[ROM] S22 (HW-702T) Restore Firmware

db260179

Apr 5, 2011
Hello guys! I have made a custom firmware for this tablet. It is accessible for a long time to Russian-speaking users and have a lot of changes. Within several days i will prepare the English version of my custom firmware and put it out here. While you can download firmware #465 with built in by me ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 from here. Cheers!

Thats great!

Can you take a look at my program - RomTablet

Make suggestions , ideas thanks!

What changes did you make?

ghigom

Apr 5, 2011
Hello guys! I have made a custom firmware for this tablet. It is accessible for a long time to Russian-speaking users and have a lot of changes. Within several days i will prepare the English version of my custom firmware and put it out here. While you can download firmware #465 with built in by me ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 from here. Cheers!

Great! Thanks a lot. I Download this one to test the difference. I'm curious about your custom one anyway.
Let us know ;)

PC_USER

Mar 1, 2011
As well as promised, I have made English version of my custom nandroid backup:).
You can download it from here.

How to install:
Warning!!! On your tablet must be installed ClockworkMod Recovery!!!
The most simple method to install it - download and flash firmware #465 with built in by me ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 from here.

Warning!!! All your programs be deleted (nand data remains untouched)!!!

1) Unpack "clockworkmod" folder from archive "PC_USER backup v.2.1 eng.rar" into the root of your Micro SD memory card.
2) Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery (when tablet switch on, press left and center hardware buttons).
3) Choose point "backup and restore" (center button – navigation, left button - enter).
4) Choose point "restore".
5) On a question "Confirm restore?" answer "Yes - Restore".
6) Wait :).

List of changes:
System changes:
• ROOT
• ClockworkMod Recovery v.2.5.1.3
• Installed fixed mali200 video driver (games like a Angry Birds works fine)
• Installed USB Bluetooth driver
• CPU works on frequency 36-720Mhz
• Heap (size of RAM allocated for apps) increased to 32MB from 24MB by default
• Changed info about version of Android
• Changed boot animation
• Latest versions of system fonts
• Latest version of Su binary for Superuser
• Disabled dual-touch in Browser
• Removed some garbage
• Maybe something else

Installed:
• Keyboard from Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
• LauncherPro v.0.8.4.1
• Root Explorer v.2.14.2
• ES Task Manager v.1.1.4
• TypoClock Widget v.0.51
• Kman Bluetooth Widget v.1.5
• SystemApp Remover v.4.19
• Quick Boot v.4.1 (to desktop added Power off/Reboot shortcuts)
• Music app replaced on Music Mod v.1.6 (from Cyanogen firmware)
• Gallery and Gallery 3D replaced on Gallery from HTC

Deleted:
• Contacts
• ES Explorer
• Maps
• Locator
• Navigator
• Places
• Protips
• AccountAndSyncSettings
• RemoteService
• MMS
• Phone
• TelephonyProvider
• SetupWizard
• TtsService
• CertInstaller
• DeskClock
• GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
• GooglePartnerSetup
• Gtalkservice
• Talk
• TalkProvider
• TelechipsSystemUpdater
• Vending (Market)
• MarketUpdater
• YouTube
• GoogleApps
• GoogleCheckin
• GoogleBackupTransport
• GoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider
• GoogleSettingsProvider
• HTMLViewer
• Provision
• MediaUploader
• PicoTts
• VpnServices
• Easy Note
• Laputa
• iReader
• Custom Locale
• Email
• Gmail
• GmailProvider
• Streets
• LatinIME
• SpeedForge

Sorry for my English :).

PC_USER

Mar 1, 2011
saschab, you are right, but there are fine replacements to the Market, such for example, as Applanet (at it even Warez is present). I delete the Market, because together with it it would be necessary to leave many services from Google talk.

BeeMan88

Apr 11, 2011
As well as promised, I have made English version of my custom nandroid backup:).
You can download it from here.

How to install:
Warning!!! On your tablet must be installed ClockworkMod Recovery!!!
The most simple method to install it - download and flash firmware #465 with built in by me ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 from here.

Warning!!! All your programs be deleted (nand data remains untouched)!!!

1) Unpack "clockworkmod" folder from archive "PC_USER backup v.2.1 eng.rar" into the root of your Micro SD memory card.
2) Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery (when tablet switch on, press left and center hardware buttons).
3) Choose point "backup and restore" (center button – navigation, left button - enter).
4) Choose point "restore".
5) On a question "Confirm restore?" answer "Yes - Restore".
6) Wait :).

