

Also working on some 4.2 ports but I am having issues, asus framework is different than ours which is causing booting issues. I might have to use nexus 7 4.2 roms

Last edited:

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
Netflix is 100% working which is good for me. what's not working....su is mess up..fix by flashing su.. some apk not sign...i have to push apk on system/apps to overwrite it. paranoid a setting wont function..fix by installing some function and LMT for pie. lastly its smooth now no fc nor reboots but lack some capability of paranoid rom is not there.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Netflix is 100% working which is good for me. what's not working....su is mess up..fix by flashing su.. some apk not sign...i have to push apk on system/apps to overwrite it. paranoid a setting wont function..fix by installing some function and LMT for pie. lastly its smooth now no fc nor reboots but lack some capability of paranoid rom is not there.

More specifics on which apk has issues, I know about su , paranoid settings work fine but it needs superuser permissions, all 2.5 paranoid ROMs had issues with paranoid settings, again the other 2 paranoid ROMs I have paranoid setting do not work at all,, nor does gps

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
well the hard one that i encouter is google search and apps from my Tib backup won't stick now its working. that i said, is base on my experience using this rom. its not a big deal. did you upload another rom beside this? or getting tired lol

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Not going to upload the other 2 paranoid as this one is far superior but I am trying to port a couple more roms, did you flash any gapps? If you did that could cause search to fc

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
Not going to upload the other 2 paranoid as this one is far superior but I am trying to port a couple more roms, did you flash any gapps? If you did that could cause search to fc

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using Tapatalk 2

What do you mean? You don't need gapps to flash this one??????

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
What do you mean? You don't need gapps to flash this one??????

Not if you are using the standard gapps, if you want the inverted gapps then . Fixed the quick search apk anyways. The ROM was not rooted corrected from the original developer, I have updated the binary in the bin file but still superuser still has an issue, bug within the ROM, porting is a pain.

gmenik

Mar 1, 2013
Never use anything. All is pure flash all the time ROM and gapps lol.except for the camera I use old one from s2