[ROM] Stock Jelly Bean, Rooted, Deodexed, Crapware Removed

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
@and0806

Welcome to lenovo forum

Are you running ICS ROM or did you already OTA upgrade to JB ?

Thanks

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
@and0806

In that case I, personally, cannot speak from own experience on how to root your S9714 aka A2110.

One could easily root ICS using so called 'root many' xda method which exploited a weakness in ICS. But that method is reported to no longer work for JB.

But S9714 is very siilar to A2109, and, I hope for you that methods described in these threads will work for you.

Do you happen to have a working clockworkmod recovery? If so then rooting should be possible by flashing su 6755 and some superuser apk.

Success!

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Thank you, purchased A2109A which had ics on it as replacement for a broken playbook, read up - unlocked boot loader and installed CWM then flashed your rom - clear explanation

Louis777

Mar 31, 2013
Last edited:

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Hi is there anyway to move apps or at least their data to SD card on our lenovo's with this ROM ?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
Hi is there anyway to move apps or at least their data to SD card on our lenovo's with this ROM ?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Not built in. There might be an app out there that can do it?

tasinofan

Jan 13, 2013
Hi damianiw

The medion has 32Gb internal, so, I doubt if you would run out of space with apps and their data.

I consider it a luxury to not have anything on external SD so I can swap external SD with data (say, media) from anybody else without breaking apps.

When it comes to store huge amounts of data (say, lots of movies), you can keep a set of external SDs. Most programs are clever enough to find data there.

Have a nice day

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
I have the lenovo with 16gb built in, so would be handy to find out how - really surprised they removed this as it was a selling point of android to me, no need to pay more for big built in storage

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk 4

C4sCoPo4

Aug 26, 2013
a newbie question : i used this cwm recovery version : A2109_CWMrecovery-6.0.2.8a.img to unlock and root
can i install or flash this custom rom using this recovery or i have to change cmw version

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
CWM 6.0.2.8 should work with any of the custom ROMs you find on this forum.

Sheverg

Mar 20, 2013
CWM 6.0.2.8 should work with any of the custom ROMs you find on this forum.

Yes it does I think its the cwm 6.0.2.8 a , thx mlc or ROMs are the best I finally got hold of the cm 10.2 ROM and its has my tablet living in style again. But I have to ask does the rotation lock on the side not work or is mine broken lol I've only used it once in 2012-.......also any hope of seeing the Ubuntu touch on our tablets ? Oooo and one more thing Im trying to use an head set with my device but the headset mic don't activate only the head phone speakers and music control . The Nokia BH 503 headset

mcl630

Dec 3, 2012
The rotation lock definately works on the stock ROM and mine, but I don't know if it works in cm 10.2. As for Ubuntu touch, I don't know... try porting it over. I haven't used a headset with the A2109, so I can't comment on that either.

damianiw

Jun 30, 2013
Hi

I installed this rom pretty soon after getting my A2109 :)

I'm wondering is there a lot of benefit to reflashing with the akop slimrom or paranoid android rom, I do still find that web browsing on the tablet is slower than the ipad2 in our house so I grab that when I can it is mine but you know what families do :)

for the price the A2109 is a good tablet, I don't like the launcher but again haven't bothered to change it, I miss multi-touch gestures from the ipad too but I don't know if that's Android or our tablet specific ?