[ROM] S22 (HW-702T) Restore Firmware

Discussion in 'Telechips TCC8902 Development' started by saschab, Jan 14, 2011.

1. saschab

saschab Junior Member

i tried to flash the new 701 4gb firmware from haipad.net. It was very dificult to get into flash mode, i dont know how i did it.
    Now it doesnt start......dont try it.
    I will try the 2gb firmware but i can`t get into flashmode again.
  2. supertommy

supertommy Junior Member

i hope you resolve! :(

some one can help us???
  3. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Check with the supplier to see if this is a Haipad and if the mainboard is from CBS (创必胜), or something else. This at least helps figure out what firmware to use.
  4. popeye

popeye Junior Member

I found the reset button on the S22 (HW-701T), supposedly inside the mic hole..but how do u restore the firmware using the reset button?...( i hv unsinstalled the default built-in launcher). What is hte combination press sequence of buttons?

What the the manufacturer's website?

Having the system firmware (downloaded above), How do I get into firmware upgrade/restore mode? USB degugging is not enabled within.
  5. saschab

saschab Junior Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    xaueious and supertommy like this.
  6. supertommy

supertommy Junior Member

is it the original fake 2.2 android or original clean 2.1 ?
  7. saschab

saschab Junior Member

it is the fake 2.2
    unfortunately no solution for you.

it is very easy to flash the firmware. Same as M701.
    To get into FWDN mode push and hold the Power button and the right button on top for 5 seconds. Add lk.rom, app.rom and splash.rom to fwdn and start.

At my s22 the nand was erased by several experiments, so FWDN told me nand has to be formatted first.

for the problem with the sensitive touch I use a stylus, that works much better than fingers.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  8. saschab

saschab Junior Member

9. nenma

nenma Junior Member

hello guys. 'm new to the forum. I have the same tablet with the same problem. They removed the link from rapidshare and you can not send the firmware to my email? leosecci@email.it

Sorry for my english
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

The link was broken somehow.

Fixed.
  11. nenma

nenma Junior Member

guys I have a problem. What I do not know the right firmware on the site haipad.net. please help me. does not work anymore
  12. nenma

nenma Junior Member

guys please help me. I upgraded the firmware went on haipad.net but I must have mounted the wrong one ("Haipad M701 Android 2.2"). Now the tablet should not be more. I'm not even from the possibility of starting with the boot. What should I do?
    Please help me.
  13. saschab

saschab Junior Member

I changed the link on the 1st site to the firmware, it was deleted. I uploaded it again
  14. nenma

nenma Junior Member

thanks for the firmware. but now how do I load it? since I accidentally uploaded the wrong one and I'm not the most booting?
    please give me a hand ...
  15. Kwaker

Kwaker Junior Member

Use xp and boot your pad with pushing on/off button and the button return(at the right bottom) for 5 sec, then plug to pc with xp and flash it
  16. nenma

nenma Junior Member

I do all the operations but if you just leave the power button turns off ...

I also tried to press all three buttons with the power button .. in this case reveals that the PC chipset and connected via USB but you can not install the drivers. however, only lasts 5 seconds and then goes out and if I leave the buttons off.
    how can I avoid off? The chipset can be burned?
  17. saschab

saschab Junior Member

I had the same problem. Does FWDN show a message that NAND partition size is wrong?
    In this case start at point 1 and end with point 12
    If not skip points 2,3,4 and 5.

1 Start FWDN, instert only the lk.rom from the firmware package I uploaded.
    2 Connect to PC with USB. DO NOT CONNECT THE POWERSUPPLY !! (Without powersupply it stays on for a longer time when you hold the power button.)
    3 Push and hold the power button, at the same time hold down the Enter Key on your PC keyboard (then the message with the wrong partition size is immediately confirmed with ok). FWDN should now start to format NAND
    4 When it turns off before the NAND is formatted, try again...and again...and again Normally, the time it stays on is enough to format the NAND. When the status bar of formatting is complete, ignore the error message
    5 Disconnect and re-connect to PC
    6 Push and hold the power button again. Start uploading the lk.rom. Now your Tablet should stay on to upload lk.rom
    7 when uploading was successfull disconnect and re-connect to PC
    8 add the other 2 files (splash.rom and app.rom) now there are 3 files in FWDN
    9 push power button and the right button on top and hold them for 5 seconds and release both, NAND should be detectet in FWDN and the green light on the power button stays on.
    10 select "Low format whole memory" before download, then klick Start and wait.....
    11 after uploading the upload window gets a green frame (ignore the red error messages)
    12 have fun with your tablet
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  18. nenma

nenma Junior Member

Hello saschab. I had to use a slightly different procedure but the result is the same. my problem over the partition, was that the operating system did not recognize the tablet (to be specific but said he saw that the drivers were not installed). I have done so.

1) I opened the Device Manager window
    2) I opened FWDN and I prepared to install the firmware
    3) I connected the tablet. (by pressing the green most of the second side buttons) (the keys were held down otherwise goes out - even holding them the time was only five seconds)
    4) As soon as the item "Telechips" and appeared on the screen. right click - uninstall)
    5) disconnect the tablet. reconnect. At this point the system looks for drivers for the new device. I had to try three or four times given the short time available.
    6) Once the device was visible from FWDN, has begun the process of formatting the NAND. (in this case I tried four or five times - and been on the tablet itself and gave me the opportunity to reinstall the firmware)

I wanted to ask you something: (thanks for the firmware first), but there is not a better one? because the original firmware (the one I had on Monday when he arrived) used the touch screen much faster and more precise than that.
    You know by chance if all goes well the firmware site haipad.net 701-R 1022?
  19. Kwaker

Kwaker Junior Member

Someone have to try flash our device with it. Who will be the first hero? ) And we all will check the review of course )
  20. fun

fun Junior Member

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011