[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

jam97

Mar 26, 2013
Is it possible to apply cm10 theme chooser's themes to this rom? How?

Thanks.

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
@vampirefo,

Hi,

some People must send back its Tab to Service. Most is warranty. They need an unrooted Tab.

I think - only removed the first 2 lines in updater script and flash over CWM-Recovery. (First wipe factory & dalvik cache)
After the flash and reboot - CWM changed back to 3e Android Recovery - no more root!
(Factory-Delivery)

Then in adb/fastboot lock the bootloader.

Are the steps correct?

Here the link from the stockrom-update 4.1.1: (It is from you - remember from your logcat)
http://tapntap.http.internapcdn.net/tapntap/medion/A2110-JB411_02_00_130313_316_WW_F.zip

Flash Stock-Update.zip over CWM on Medion Lenovo S9714/A2110

Is WinRar O.K. for repack/zip the ROM?

CWM-Recovery should be ...1.9d, 6.0.2.8a or 6.0.3.0?

This is the failure-messages...
View attachment 10423

Greetings

Louis777

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Louis777, it looks like you're using a CWM built for the A2109A, so it's failing the assert for S9714 or A2110. Either remove the assert from the updater-script, or use a recovery built for the S9714.

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
@mcl630,

the S9714 is from Lenovo too. It's like the same Tab - Tegra ... aka A2109A - only 10" Display and 3G.

I have tested diff. Rom's from A2109A - all works without 3G. (A2109A has no 3G only Wireless)

All CWM-Recovery from A2109A work's - the ..1.9c for ICS and the 1.9d, 6.0.2.8a and 6.0.3.0 for JB - on A2110/S9714.
The last Test's - 3/4 Rom's - I do with the 6.0.3.0 - from superhansi? Toi - toi - toi, no hang's or bootloops!

O.K. My Question was, to remove the first 2 lines in updater-script. After flash over CWM-Recovery from the Rom, the Original Android 3e comes back.

The Base-Rom is the Update-Rom, comes normally OTA. I removed only the 2 Lines - who identified the A2110/S9714.

It this correct, what I have wrote. I like not test with my rooted Tab.

I test in the moment (over 4 weeks) the nexus 7 grouper Rom without any Problems. The 3G Features i don't need so. Normally I use the Tab at Home. If I need Internet on the road, i use the USB-Tethering from my SmartPhone. It work's very well.

I hope, the first what I have wrote, is right?
Thank's a lot for your help.

Many Thank's for your 6.0.2.8a.img. I used this before.

Then when superhansi post his slim-rom and the cm10.1 rom, I see in his post the 6.0.3.0.img. To try this new rom I changed to his img. But this rom isn't not fully stable and has allways fc. Still cam dosn't work too. Then i changed to paranoid 1 and 2... - after no new post from superhansi. I think 7-8 weeks no login.

It is possible, to use your 2.8a.img on every Custom/CM-Rom?
Before I finished the last Question: Why your Image is not listed as known CWM-Image by Rom-Manager-App?

Greetings

Louis

Last edited:

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
It is possible, to use your 2.8a.img on every Custom/CM-Rom?
Before I finished the last Question: Why your Image is not listed as known CWM-Image by Rom-Manager-App?

Greetings

Louis

My 6.0.2.8a CWM build *should* work for any custom ROM, but if I remember correctly superhansi put the wrong board name in his build of CWM and his CM ROM checks for that board name.

I never had my CWM listed in ROM Manager because I didn't want to deal with jumping through koush's hoops to get it listed.

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Hi Louis777

If original recovery comes back, -perhaps- that is because of /system/etc/install-recovery.sh which installs /system/recovery-from-boot.p

I renamed them to /system/etc/_install-recovery.sh and /system/_recovery-from-boot.p to avoid this.

You can also comment out

service flash_recovery /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
class main
oneshot

from /init.rc

Thanks

Last edited:

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
@tasinofan,

Hello,

I'm looking for a simple Method, to unroot the S9714 for People to send the Tab to Service - or only unroot.

The easiest way, I think so, is to remove the first 2 lines in the last OTA 4.1.1 from March, 13. this year. This 2 lines identified the Tab for A2110/ S9714. Then you could flash the OTA-Rom with both CWM - 6.0.2.8a from mcl630 or 6.0.3.0 from superhansi. May be it work's with 6.0.1.9d too.

I think, this is the best and fastest way to unroot the device. After flash Original Android 3e comes back. The last work, lock the bootloader.

I do this for People to help - not for me. I'm satisfied, my Tab is rooted and run's with the Custom-Rom's very well.

Btw: The last Rom's from flashallthetime - the last paranoid 2.54 and Combo Nexus are very stable - fast and has many many features.

In the between time I don't miss the 3G/SIM Funktion - when I take the Tab with me on the road, I use USB-Tethering from my Smartphone. I need only one flat.

I wait for your answer, about the step's to unroot.

Greetings

Louis777

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Louis777

Flashing the stock JB OTA ROM on the medion seems like a good way to unroot (and, yes, the identification string assert might need to be removed or adjusted). And yes, the stock ROM will then overwrite recovery with stock one as well. You may need to do a factory reset first (say, if coming from CM).

There is one caveat. If the TAB comes back from service, and people want to root again, then be warned that the original 'root many' method which worked for stock ICS was reported to not work for stock JB.

Thanks

Last edited:

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
@tasinofan,

Hello again,

the same prec. like every Year - James - with the word's from miss sophie....

1. Tab comes back from service
2. adb boot bootloader unlock them
3. flash CWM-Recovery
4. reboot - and im. press vol-minus to go to CWM-Recovery
5. flash the rom from vampirefo - deodexed/root or any other Rom ex. Paranoid from flashallthetime.
6. or you can flash superuser arm.zip - than you have to changed/renamed recoveryfromboot.p

All correct?

Ciao

Louis777

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
@Louis777

On the Medion Tab I never went to flash custom recovery when being stock, but, if you can do so you should be set to flash any other ROM or just add superuser.

fwiw: IIRC what, in short, I did along the go was:

from stock ICS
- use 'root many' method to have root
- build CWM and install it using dd
CM
- I flashed superhansi CM and CWM to play around with
stock upgrade
- add root to OTA zip
- flash that zip (still with superhansi CWM)
- deodexed and zipaligned the ROM

samacaster

Jun 2, 2013
The 6.0.2.8a CWM worked just fine. Successfully installed and up and running with no bloatware. Accuweather actually stuck around, but as I use it, Its a plus. MCL, Thank you for your hard work in helping us all out here. (is it me or is this thing even faster!!)

and0806

Jun 12, 2013
Hi guys
I also own a Medion s9714. I would be happy if some of you fellow geeks can help me to root this device. As i undstand the trick is to flash the rom from A2110 but how do i manage that?
All the best from denmark.