[Rom] Rooted 1.5 .57 Zip aligned &app2sd support

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
This happened to me when I got the Droid 1 flashed a rom bricked me nothing I could do sent it back to moto got a new one.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

alucard9114

Dec 12, 2011
I have all the drivers for it on my PC and adb does not see it without USB debug on so sol we have a one year warranty just tell vizio it won't turn on as long as you have a receipt your good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

am_fm_radio

Nov 8, 2011
Thanks guys for all the work and testing. My VIZIO is .57 and I'll be "rooting" for you, but in the mean time, I got what I paid for... BTW did I tell you I got mine on Craig's list - met the guy in a gas station and got it for $100 about Thanksgiving. So- plenty of fun so for the money. I would think VIZIO would be more proactive regarding "the boys in the basement of the science building" playing with these. Hate to say it, but the china electronic sites are offering plenty of tablets for $50-100... those will hit our shores soon. I rooted a couple of Pandigital 7" white tablets for my daughters this Christmas. They are the $69 variety. I think rooted will soon be the norm.

Last edited:

fadefx

Nov 27, 2011
Kaos, first of all, thanx for your trying. However, i don't think it is good practice what you are doing here. Please don't post roms that you did not test before, sure, you wont loose your Vtab this way, but bricking the devices of multiple users is not a good idea, then better release nothing.

--------------------------
tapatalked from vizio vtab1008

southsound

Dec 3, 2011
There are a couple of folks on the forum who have VTAB's that are still operational but have cracked screens. Before I sent a bricked VTAB to the trash bin I would suggest sending a PM to one of these who really would appreciate a screen. Come to a fair price for the transaction and you both win! You can do a search to discover people who could use the screen.

kaos420

Jan 27, 2012
I actually have been testing. Why i dont get what went wrong. It flashex to my wifes fine. As a stock rooted. As with anything there is always a risk. I truly cant get where it went wrong. But im throwing in the towel.

Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa

sigel

Oct 28, 2011
Sup kaos.. good to see you working on a rom, willing to help test and supply custom gfx for any cosmetic upgrades.. There are also couple more of us in #vtab on freenode if you have irc.

Dec 20, 2011
I actually have been testing. Why i dont get what went wrong. It flashex to my wifes fine. As a stock rooted. As with anything there is always a risk. I truly cant get where it went wrong. But im throwing in the towel.

Sent from my Miui powered Evo 3D tapa tapa tapa

We all know the risks that are involved when we flash at least you are trying to give us the freedom we want. Don't throw in the towel then we will have nothing.

Flashaholics Unite!

IMA_210

Dec 20, 2011
I am not aware of any download mode, only safe mode. As far as I know there is not a fastboot mode either. I gave up .56 rooted and went with the .57 upgrade so that I could help find root, however I have not had any luck finding the right exploit just yet. I have tried everything out there so far. I am with Rootofalldroid in the fact that I dont want to see us lose any devs on this device. Kaos, I know that you have been around for awhile and I have used your ROMs in the past! Thank you for your attempts! Keep up the good work, I understand the earlier post regarding bricking two user devices, however the people that bricked were fully aware of the consequences prior to doing anything. I would only suggest sending PM's to users who would like to test your ROMs and not posting to the boards live links until we know it is a working solution. It seems that you have many other users still willing to test Kaos... Add my name to that list as well. Let me know if there is anything that I can assist with.

Last edited: