[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
I've updated my ROM for the A2109 to Jelly Bean.

File: A2109A_MCL0201.zip
Link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1jde5rC0oQGejRIcGUtbl81UGs
MD5: b979e686a5845f64a4e76d53724cbb70

Features:

• Based on Lenovo's stock Jelly Bean 4.1.1 ROM
  • Rooted
  • Deodexed (allows modding/theming)
  • Zipaligned (for memory optimization)
  • Busybox preinstalled
  • Crapware removed: Accuweather, Documents to Go, Evernote, News Republic, Norton Security, ooVoo, Memo, Sugar Sync, Zinio, and Go Keyboard

Changelog:

Version 0201

• Updated to Jelly Bean, based on Lenovo's A2109A_A411_03_13_121126 firmware

Version 0103
  • Updated with the changes in Lenovo's A2109A_A404_02_07_121018 firmware
  • Updated to Busybox to 1.20.2

Version 0102

• Original release based on Lenovo's A2109A_A404_02_05_120918 firmware

Upgrading from MCL0102 or MCL0103

1. Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery (either with 'adb reboot recovery' or powering on and tapping Vol+ immediately)
  2. Wipe the Dalvik Cache (under the Advanced options in CWM)
  3. Install the zip with CWM
  4. Reboot (you'll be running Jelly Bean)
  5. After this first run in Jelly Bean, you'll need to update CWM to 4.0.1.9d (see http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...bean-update-breaks-clockworkmod-recovery.html)

Installing if you're running the Stock ROM

I highly recommend backing up your apps and data with Titanium Backup beforehand as you'll need to do a factory reset to install. A Nandroid backup in ClockworkMod recovery would be a good idea too, if you want an easy way to get back to stock.

1. Make sure you have your bootloader unlocked and you have ClockworkMod recovery installed.
  2. Download the ROM install zip from the above link and place either on your Internal SD Card or External SD Card.
  3. Reboot into ClockworkMod recovery (either with 'adb reboot recovery' or by powering on and tapping Vol+ immediately)
  4. In CWM, perform a 'wipe data/factory reset'
  5. In CWM, choose 'install zip from sdcard'
  6. Choose either 'choose zip from sdcard' or 'choose zip from external sd card' depending on where you placed the ROM zip.
  7. Navigate to where you placed the zip file and select it. Choose 'Yes' when asked to confirm install.
  8. When the install is finished, go back to CWM's main menu and choose 'reboot system now'.
  9. The first boot up may take longer than usual, up to a few minutes... this is normal.
  10. Go through the initial setup.
  11. If you backup up your apps with Titanium Backup, grap Titanium Backup from the Play Store.
  12. Restore your user apps and data with Titanium Backup (you can also restore data-only for IdeaDesktop, this will restore your desktop to the way you had it before), then reboot once more.
  13. After it finishes rebooting, open Titanium Backup again... if it complains about the Android ID changing, choose to restore it (this may cause another reboot).
  14. Enjoy!

Notes:

Don't try to install an OTA from Lenovo over this, it won't work. If/when Lenovo releases an update, I'll update the ROM accordingly.
Let me know here if you have any issues/questions/comments/requests.

See the first reply for mods and themes.

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Mod and Themes

Circular 1% Battery Indicator

Replaces the stock battery indicator:

Stock IndicatorCircular 1% Indicator
$StockBattery.png$Circular1PercentBattery.png

Mod Installer: MCL0201_CIRC1PRCT_BATTERY.zip Link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1jde5rC0oQGcnBPcDlzTXBMUUE MD5: 32c12f0505f42ba92431f8471c7fc4f2
Stock Battery Restore: MCL0201_STOCK_BATTERY.zip Link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1jde5rC0oQGQndzSjFkZ2VVck0 MD5: fcd5c71b6beb29d809c16b0bedd42ae9

These are only for my MCL0201 ROM!!! They will not work with any other ROM.

To install flash MCL0201_CIRC1PRCT_BATTERY.zip in CWM recovery. If you want to go back to the stock indicator, flash MCL0201_STOCK_BATTERY.zip in CWM recovery.

Credits:
shayne77 ([MOD][ICS][9'Jun] * Battery Mod Tool * ALL CM9/Samsung ROMs * - xda-developers) - I used his Battery Mod Tool (with some changes to make it work for the A2109)
mrvirgina ([MOD] Battery Mod Collection - 01/19/12 Metamorph Support - xda-developers) - The artwork for the indicator is his work

Flashable Softkeys

Linsalata28 has created a softkeys mod: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pment/53676-theme-mod-flashable-softkeys.html

Last edited:

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Big thanks to mcl, who worked through the night to get out clockworkmod and the ROM.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
FYI: I started Titanium Backup without enabling ADB debugging. Even after setting that option, I got the same message. I had to reinstall TB in order to avoid that warning (and access my external sdcard).

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
FYI: I started Titanium Backup without enabling ADB debugging. Even after setting that option, I got the same message. I had to reinstall TB in order to avoid that warning (and access my external sdcard).

You mean you got the message that need to enable ADB debugging, even after enabling it? If that's what you meant, using choosing 'Restart Application' in TB's setting menu will fix it.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
You mean you got the message that need to enable ADB debugging, even after enabling it? If that's what you meant, using choosing 'Restart Application' in TB's setting menu will fix it.

Probably :). I restarted the app by using Force Stop in Settings. Strange that that didn't work...

colour97

Dec 15, 2012
when i choose: apply update from external storage, the signal bar only run half way and keep getting INSTALLATION ABORTED. The robot has red! sign.

is there anything i make mistake.

[FONT=&#23435]fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img
this set, i got finished.
[/FONT]

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
when i choose: apply update from external storage, i keep getting INSTALLATION ABORTED. The robot has red! sign.

is there anything i make mistake.

[FONT=&amp]fastboot flash recovery A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.1.9d.img
this set, i got finished.
[/FONT]

Aren't you trying to flash JB/4.1.1? Then you must be on 4.0.4. You have to use cwm .9c with 4.0.4, not .9d. So flash that version, then apply the 4.1.1 ROM update. Then when you are on 4.1.1, flash .9d.

colour97

Dec 15, 2012
  1. In CWM, perform a 'wipe data/factory reset'
  2. In CWM, choose 'install zip from sdcard2'

question: i put the zip file to sd card. do not unzip it. is it right?

i did above procedure.

View attachment 9394
you can see, 2109 should be unlock successfully.