List of changes:
System changes:
• ROOT
• ClockworkMod Recovery v.2.5.1.3
• Installed fixed mali200 video driver (games like a Angry Birds works fine)
• Installed USB Bluetooth driver
• CPU works on frequency 36-720Mhz
• Heap (size of RAM allocated for apps) increased to 32MB from 24MB by default
• Changed info about version of Android
• Changed boot animation
• Latest versions of system fonts
• Latest version of Su binary for Superuser
• Disabled dual-touch in Browser
• Removed some garbage
• Maybe something else

Installed:
• Keyboard from Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
• LauncherPro v.0.8.4.1
• Root Explorer v.2.14.2
• ES Task Manager v.1.1.4
• TypoClock Widget v.0.51
• Kman Bluetooth Widget v.1.5
• SystemApp Remover v.4.19
• Quick Boot v.4.1 (to desktop added Power off/Reboot shortcuts)
• Music app replaced on Music Mod v.1.6 (from Cyanogen firmware)
• Gallery and Gallery 3D replaced on Gallery from HTC

Deleted:
• Contacts
• ES Explorer
• Maps
• Locator
• Navigator
• Places
• Protips
• AccountAndSyncSettings
• RemoteService
• MMS
• Phone
• TelephonyProvider
• SetupWizard
• TtsService
• CertInstaller
• DeskClock
• GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
• GooglePartnerSetup
• Gtalkservice
• Talk
• TalkProvider
• TelechipsSystemUpdater
• Vending (Market)
• MarketUpdater
• YouTube
• GoogleApps
• GoogleCheckin
• GoogleBackupTransport
• GoogleSubscribedFeedsProvider
• GoogleSettingsProvider
• HTMLViewer
• Provision
• MediaUploader
• PicoTts
• VpnServices
• Easy Note
• Laputa
• iReader
• Custom Locale
• Email
• Gmail
• GmailProvider
• Streets
• LatinIME
• SpeedForge

Sorry for my English :).

Thanks, PC_USER!! I had a dead tablet and I was able to flash it with your first one, with Clockwork mod, and then to this one. HOWEVER...I agree with saschab: I want the Android Market app back! I can't download a lot of the free apps that I have on my HTC Incredible (Android2.2). I've tried Applanet and that's cool, but it doesn't offer EVERYTHING the Market does. I use AppBrain and I can browse the Market just fine with it, but I can't download anything because it tells me I don't have Market installed.

A lot of those things you deleted is nice, my tablet boots up really fast now..but I miss some of the stuff you took out. Also, why did you remove Dual-touch in the browser????? That was one BIG thing I really enjoyed about it, and the reason I got this tablet is so that I had dual/multi touch.

SO my question(s): Can you add the Market back to this? Can you re-enable the dual touch in the browser? I'd like to setup my Gmail account too...and calendar, for which I use at work. Can you create another image with these added back in? Or, can you point me to a place where I can re-add all this stuff you took out?

You've done a really nice job on this, but you took out some key apps/features.

Thanks!

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
Just wondering, is it possible for us to build the OS for the tablet, perhaps using source code from Google? is it going to be hard?

PC_USER

Mar 1, 2011
Hello guys! I want to inform remarkable news - we found a new firmware for our pads! In the new firmware was fixed work of touch screen and accumulator! I successfully insert ClockworkMod Recovery in it and now you can download it from here or from mirror (password to archive is forum.china-iphone.ru). Flash your device using FWDN tool included in archive.
P.S. Don't pay attention to file Readme in Russian :).

Last edited:

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
good job man. anyway, is this still android 2.1? Is there any other improvement in this firmware?

edited: just downloaded the file, but unfortunately the file is password locked. any idea about it?

Last edited:

PC_USER

Mar 1, 2011
good job man. anyway, is this still android 2.1? Is there any other improvement in this firmware?

edited: just downloaded the file, but unfortunately the file is password locked. any idea about it?

Oh, i'm sorry, i has absolutely forgotten. The password is forum.china-iphone.ru. It's still android 2.1.
Please, you can explain how you it have done?
tank
It was done not by me. I have only built in ClockworkMod Recovery by HEX-Editor into the original version of firmware.

Last edited:

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
Oh, i'm sorry, i has absolutely forgotten. The password is forum.china-iphone.ru. It's still android 2.1.

It was done not by me. I have only built in ClockworkMod Recovery by HEX-Editor into the original version of firmware.

Thanks. I just found out that the update requires us to un FWDN, and having no access to PC now, I cannot do it >< do you know anyway to run it by clockworkmod?

BeeMan88

Apr 11, 2011
Hello guys! I want to inform remarkable news - we found a new firmware for our pads! In the new firmware was fixed work of touch screen and accumulator! I successfully insert ClockworkMod Recovery in it and now you can download it from here or from mirror (password to archive is forum.china-iphone.ru). Flash your device using FWDN tool included in archive.
P.S. Don't pay attention to file Readme in Russian :).

This is great! Thank you!
However, I was wondering if this update is the same as your previous one? I know it includes the updated firmware, but since this is your package, is it still the same package as the one you did before where you took out all those other apps and features?

I don't want to update my pad just to find out I'm still missing all of those things you took out..like the multi touch in the web browser, Android Market app, etc.

Thanks!

PC_USER

Mar 1, 2011
This is great! Thank you!
However, I was wondering if this update is the same as your previous one? I know it includes the updated firmware, but since this is your package, is it still the same package as the one you did before where you took out all those other apps and features?

I don't want to update my pad just to find out I'm still missing all of those things you took out..like the multi touch in the web browser, Android Market app, etc.

Thanks!
This is the new version of the firmware #1002 (previous been #465) with all features include Market, multitouch in the web browser and other things.