[ROM] Ployer/Generic 7" A13 [ Android 4.0.4 Hyper Edition ]

Mucky2

Nov 30, 2012
Hello Tragidy :D

I've an Allwinner A13 7" tablet, and wonder if your rom could work on it.
It's this one => AllWinner A13
I read the topic and from my point I didn't see any problem at first sight.

My aim by upgrading is to correct a little offscreen in the bottom of my screen. Do you think a new rom could help?

And last question. If I post you a lsmod result can you say if you think that it should work or not?

(And yes I understand that I take the risk and you don't endorse it :D )

((And sorry for my bad english))

Have the Same! :D

Gezappt via Tablet

Emporium

Dec 24, 2012
i have a momo9 9" star and this rom dose not work the touch screen doesn't work the earlier rom worked fine can you make this rom compatible with the ployer momo9 9" star

I second that... Previous ROM worked fine on my momo9 star... But this one, the touch screen is a no go... I tried hitting the RESET button (just in case), but no difference.. Hard buttons on side do respond, since after first boot, the Volume toggle switch did respond. I guess I'll go back for now... Maybe some driver was removed..

Thnx for all the hard work.. Much appreciated..

And Happy Holidays...

Cheers..

CombatGerbil

Aug 16, 2012
This ROM is for the 7" MOMO 9 II and III A13 (this one specifically is based on the 9 III ROM). As has been previously said... ad nauseum.. that other devices may or may not work with these ROMs.. Why must people then continue to bleat when it does not work on their device. If you do not make a backup of your original ROM or have another copy, then it's your fault if you end up with a paperweight.. Continually asking the Dev to tweak it for your specific device is non productive and as has been said, will not be done the Dev does not have all your pedantic knock off devices.
I sometimes think... more and more often when I read threads with posters like these, that some people really shouldn't be allowed to use technological devices, let alone try to Flash a new ROM without knowing what the hell they are doing. If it doesn't work and you can flash back to your backup... then do it and move along.. if it bricks your device, don't say you weren't warned and likewise.. move along. For some devices, people complain there are no devs working in them, there's a reason for that.. a lot of clones and knock offs are too crap to bother with. And as a parting note... READ the bloody thread before posting the same old... "will it work with such and such a crappy device?? " or "it doesn't work with such and such a device.. why is that and can you fix it??" As I swear some of you can barely read and I am surprised that you have the ability to post your useless drivel in the first place.
Apologies to the reasonable folk on this thread... and as for the rest of you, I wouldn't trust you to sit the right way round on a toilet.
Rant over... for now..

bettyblue

Dec 27, 2012
Hi, I'm new to this tablet.. But I'm pretty sure I bricked it trying to update it. The screen only goes to android recovery system 3e. I have a 32gb external sd and I've tried loading the firmware onto and flashing it directing but all the firmwares are unsigned. So I get the error. E: Signature Verification Failed. I've tried using Live Suite and Phoenix USBpro. But I don't seem to know how to use it correctly. The computer keeps on saying I don't have the correct drivers installed. Do you guys know where i can get the drivers so the computer can pick up the tablet when i plug it in? I've done all the steps for livesuite but the computer doesn't pick up the tablet. Please help. Happy Holidays! Thanks in advance. I have the MOMO9iii and I'm using windows 8. Just in case you need it.

SmashDealer

Dec 27, 2012
Ok I'll change my question, I've got clockwork mod on it now.

This installer uses a "livesuit" ISO to install itself, while clockwork needs an "update.zip" file.

Is it possible to turn the ISO that you've provided into an update zip, and how?

