[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
They are faster about 5 to 10%. Deodexed rom can be modified example add mods battery icons and so on. Odexed is stock can't add mods, or battery icon.

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
Hi vampirefo.,

it is difficult to odexed the ROM - can I do itself?

Is there a Homepage to upload the ROM and get odexed?
Or I need Linux to do this?

Ciao

Louis

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
Hi beton_nl,

falls Du Hilfe zum Rooten und CWM flashen brauchst, kann Du hier schauen ( 2Post´s #1 und #4):

Custom-ROM von vampirefo: Android 4.0.3, CWM, PreRoot, Deodexed - Android-Hilfe.de

Grüße

Louis777

Thanks man, but i don't speak german
Only Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and English

I already found the related threads, but all I meant is that these kind of "How to" threads should be stickied like in many other forums..

I guess this forum is just warming up :rolleyes:

Cheers

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
That's a matter of opinion. There's been a lot of discussion of that. In general, it seems people who play a lot of games on their tablet prefer ICS (better performance), while those of us who don't prefer JB (smoother). Your mileage may vary.

Well, I just got the A2109 a couple of days ago and that's my first tablet . And the first thing I did was upgrade it to JB (dutch- OTA)

Don't know how this Tablet performed on ICS but on my other devices such as Galaxy S3, Note1 and Note2 JB is miles away better

On the Note2 XDA forum everyone was glad to leave ICS, no room for doubt..

Perhaps things are different with Lenovo....

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
I didn't find much of a difference between ICS and jb , although we were supplied with a vanilla flavoured stock ROM with no bells and whistles, this tablet is able to handle much more than was provided by lenovo, running my paranoid android ROM with vampirefo's kernel and you can start to see what this tablet is capable of doing.

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
I didn't find much of a difference between ICS and jb , although we were supplied with a vanilla flavoured stock ROM with no bells and whistles, this tablet is able to handle much more than was provided by lenovo, running my paranoid android ROM with vampirefo's kernel and you can start to see what this tablet is capable of doing.

Well based on my experience on smartphones, JB is handling GPU and screen way better than ICS among other things that I don't remember cause I left ICS ages ago.

I didn't start modding the A2109 yet, not even rooted , since it's just a back up device so I am not in a hurry, but.... just by disabling some bloatware in settings (another new feature present on JB ) and disabling some apps from system start-up, I am already getting better battery performance and all-round performance including better benchmark results:

Screenshot_2013-04-20-13-02-19-1.png

I don't care much about benchmark results, the daily user experience is what counts, but comparisons are always fun .....

( By the way here I am using Quadrant Standard...on Quadrant Advanced results are even better )

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
Removing non needed bloatware is always good, also running a different launcher helps, there's lots of bloatware in the libs and etc folder

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

beto_nl

Apr 18, 2013
Yeppers....after disabling a bunch of bloat, the device is deep sleeping as a baby when on stand-by, for instance

What are the recommendable launchers for the A2109 by the way?

My favorite, Nova Prime, is doing fine so far...

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
@vampirefo.,

Hi,

in the between time, I posted the ROM in the german forum with your Name and Don.-Link.

Medion Lifetab P9514 Forum auf Android-Hilfe.de

and here direct:

Custom-ROM von vampirefo: Android 4.0.3, CWM, PreRoot, Deodexed - Android-Hilfe.de

Today I have received a message from a member:

Deodexed ROM are slower as odexed ROM.

I know the difference/ spec. from Deodexed and odexed.

Is the odexed ROM 30 or 50% faster? Or other items/ Features?

What you mean?

Greetings

Louis

The difference in performance between odexed and deodexed is very, very small on modern devices. On much earlier Android devices (with slower CPUs and minimal RAM) it made more of a difference.

I repeat my earlier request to take the Median Lifetab discussion to another thread... it's irrevalent to the topic of this thread.

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
@vampirefo
@flashallthetime

Hi,

here is Louis from Germany. You Know, Lenovo Medion S9714 LifeTab aka A2109A.

I have two questions:

In the beetwen time, I have updated my CWM from JB ...1.9.d to - I think - to superhansi´s CWM 6.0.3.0.img!!

In the last 3 week´s, I tried the SlimROM 4.2.2 ROM from the Post of Lenovo Forum Page #20 (superhansi)

Development: Cyanogenmod 10 for the A2109 - Page 20 - Lenovo Community

The ROM runs very well. O.K. SIM/3G dont work - but when I take the Tab with me in the car for Navigation or surfing, I can used the Data-Flat from my SmartPhone over Tethering. I save the second Flat for the Tab and works well. No hanging or misstakes - works. With voice navigation and Satellite View!

The ROM has so many possibilities - great. That should be with this SlimROM 4.2.2 version on sale from Medion....

The first question:
The Cam doesn´t Work - Video recording and Video on Skype with voice no Problem!

May be it has a avaiable Patch - or a trick - that the Cam work´s. Allways FC system ui stopped! I think, the failure come from Google Photo Sphere App.

The second question:
It is possible, to use the CWM 6.0.3.0.img unstead 6.0.1.9-c.img to use it on a ICS 4.0.4 ROM (First Tab-Version on Sale) to root and flash imed. Superuser-3.arm.zip. (renamed the ...boot.p or flash the rooted 4.1.1 ROM from you)

or First flash 6.0.2.8a.img (that for both ICS&JB) - root/ superuser and flash the ROM and then updated to 6.0.3.0.img?

Many People ask me in the Forum here, how to do.

Thanks a lot for quick answer.

Louis

BTW: On Sunday I make a try (8 Hours or so) to the last CM10.1 Version ROM 4.2.2 (dated 04.03.2013 - same Lenovo Forum Page) from superhansi. The Slim-ROM. has the same failure (no SIM/3G, no Cam and much less possib. like the Slim-ROM). But I think, the Slim-ROM is more then 100% better. The greatest Failure was - USB-Debugging doesn´t work. In Fastboot show me allways - I think offline or so. I don´t know, why?

I flashed back to Slim-ROM - with CWM and CWM-Restored/Advanced only User Data. The Tab run´s again - like before!! The Slim-ROM is - my favorite - when Cam-work´s - super-favorite!!

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
First question: You should probably ask in the slim rom thread.

Second Question: I doubt superhansi's CWM 6.0.3.0 will work with the stock 4.0.4 ROM (or any other stock ROM). My 6.0.2.8a.img should work fine with any stock ROM for the A2109A.

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Hello,

I'd like to downgrade from MCL0201 to MCL0103, my recovery is A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.2.8a.
I flashed MCL0103 two times with full wipe(I get "Random offset: 0x3b9" error), and after reboot it stuck on Lenovo logo!(I've waited up to 5 minutes and nothing except Lenovo logo)

Any solution ,please?
Many Thanks.

Last edited: