[ROM] Singapore ROM (S7V100R001C61B011) - Newer

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
heh thanks =)

This was just a basic repack =) I'm working on something a little better right now. I was working on it for my own use at first.

and unfortunately I used the wrong base image. So I'm in the process of doing it all again using the proper Singapore Rom as my base.

So give me a few the ivyvisors rom v0.02 will be up.

What I will do with this version is:

Base it on the correct Singapore Rom.
Add the app widget picker into /system/app/
All google app updates.

To be honest the only reason why I'm doing this is to learn more =) and it's fun.

~Ivy

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
heh thanks =)

This was just a basic repack =) I'm working on something a little better right now. I was working on it for my own use at first.

and unfortunately I used the wrong base image. So I'm in the process of doing it all again using the proper Singapore Rom as my base.

So give me a few the ivyvisors rom v0.02 will be up.

What I will do with this version is:

Base it on the correct Singapore Rom.
Add the app widget picker into /system/app/
All google app updates.

To be honest the only reason why I'm doing this is to learn more =) and it's fun.

~Ivy

Thank you Madam lol but can you add the flash_image su and bash binaries in it as well along with terminal and superuser haven't tried it yet downloading 0.1 right now.

Thanks again my s7 was on the verge of getting sold.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Can do, It should have su already there. But not flash_image or bash as of yet.

Terminal emulator. Again something I can add too. I just made another version based on the correct Singapore firmware. Which I'm currently uploading.

I'm probably going to spend this fine saturday doing this so expect a few versions to be updated.

and I should really start a new thread when this version is uploaded.

~Ivy

badsig

Mar 12, 2011
The newer Singapore firmware is awesome, so much better than the original Australian Telstra one, no bloatware and loads and runs a little bit faster somehow, oh and the battery seems to last a tad little bit more. By the way, on mine after the update, the 4-way screen rotation was disabled by default, I had to go to settings and change it manually... This firmware will help a bit while I wait for 2.2 to come out.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
The newer Singapore firmware is awesome, so much better than the original Australian Telstra one, no bloatware and loads and runs a little bit faster somehow, oh and the battery seems to last a tad little bit more. By the way, on mine after the update, the 4-way screen rotation was disabled by default, I had to go to settings and change it manually... This firmware will help a bit while I wait for 2.2 to come out.

The build of the Singapore Rom is a little later than the one built for Telstra.

The other changes I noticed was that the firmware for the Telstra S7 defaulted to the android IME not the huawei IME. I dislike the Huawei IME as it doesn't work well with shell commands =)

~Ivy

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Regards the default IME this can be changed with a long press on the google search browser a pop up menu will apear and you can chose the default keyboard.

megoelmasry

Feb 13, 2011
The newer Singapore firmware is awesome, so much better than the original Australian Telstra one, no bloatware and loads and runs a little bit faster somehow, oh and the battery seems to last a tad little bit more. By the way, on mine after the update, the 4-way screen rotation was disabled by default, I had to go to settings and change it manually.

how did you change it manually?

HectorAg

Feb 8, 2011
When you do the ROM update, all your applications stay the same, or you have to do everything again, like reinstall all of them again? My S7 is already rooted. Regards

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Hi Hector,

You should be fine I haven't set the update script to erase data. And as it's pretty much the stock rom you should be fine.

~Ivy

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
The newer Singapore firmware is awesome, so much better than the original Australian Telstra one, no bloatware and loads and runs a little bit faster somehow, oh and the battery seems to last a tad little bit more. By the way, on mine after the update, the 4-way screen rotation was disabled by default, I had to go to settings and change it manually."

how did you change it manually?

Menu, Settings, Sound & Display. Scroll down to Orientation. You should have 4 options: Fixed, 2-way, 3-way, 4-way. Choose 4-way. Hope that helps!

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Hi all,
I know that this is a really noob question but how are you flashing the rom's Is the new ROM placed on the external SD and run from there? I am really wanting to learn this as when my 8.9in Galaxy tablet get's here I want to be able to break in and play, si really need ot practice on my S7. any and all help and guidance would be greatly appreciated. Also will be ready to send donations this week to the builders of this rom update. weere can I find some new themes to install? MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE

edit:
I realize that this post probably should not have gone here in the development thread but as it pretained to this specific topic, well.. I went back and looked at the how to flash a rom thread looking for clues and came away more frustrated. with out the long quote beind added, it said to copy 2 files in to a dload file in the root of the sd card. in Ivy's rom the file were not there. Back to my desire to learn and grow. How do I flash this to my S7?

Edit!!
I was finally able to get the sigapore rom loaded.. Could not for the life of me to figure out how from the external sd card but after moving it to the internal card it took off. I ma not sure why but if there is a secret hand shack in using the external card let me know. I for some reason just could not see it inside the recovery. Even reloaded recovery to make sure I had the right one. Oh well. not that my feet are wet I am feeling better about alot more of this. Many tanks to all especially Ivy and X for their work. who do I send beer funds too???

Last edited:

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
I should have what I will call version 1 sometime this morning (damn insomnia.)

I've had a few issues, and I've found out what was going wrong. one of the scripts I was using needed GNU Sed, not BSD Sed. So when I tried to run my rom, I had wonderful fun boot loops.

Anyway, just doing a rebuild right now. And I may throw a few extra things in if I can get it all sorted =)

~Ivy

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
Hi CDKelly5,

To flash this rom you'd need the recovery image installed. Which you can get from:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...0-recovery-s7-clockworkmod-recovery-port.html

Once there it's pretty simple to flash the firmware to the device =)

Hope this helps =)

~Ivy

So i just place you unzipped firmware on a formated sd card and boot to the recovery and follow the instructions? or is there instructions to that process? I know it seems like i'm asking for ahand hold but as soon as I can get the first run under my belt I'll be ok.