Last edited:

CombatGerbil

Aug 16, 2012
Hi, I'm new to this tablet.. But I'm pretty sure I bricked it trying to update it. The screen only goes to android recovery system 3e. I have a 32gb external sd and I've tried loading the firmware onto and flashing it directing but all the firmwares are unsigned. So I get the error. E: Signature Verification Failed. I've tried using Live Suite and Phoenix USBpro. But I don't seem to know how to use it correctly. The computer keeps on saying I don't have the correct drivers installed. Do you guys know where i can get the drivers so the computer can pick up the tablet when i plug it in? I've done all the steps for livesuite but the computer doesn't pick up the tablet. Please help. Happy Holidays! Thanks in advance. I have the MOMO9iii and I'm using windows 8. Just in case you need it.

Instructions for installing via Livesuit are in the first post But to reiterate.. Start Livesuit and open the img file of the update you want, then With the tablet powered off
hold volume up

Do not release the volume button, and insert the usb
cable into the tablet and computer.

LiveSuit will detect the tablet and ask you what to do.
Make a choice to flash it or not, this choice is yours.

This worked on my Momo9 II.

Ivanicop

Dec 3, 2011
Can anyone send me the Launcher2.apk please? I've deleted this for wrong :C

Please, I love this launcher xD

REgards,
Iván.

Does this rom works in any AllWinner A13?

bettyblue

Dec 27, 2012
Instructions for installing via Livesuit are in the first post But to reiterate.. Start Livesuit and open the img file of the update you want, then With the tablet powered off
hold volume up

Do not release the volume button, and insert the usb
cable into the tablet and computer.

LiveSuit will detect the tablet and ask you what to do.
Make a choice to flash it or not, this choice is yours.

This worked on my Momo9 II.

I've tried it but my computer doesn't detect my tablet. Is there a driver for the vid_1f3a_pid_efe8? There's an yellow exclamation mark next to it.

geo73

Dec 30, 2012
I have a hipstreet titan hs-7dtb4-4gb I bricked and this is the only rom I found ( nice work by the way) that worked on it. With a few problems being its not for this. Screen rotation upside down, volume+ is - , volume- is settings, and camera don't work. Is there anyone out there that knows these hipstreet tablets or has a rom? Thanks or a way to fix these small problems for my device , id love to keep using this rom it rocks

Last edited:

Treadstone

Jan 1, 2013
Thank You,you saved my life,and christmas
I had bought a A13 tablet for the kids,similar to a azhuo.net tablet called an ALLWINNER A13 A13A,(not sure if i can post a link)it is a slim tablet with three softkeys on front screen on right,it had locked out android,came across a poster on another forum who had an older version of your firmware,tried that and it worked,luckily he had mentioned where he got the firmware from so here i am,

Can i just say as a newbie that learning livesuite was a learning curve of sorts in it's self,i noticed that if the firmware wasn't compatible
with the tablet livesuite would't do anything apart from hang maybe,the way it worked for me was to run from main drive and click on
LiveSuitPack_version_1.09_20111101.exe first to install driver,(noticed when i looked it would have a yellow triangle when installed)then run livesuit.exe,hold volume+ and plugin usb into pc then on my tablet fast click power button 5 times,if the firmware was recognised for the tablet i would hear 3 bleeps from pc for new hardware found and then get the install firmware window,it seems that livesuit doesn't mention that if firmware isn't compatible it just hangs,also it seemed that if livesuite didn't work
i needed to start the tablet and shut it down when loaded to whatever part of startup was running.
before trying another firmware,

Last edited:

appleguy

Jan 3, 2013
Tragidy...I just updated my cheap clone A13 with this latest rom and now my touch screen does not work. I used your last build or maybe the one before. Is there any way you can link me (or email me) the older .imgs that you have posted for this. It worked like a charm last time.

digitalxp

Jan 3, 2013
Dear Friends, I've two C70 MID A13 tablet. One of this works fine, but the other works strange and wifi has a lot of problems. So i decided to reset factory, and at this point the tab still on android screen!
I'll try to install your rom and others but the touchscreen never work. In this ROM is impossible to use, in other dont work never.
My question is: if I've the other tab work touchscreen fine, is possible to use for other tab with this ROM?

Other question, if i couldn't find correct ROM, is it possible and how to use the other ROM?